Carroll v. Trump ($88 million judgment for Carroll)

These threads just aren’t as much fun since the decline in quality of the “I pretend not to like Trump” content following the 2020 election.

Reactions: clarksvol00
This is hilarious on multiple levels. I don't believe a word this women says........... But Trump is an idiot. Statements he's made in the past certainly don't help him in cases like these where you are dealing with an unsympathetic jury in the eat the rich state

You can't make this up.

At this point I'm almost convinced there is a conspiracy to nominate the worst possible candidates...... Either that or we've actually become an Idiocracy.

Been out playing golf with the new clubs. Just seeing this. So this is about where we’re at? Trump haters selling a major award?

1683665068492.gif

Reactions: hog88
Trump lawyer grills E. Jean Carroll about similarity between her rape claim, ‘SVU’ episode

Donald Trump’s lawyer appeared to imply E. Jean Carroll got the idea for her rape allegations against the former president from an episode of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” — but she denied seeing it, calling the coincidence “astonishing” during testimony Monday.

Carroll — who was back on the stand in Manhattan federal court for her civil rape trial against Trump — was asked by his attorney Joe Tacopina if she knew her account of the alleged 1996 attack was very similar to a brief plot line in a 2012 episode of the popular NBC show.

The 79-year-old former journalist testified she was “aware” of the episode but, “I haven’t seen it.”

A brief moment of the episode — titled “Theatre and Tricks” — involves a character talking about role-playing a rape fantasy in Bergdorf Goodman.

Hearing the parallels between what allegedly happened to her and the line in the show “was amazing to me,” Carroll told jurors.

“An amazing coincidence?” Tacopina asked.

“Yes, it’s astonishing,” Carroll said.

Earlier Monday, Tacopina asked Carroll why she never sued former CBS head Les Moonves after he denied her claim that he once sexually assaulted her in an elevator.

“He simply denied it,” Carroll explained of Moonves.

Trump lawyer asks E. Jean Carroll about 'SVU' episode at trial

A case with a sexual component to it, albeit a civil case, is much different than what the SDNY is bringing to the table. I don't think this helps him with independent voters ... especially women.

Once again, Trump does not come across favorably in the deposition. That video makes it pretty clear that he does not respect women at all.

Clay is unable to think there's a segment of the population (namely women) who don't want to be viewed as playthings for rich fat aging dudes. He can't seem to get this through his head.

If Trump is the 2024 Republican Party nominee, he will have to pick a woman as a running mate ... Hopefully, he will go with Kari Lake, but it will probably be either Nikki Haley or Kristi Noem.

Clay is unable to think there's a segment of the population (namely women) who don't want to be viewed as playthings for rich fat aging dudes. He can't seem to get this through his head.
Clay Travis is a chauvinist. He shows it all the time ... and he predicted that Trump would beat Biden in a landslide in 2020 as well..

Trump lawyer grills E. Jean Carroll about similarity between her rape claim, ‘SVU’ episode

Donald Trump’s lawyer appeared to imply E. Jean Carroll got the idea for her rape allegations against the former president from an episode of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” — but she denied seeing it, calling the coincidence “astonishing” during testimony Monday.

Carroll — who was back on the stand in Manhattan federal court for her civil rape trial against Trump — was asked by his attorney Joe Tacopina if she knew her account of the alleged 1996 attack was very similar to a brief plot line in a 2012 episode of the popular NBC show.

The 79-year-old former journalist testified she was “aware” of the episode but, “I haven’t seen it.”

A brief moment of the episode — titled “Theatre and Tricks” — involves a character talking about role-playing a rape fantasy in Bergdorf Goodman.

Hearing the parallels between what allegedly happened to her and the line in the show “was amazing to me,” Carroll told jurors.

“An amazing coincidence?” Tacopina asked.

“Yes, it’s astonishing,” Carroll said.

Earlier Monday, Tacopina asked Carroll why she never sued former CBS head Les Moonves after he denied her claim that he once sexually assaulted her in an elevator.

“He simply denied it,” Carroll explained of Moonves.

Trump lawyer asks E. Jean Carroll about 'SVU' episode at trial
Trump forgot to deny it? That's all it took to get her off his back?

Apparently the jury was instructed that rape required vaginal penetration with the penis and Carrol testified that she wasn’t sure what he penetrated her with, so that basically explains the verdict on sex abuse and not rape, which I thought was a little weird.

Why does Trump "have to" pick a female as his running mate?
Because his support among suburban women was already very low. Check the exit polls from the 2020 Presidential General Election.

Republican support among suburban women has been trending downward anyway since the Dobbs v. Jackson ruling was handed down (and it's very easy to pin that Supreme Court ruling directly on Trump. He appointed Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Coney-Barrett to the bench, knowing what their rulings would be on abortion.)

The way Trump handled the deposition is going to hurt him with women even more. He has a serious gender gap problem.

Evidently this falls into the "grab 'em by the p%ssy" category for Trump. You know, just the usual self-entitled jackassery from him.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Dims are trying everything in the book to hurt Trump. Why? Joe is the most popular president ever. He should get 90 million votes in 2024.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Because his support among suburban women was already very low. Check the exit polls from the 2020 Presidential General Election.

Republican support among suburban women has been trending downward anyway since the Dobbs v. Jackson ruling was handed down (and it's very easy to pin that Supreme Court ruling directly on Trump. He appointed Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Coney-Barrett to the bench, knowing what their rulings would be on abortion.)

The way Trump handled the deposition is going to hurt him with women even more. He has a serious gender gap problem.
What has Joe done for women? I’ll wait.

So this woman waited how many decades to file this lawsuit? If it was filed anywhere but Manhattan, it wouldn't have a chance.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back