Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I’ll post a pic when I get back home, but I’ll have a five count variety that I’ll be willing to sell, and maybe a 3-count tin, but I might keep that for myself.

Edit: The most expensive single cigar was $27 after tax, the tin was $83 after tax.

Reactions: txbo and loggervol
I’ll post a pic when I get back home, but I’ll have a five count variety that I’ll be willing to sell, and maybe a 3-count tin, but I might keep that for myself.

Edit: The most expensive single cigar was $27 after tax, the tin was $83 after tax.
Five count variety of OpusX?

Reactions: loggervol
But I also am starting to think that I need to try one of these before I decide to sell any of them. Are they THAT good? 😃
Please, take the time to settle your mind. Your offer of five OpusX for $120 is generous. I’ll take it if/when you’ve set your mind to it.

Beautiful haul on the Opus X.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best temp and humidity for a cigar cooler when storing Cubans and non-Cubans? Normally I store Cubans at 65% and others, especially in wood boxes at 72%.

I had some room in one though and I’m storing them together @ 60 degrees and 67%. Any ideas?

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

I know the humidity is not good for the Cubans (though with lower temps, the mold is not an issue), since they tend to like to smoke a little drier. Any thoughts, you math and atmosphere guys?

Does anyone have an opinion on the best temp and humidity for a cigar cooler when storing Cubans and non-Cubans? Normally I store Cubans at 65% and others, especially in wood boxes at 72%.

I had some room in one though and I’m storing them together @ 60 degrees and 67%. Any ideas?

View attachment 571147

View attachment 571148

I know the humidity is not good for the Cubans (though with lower temps, the mold is not an issue), since they tend to like to smoke a little drier. Any thoughts, you math and atmosphere guys?
Moment of Silence for the Holy Grail of Stogey-ville. :cool:

View attachment 571147

View attachment 571148

Where did you get that humidor from?

I definately need an upgrade on mine eventually.

View attachment 571147

View attachment 571148

IMG_0531.gif

Reactions: malinoisvol

View attachment 571147

View attachment 571148

I store my Cubans at 70 degrees and 65% humidity. Between 60% and 72% humidity is really a preference though. Cubans are rolled so tight that I find them a labor to get a decent draw at 70%. At 65% they're a joy.

View attachment 571147

View attachment 571148

Just one more FYI..... Cigars have a harder time holding humidity the colder they are stored. I think you'll get a better result at closer to 70 degrees.

Nice humidor BTW.

I store my Cubans at 70 degrees and 65% humidity. Between 60% and 72% humidity is really a preference though. Cubans are rolled so tight that I find them a labor to get a decent draw at 70%. At 65% they're a joy.

I know its a preference. I have definitely noted some taste difference when storing cubans in higher humidity. I havent noticed a draw issue though - probably because I typically do a straight cut instead of a punch or V.

The rest of you guys - @txbo and I are discussing the finer merits of the articles, while you guys are drooling over the pictures. I see much has not changed since college :p

And these cigar coolers are not that expensive ~$300 for that one I think. But one thing is that they do have far better seals on them than any wooden box. But I have a good number of box humidors too with boveda packets in them.

MY ultimate dream, when we are building the new house is a walk in just off my office.

Portable Walk-In Humidor

These guys are special - Display Case & Walk In Humidors | Newsham's Woodshop Inc.

This can show how to build your own out of a closet.
Tobacconist University: Building A Walk-In Humidor

I know its a preference. I have definitely noted some taste difference when storing cubans in higher humidity. I havent noticed a draw issue though - probably because I typically do a straight cut instead of a punch or V.

The rest of you guys - @txbo and I are discussing the finer merits of the articles, while you guys are drooling over the pictures. I see much has not changed since college :p

And these cigar coolers are not that expensive ~$300 for that one I think. But one thing is that they do have far better seals on them than any wooden box. But I have a good number of box humidors too with boveda packets in them.

MY ultimate dream, when we are building the new house is a walk in just off my office.

Portable Walk-In Humidor

These guys are special - Display Case & Walk In Humidors | Newsham's Woodshop Inc.

I've considered turning my wine room into a humidor but in the end my Daniel Marshalls with a few Bovedas are so darn maitenence free...and enjoyable to look at.

Cool story bro.....
Last week I had a box of cigars delivered to my office. I called my wife to pick them up and put them in a humidor.

Wife- "You don't need any more cigars. Your humidors are all full".

Me- "What I just heard you say was 'Txbo' you need to order another humidor'".

I've considered turning my wine room into a humidor but in the end my Daniel Marshalls with a few Bovedas are so darn maitenence free...and enjoyable to look at.

Cool story bro.....
Last week I had a box of cigars delivered to my office. I called my wife to pick them up and put them in a humidor.

LolIMG_0533.gif

I can just imagine that convo went something like this

Portable Walk-In Humidor

Where did you get the cooler/humidor? That’s (300$) not bad at all.

Reactions: Jonesey

Cool story bro.....

The Daniel Marshalls and Elie Bleus are beautiful but overpriced furniture - definitely collectables in their own right IMO.

And of course thats what you heard. What else could she have meant, after all? Fortunately, if Mrs Gandalf heard that, she would be busy thinking to get me one for a bday or Christmas.

Where did you get the cooler/humidor? That’s (300$) not bad at all.

Believe it or not, your humble Walmart has a great selection (shipping of course) Humidors at Walmart

Reactions: txbo and loggervol
The Daniel Marshalls and Elie Bleus are beautiful but overpriced furniture - definitely collectables in their own right IMO.

And of course thats what you heard. What else could she have meant, after all? Fortunately, if Mrs Gandalf heard that, she would be busy thinking to get me one for a bday or Christmas.

Believe it or not, your humble Walmart has a great selection (shipping of course) Humidors at Walmart

I guess overpriced is relative. I have an appreciation for fine cratfsmanship.

I can appreciate the Elie Bleu craftmanship but I've never seen one that really appealed to my taste. Maybe I'm just lacking the right amount of class. LOL

VN Store

Back