Carroll v. Trump ($88 million judgment for Carroll)

Any bets on the award being greatly reduced on appeal?

He's a "billionaire", $5m should be chump change.

Why would they want to keep this in the spotlight?

Not that I wouldn’t rejoice greatly to see Trump bow out of the 2024 election to clear the path for an actual effective conservative; but Trump had about as much of a chance of getting a fair trail in NYC as I would have of locating someone with 32 teeth in Bryant Denny Stadium

I don't think the death by a thousand lawsuits is going to stop him.

He will mention the location of the trial and how unfair it was.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
What level of proof has to be presented for something like this decision as a civil ruling? Is there anything more than she said/he said that was presented?

Reactions: BreatheUT
What level of proof has to be presented for something like this decision as a civil ruling? Is there anything more than she said/he said that was presented?
Civil standard is preponderance of the evidence.

He's a "billionaire", $5m should be chump change.

Why would they want to keep this in the spotlight?

Oh I think Trumps team will spin this as persecution so appealing should be expected. Plus not appealing would be spun as an admission of guilt.

The plaintiff only has to prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence. That means that the plaintiff just has to show that the matter in dispute, is more likely than not to have occurred.

There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" burden of proof like in a criminal trial.

If that’s all it takes and I am Tara Reade, I am already on the phone with my lawyers. Let’s do this

Reactions: BreatheUT

A case with a sexual component to it, albeit a civil case, is much different than what the SDNY is bringing to the table. I don't think this helps him with independent voters ... especially women.

Once again, Trump does not come across favorably in the deposition. That video makes it pretty clear that he does not respect women at all.

Oh I think Trumps team will spin this as persecution so appealing should be expected. Plus not appealing would be spun as an admission of guilt.

That's fair, I think it'd be a tall ask to overturn or set aside a jury's decision but I'm no lawyur.

VN Store

Back