Chinese spy balloon hovering over Montana

There were quite a few posters, in this very thread, that were just sure we were jamming that thing the entire time.

Whoops.
I was one of them. I’m sure they can jam it so it’s pretty wild to hear they didn’t keep it jammed the full time. Sheer incompetence not to I think.

As long as Mark "woke ass" Milley is in charge of the military, we don't have a thing to worry about.
It’s a complete counter intelligence failure to have so much warning it was coming, not shoot it down immediately upon entering US airspace, and then not keeping it completely jammed the whole time it flew across the continent after the prior failures. Absolute clown show

Reactions: EasternVol
I was one of them. I’m sure they can jam it so it’s pretty wild to hear they didn’t keep it jammed the full time. Sheer incompetence not to I think.
Yes, ND40. You definitely have egg on your face on this one. How could you have possibly thought that there was a competent official in the Biden Administration?

It’s a complete counter intelligence failure to have so much warning it was coming, not shoot it down immediately upon entering US airspace, and then not keeping it completely jammed the whole time it flew across the continent after the prior failures. Absolute clown show

They wouldn’t have gotten paid if they shot it Down too early.

They wouldn’t have gotten paid if they shot it Down too early.
I’d love to have been a fly on the wall during the mission planning for all the RC platform groups that could have jammed it. I’ll bet they were losing their damn minds that they weren’t flying 24/7 and keeping it locked down.

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall during the mission planning for all the RC platform groups that could have jammed it. I’ll bet they were losing their damn minds that they weren’t flying 24/7 and keeping it locked down.
I bet it was quite in there, can’t risk questioning the dear leader or his flag rank minions.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
I bet it was quite in there, can’t risk questioning the dear leader or his flag rank minions.
Oh I doubt that at O4 and down that actually does the heavy lifting day to day. We just need to be patient and see what leaks out as I guess there will be info coming out via “unapproved channels” 😂

Trump has zero respect on the world stage for all his mean tweets. People were wary of his mental stability but that’s different than respect.

Well, Putin stayed on his side of the border when Trump was in office. How's that working for poo britches?

Trump played the game of FAFO very nicely on the world stage.

I would have been of a similar opinion. Certainly with respect to capacity to jam.

I think I either read/heard a quote that we did not believe it was transmitting back in real time?

Are they effin serious? We didn’t think the Chinese were sending data up?

Were we operating under the assumption that the Chinese were going to land this thing and “recover the film”? It’s comical.

“China was able to control the balloon so it could make multiple passes over some of the sites (at times flying figure eight formations) and transmit the information it collected back to Beijing in real time, the three officials said.”
I don't know if I am buying any of this. However, we are given a clue as to who we can narrow this anonymous source down to...

On Monday, a Defense Department spokesperson reiterated that any intelligence collected had "limited additive value" for China and said she could not confirm that the balloon had transmitted any information back to China in "real time."

I would have been of a similar opinion. Certainly with respect to capacity to jam.

I think I either read/heard a quote that we did not believe it was transmitting back in real time?

Are they effin serious? We didn’t think the Chinese were sending data up?

Were we operating under the assumption that the Chinese were going to land this thing and “recover the film”? It’s comical.

They released that claim immediately after being caught red handed letting this thing do a flyover.

In hindsight, it’s impossible to believe Biden isn’t compromised by China which is why he allowed it to happen.

If its been mentioned then my mistake, but was there ever any word about what the other objects were? I remember at least one not sounding like a balloon. It was the size of a car and moved against the wind, I think. A drone maybe?

In before aliens are mentioned.

VN Store

Back