Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandalf
To me, the Montecristo Inspirado isn’t special. It’s an enjoyable enough blonde Connie to make the fourth five-pack in my recent purchase (the 4 5-packs for $69 that Thompson ran for 2 days with limited selection).

Reactions: loggervol
To me, the Montecristo Inspirado isn’t special. It’s an enjoyable enough blonde Connie to make the fourth five-pack in my recent purchase (the 4 5-packs for $69 that Thompson ran for 2 days with limited selection).

Agreed that there are many better Connys. Camacho sting, Oliva, Cohiba, perdomos, and of course "King of the grass" Romeo and Julietas and Macnudo gold label are all much better imo.

Drew estate conny shade is really tasty. Not at all grassy.

And that of course doesnt mention more premium sticks like Ashtons and Davidoffs

Agreed that there are many better Connys. Camacho sting, Oliva, Cohiba, perdomos, and of course "King of the grass" Romeo and Julietas and Macnudo gold label are all much better imo.

Drew estate conny shade is really tasty. Not at all grassy.

And that of course doesnt mention more premium sticks like Ashtons and Davidoffs
“King of the grass” - love that phrase.

I will look for the Drew estate conny shade.

A fun review of it Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Robusto | Cigar Review

Note it indicates best sizes and also, he really likes heavy hitter sticks so note the flavor profile though.
I’ve not seen My Father among online 5-pack sales, and I cannot remember AJ Fernandez being among them. Back when I was bringing home a paycheck, I sampled My Fathers and enjoyed them. Drew Estates may be my best bet. Thanks for the tip and the link to the humorously informative review. 👍🏼

Reactions: loggervol
As a newbie, should there be a different cigar for a victory on Saturday versus not?

As a newbie, should there be a different cigar for a victory on Saturday versus not?

The Ashton ESG is pricey but definitely a great celebration cigar. I would also say the Don Carlos AF gran Reserva, pricey but good. The plasencia Alma Fuente. And, a Liga or a padron or a MF Le Bijou, also a EP Carillo Prestige.

Or whatever you like the most.

I would say a Opus X but that would be a championship cigar.

The weather this fine Sunday afternoon is more like Sept. 29 than Oct. 29. I’m on my screened porch with a glass of iced tea & lemon fizzy water. Narry a powered tool within earshot, just a hawk crying overhead. Time for one of these.
IMG_1743.jpeg

VN Store

Back