Charges Dropped in the Jussie Smollett Case

Sadly, I think he only gets probation and some community service. If he was some yokel from Bucksnort is one thing, but he is a national figure who made the media circuit. A penalty that weak wouldn't discourage people from pulling this stunt again.

Reactions: StarRaider
Nice to see fake hate crimes get prosecuted and receive media attention instead of being swept under the rug when the narrative doesn't fit an agenda anymore.

Anyone remember former UT player Chris Weatherd and the hate crime committed against him and his car by a Trump supporter who had handwriting exactly like his girlfriend? Then when authorities/news media inquire *poof* all evidence is gone. hahaha
same thing happened to that james guy that plays for the lakers.... hate graffiti on his mansion gate on surveillance video but somehow it all disappeared!

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Sadly, I think he only gets probation and some community service. If he was some yokel from Bucksnort is one thing, but he is a national figure who made the media circuit. A penalty that weak wouldn't discourage people from pulling this stunt again.

I think he gets something, even if it's only like 180 days. The cops anger, the desire to prove the system is no longer corrupt, and the possibility of a perjury sanction add up to some kind of jail time.

I think he gets something, even if it's only like 180 days. The cops anger, the desire to prove the system is no longer corrupt, and the possibility of a perjury sanction add up to some kind of jail time.

Suspended sentence, probation, community service and a heft fine.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Anyone know what he’s basing this claim on?

Attachments

• 7B461C69-1039-492C-A88E-A8D712BC8E5C.jpeg
    7B461C69-1039-492C-A88E-A8D712BC8E5C.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 63
CNN, MSNBC Downplay Jussie Smollett conviction, use verdict to bash conservatives

CNN and MSNBC have continued to treat Jussie Smollett with kid gloves despite him being found guilty Thursday on five of the six charges against him stemming from the hate crime hoax he orchestrated in 2019.

As Smollett’s story crumbled, he emerged as a prominent symbol of how liberal media organizations often run with their preferred narrative before facts are known. Liberals peddled the false narrative that Smollett was attacked by two MAGA hat-wearing Trump supporters at 2 a.m. during the polar vortex in Chicago. Everyone from Democratic politicians to left-wing cable news pundits were quick to believe Smollett’s unlikely tale, which has now been officially debunked in court.

Smollett-CNN-MSNBC.jpg

Despite the guilty verdict, CNN and MSNBC both downplayed the case or managed to place blame on conservatives.

Plastered on CNN's website was the softened headline, "Jussie Smollett guilty on some charges." Many mocked the inclusion of the word "some," but the liberal network wasn’t finished with its bizarre coverage of the verdict.

CNN pundit Brian Stelter’s media newsletter "Reliable Sources," oddly led with criticism of conservative media for pointing out that many liberal news organizations fell for Smollett’s hoax. Instead of scolding reporters and analysts who bought Smollett’s story in the first place, CNN’s media industry newsletter frowned upon the organizations who did hold the liberal media accountable.

Over at MSNBC, Smollett's conviction was completely ignored by "ReidOut" host Joy Reid, "All In" host Chris Hayes, "The Rachel Maddow Show" host Rachel Maddow," "The Last Word" host Lawrence O'Donnell as well as "11th Hour" anchor Brian Williams. Even CNN’s far-left host Don Lemon managed to cover the story on-air, but his MSNBC contemporaries didn’t bother.

CNN, MSNBC downplay Jussie Smollett conviction, use verdict to bash conservatives

Jussie Smollett...the first American to scam two Nigerians
I signed in just to give you a like.
Considered doing so for the “mostly peaceful murders” post and just too lazy, but this one was just too good not to acknowledge.

Remember when ..... this doofus has to get in on the act before the facts come to light ...

You know how the parade murderer is still referred to as “accused”, whatever?. OK innocent until PROVEN guilty. Just hope they get that SUV that committed the murders; oops, I’ve been reading too many ‘news’ articles (like 2 or 3 and that’s too many with todays’ media). But in this case the report stated as a definite Smollet was “attacked”, based only on his report. Nothing to prove his (false) report; they just took it as fact and rode with it. ‘News, news, news’. But they got their sales; any retract?
After Sandman, Rittenhouse, and now this, maybe the media will learn; yes I’m an optimist. I doubt the media will learn or care; I’m also a realist.

I'll bet he does some time. The judge can impose a perjury enhancement for Smollett's fabricated testimony.

It was really dumb to put him on the stand.
I'll bet he doesn't. probation and community service, and Whoopie Goldberg will be going down on him on the View.

VN Store

Back