Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I am troubled to admit tha I was disappointed by this BHK. It was very light in the beginning and strong in the end. Perfectly formed and great in its smoke but the flavors were not to my liking. Really hoping for something more for the rest of the box. Will let them rest for a bit.
IMG_2473.jpeg

meanwhile today I had one of these which has a very smooth tasty middle third.
IMG_2480.jpeg

I like all the Brick House selections I’ve tried, favorite is probably the dbl Connecticut with its baking spice flavorings and lots of smoke.
I would have said chocolate regarding the serie G but cocoa is probably more accurate. I like it.
I honestly can’t pick up on all the different tastes, just know what I like when I have it.
I will say I’m enjoying the Serie O I’m having now hoping to catch some meteor shower action!
Same here. I can't identify what I'm tasting. I just know if I like it or not.

I finished my chores early as planned so I could try this CAO Flathead 660. It’s big and powerful, good but not great. The finish was enjoyable. Probably a better selection for a cool night watching a game instead of a warm sunny day poolside.

Attachments

• IMG_7146.jpeg
    IMG_7146.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 11
The Oliva deal of which I availed myself awhile back was four “greatest hits” five packs comprised of a series G toro and four robustos - series O, series O maduro, Master Blends 3, and a Connecticut. Each cigar has a 90+ rating.

I’ve yet to try the G, as it’s been too hot for me to spend the time on my porch to enjoy a toro. I have smoked all four of the Os and one each of the O maduro and MB3. Perhaps, it is because the weather has been milder when I smoked these that I’ve enjoyed them more, or it could be that I favor the maduro wrapper over the habano.

As I write this, I’m smoking my second MB3. I’ve read that each Master Blend is a different cigar. The 3 is to my liking. A smooth medium to full flavor with that hint of coco many maduros have.

The Oliva deal of which I availed myself awhile back was four “greatest hits” five packs comprised of a series G toro and four robustos - series O, series O maduro, Master Blends 3, and a Connecticut. Each cigar has a 90+ rating.

I’ve yet to try the G, as it’s been too hot for me to spend the time on my porch to enjoy a toro. I have smoked all four of the Os and one each of the O maduro and MB3. Perhaps, it is because the weather has been milder when I smoked these that I’ve enjoyed them more, or it could be that I favor the maduro wrapper over the habano.

As I write this, I’m smoking my second MB3. I’ve read that each Master Blend is a different cigar. The 3 is to my liking. A smooth medium to full flavor with that hint of coco many maduros have.

The MB3 was meant to be Oliva's apogee cigar and at one time was. It is still a fantastic, though rarely covered cigar, likely because Oliva puts most of its marketing weight behind its replacement, the Melanio. You can get deals at times for these at $3 a stick, which is near criminal. If you are a medium chocolate lover, it is hard to beat for the price.

Fuentes are always smooth. Overpriced but smooth - and tasty. The VSGs are really nice.
This one is not too pricey, 7 bucks at the shop I frequent. My self imposed limit is $10 although I generally stay well below that. There are plenty of good sticks for $8 and below.
I think it was my go to back then because it was less than 5 dollars at the time! Maybe less than 4. Lol

Reactions: loggervol and txbo
This one is not too pricey, 7 bucks at the shop I frequent. My self imposed limit is $10 although I generally stay well below that. There are plenty of good sticks for $8 and below.
I think it was my go to back then because it was less than 5 dollars at the time! Maybe less than 4. Lol
I don't have the pricing discipline you have, but I agree. There are many quality cigars that aren't expensive.

Sorry, I was having a "wizard" moment - thinking about Ashtons, not Fuentes. The Fuentes can usually be gotten for something reasonable. They dont discount much from retail but they are not sky high like Ashtons are usually.

Sorry, I was having a "wizard" moment - thinking about Ashtons, not Fuentes. The Fuentes can usually be gotten for something reasonable. They dont discount much from retail but they are not sky high like Ashtons are usually.
Aren’t some Ashtons produced by Arturo Fuente?

Reactions: loggervol

VN Store

Back