Cancel Dr. Seuss

'You can't make this stuff up': Outrage as eBay REMOVES listings for canceled Dr Seuss books 'because they glorify violence' but allows copies of Mein Kampf and Louis Farrakhan's books to be sold

Outraged Americans are demanding to know why eBay has banned them from reselling the six 'offensive' Dr Seuss books that are being canceled when copies of Hitler's Mein Kampf and Louis Farrakhan - whose anti-Semitic remarks are well known - are still available.

Now, they are being accused of censorship, virtue signaling and 'big tech book burning' by angry internet users who are demanding to know why they can't sell items that they own, just because Silicon Valley no longer thinks they are appropriate.

Ebay BANS people from reselling six 'offensive' Dr Seuss books after prices soared | Daily Mail Online

'You can't make this stuff up': Outrage as eBay REMOVES listings for canceled Dr Seuss books 'because they glorify violence' but allows copies of Mein Kampf and Louis Farrakhan's books to be sold

Outraged Americans are demanding to know why eBay has banned them from reselling the six 'offensive' Dr Seuss books that are being canceled when copies of Hitler's Mein Kampf and Louis Farrakhan - whose anti-Semitic remarks are well known - are still available.

Now, they are being accused of censorship, virtue signaling and 'big tech book burning' by angry internet users who are demanding to know why they can't sell items that they own, just because Silicon Valley no longer thinks they are appropriate.

Ebay BANS people from reselling six 'offensive' Dr Seuss books after prices soared | Daily Mail Online

Go to eBay right now and you will find every book with multiple listings.

Go to eBay right now and you will find every book with multiple listings.

they are removing them now

WSJ News Exclusive | Dr. Seuss Books Deemed Offensive Will Be Delisted From eBay

Online marketplace eBay Inc. EBAY -2.31% said it is working to prevent the resale of six Dr. Seuss books that were pulled earlier this week by the company in charge of the late author’s works because they contain offensive imagery.

“EBay is currently sweeping our marketplace to remove these items,” a spokeswoman for the company said in an email.

Hundreds of listings for the six books could be found on the platform as of Thursday morning, though the number appeared to be lower than it was on Wednesday evening. The eBay spokeswoman said it would take some time to review seller listings and that the company was monitoring newly published listings.

they are removing them now

WSJ News Exclusive | Dr. Seuss Books Deemed Offensive Will Be Delisted From eBay

Online marketplace eBay Inc. EBAY -2.31% said it is working to prevent the resale of six Dr. Seuss books that were pulled earlier this week by the company in charge of the late author’s works because they contain offensive imagery.

“EBay is currently sweeping our marketplace to remove these items,” a spokeswoman for the company said in an email.

Hundreds of listings for the six books could be found on the platform as of Thursday morning, though the number appeared to be lower than it was on Wednesday evening. The eBay spokeswoman said it would take some time to review seller listings and that the company was monitoring newly published listings.

Well that is dumb then.

I have no problem with Seuss estate discontinuing them but eBay preventing resell is absurd.

Reactions: volinbham
yep - hard to imagine those books are the most offensive things one can find on eBay

I doubt it. Out of curiosity I looked up an issue of Wolverine from the 90s that was recalled because he called Sabertooth a “Kike”. It’s on there.

WAP says hey yo!

Man you are hung up on this. Does describing heterosexual sex trigger you that much?

Reactions: Tyler Durden
So racists caricatures in children’s books are ok but women rapping about hetero sex in a song for adults is bad.

Just wanting make sure I understand your stance on this.
I read thru 2 of those Seuss books and I'll be damned if I can see what's offensive. And yeah their rap is offensive. It is certainly not appropriate for kids, and you are an idiot if you don't think they hear it.

But you see racists everywhere.

I read thru 2 of those Seuss books and I'll be damned if I can see what's offensive. And yeah their rap is offensive. It is certainly not appropriate for kids, and you are an idiot if you don't think they hear it.

But you see racists everywhere.

Is WAP made for kids? Marketed to kids? Are there WAP shows on PBS Kids? Do preschools have classrooms decorated in Cardi B and Megan The Stallion posters?

Do kids hear things they shouldn’t? Sure. That doesn’t change the fact that the SHOULDN’T be seeing things because it’s not MADE FOR THEM. My kids haven’t heard WAP because I don’t play it around them nor is it a part of any of the media they consume.

We have read plenty of Dr Seuss. None of the discontinued 6 but that is purely coincidence.

You’re argument is idiotic. You want to defend the 6 books as not having any racial caricatures, fine. But stop conflating something made for kids as comparable to something made for adults.

I have three of the six discontinued books. Mulberry, Zoo, and Eggs Super. Mulberry is clean to me except for the mention of a “Chinaman eating with sticks”. I didn’t blink at that but I’m not Chinese so maybe it’s horribly offensive and I am just not aware. Zoo is loaded with stereotypical depictions of ethnic groups typical for the era it was written. I’ve never read that one to my grad daughter because it’s really long and full of really small type that is tough on my old eyes. I haven’t ever opened Eggs Super. Guess I’ll check it out and see what’s up with it.

Should I be outraged?
images
I know I am

It sucks that Dr Seuss has been canceled. Now you can’t get Dr Seuss anywhere.

Except Kroger...EAD6751B-5142-4864-A616-619C7AC59EA5.jpeg

VN Store

Back