Chicago War Zone

People are so weird about cities here lol, no one needs to be spending millions on police officers in schools. My middle school had one and then he beat his wife and got arrested
right, so the school shootings don't bother you and aren't worth combating....
interesting strategy Cotton.

Oops

How many school shootings have been stopped by school resource officers, Pepper?

How many school shootings have been stopped by school resource officers, Pepper?
you are asking me to prove a negative, that's impossible. typically "more security" is considered better than "less security".

and I am not sure what your point is here? are you calling into doubt the efficacy of the cops in doing their jobs and protecting people?

Reactions: 508mikey
you are asking me to prove a negative, that's impossible. typically "more security" is considered better than "less security".
Not when "more security" costs millions just to create more problems than it solves. Lol at the condescending tone paired with the naive opinion that the answer is always more cops.
and I am not sure what your point is here? are you calling into doubt the efficacy of the cops in doing their jobs and protecting people?
Yes. Well, with respect to school resource officers and shootings, it would be more accurate to say that virtually all research on the topic is calling that into doubt.

People are so weird about cities here lol, no one needs to be spending millions on police officers in schools. My middle school had one and then he beat his wife and got arrested
see post 892 in regards to spending by the knucklehead mayor

The City and State are broke and they using these savings from removing SROs to fund DEI initiatives...

They aren't funneling anymore $$$ into instruction, debt reduction, or safety. It's going to fattening the administrative bureaucracy and DEI...

Not when "more security" costs millions just to create more problems than it solves. Lol at the condescending tone paired with the naive opinion that the answer is always more cops.

Yes. Well, with respect to school resource officers and shootings, it would be more accurate to say that virtually all research on the topic is calling that into doubt.
your first paragraph just described the whole government. I don't get how you guys don't get that.

TSA, DHS, CDC, DEA, ATF, *inset three letter agency here*.

if you were proposing to replace the SRO's with something effective, I wouldn't think of you as being naive. but you just want to drop the little bit of security they have. I think society has pretty well shown that less enforcement is not going to solve crime.

Reactions: dovervolz
your first paragraph just described the whole government. I don't get how you guys don't get that.

TSA, DHS, CDC, DEA, ATF, *inset three letter agency here*.

if you were proposing to replace the SRO's with something effective, I wouldn't think of you as being naive. but you just want to drop the little bit of security they have. I think society has pretty well shown that less enforcement is not going to solve crime.
Society has also pretty well shown that SROs are largely useless and certainly aren't worth the expense, but people don't seem to care about that

Society has also pretty well shown that SROs are largely useless and certainly aren't worth the expense, but people don't seem to care about that
again, how do you prove a negative? SROs are generally going to be present in more of the dangerous schools, while the safer schools won't have them. So a blanket statement of them making things worse is incredibly short sighted.

it also doesn't address how many more shootings would have happened if the potential shooter knew there wasn't an SRO there. thats the negative that can't be proven, admittedly either way. I really doubt shooters are CHOOSING to go more to schools with an SRO than without because of the SRO itself.

if you have a problem with specific results of the SROs you need to look at the government, not the individual SRO. The hiring policies, training, and retention are all set by the local government. then the laws protecting cops, and federal judges ruling that cops AREN'T responsible for maintaining our safety. Fixing those three things would go a pretty far way to getting better results from any cops, including SROs.

Yes, let's get rid of SROs to save money. Let teachers volunteer to be armed as a replacement.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
You don't hear about a lot of stuff that happens at schools. The school and the school board don't really want that information getting out. I can tell you without a doubt that a SRO stopped a school shooting in my high school last year. They are needed in some schools.

Wait, you mean saying people keep assuming every minority is unqualified because DEI? You think that’s not happening? Lol

Nope, I said in here a broke school system shouldn't use SRO reduction savings to fatten up an administrative bureaucracy and expand DEI initiatives...

Nope, I said in here a broke school system shouldn't use SRO reduction savings to fatten up an administrative bureaucracy and expand DEI initiatives...
You sure did. Not incompatible with anything I said, are you looking to argue anyway? Did you read up on what “race card” means?

Wait, you mean saying people keep assuming every minority is unqualified because DEI? You think that’s not happening? Lol
You have to admit that DEI doesn't really help the case for being taken seriously. Look at Kamala. Look at the SCOTUS diversity hire.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
You sure did. Not incompatible with anything I said, are you looking to argue anyway? Did you read up on what “race card” means?

Just wondering why you were so vocal about a broke district eliminating SROs but not a peep about using those savings to fatten the bureaucracy/expand DEI...

VN Store

Back