Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

View attachment 591875
@Gandalf, the only Drew Estates connie that I’ve found was this Gordito. Given that the high temp today is in the 50s with winds coming later, now is the time to light this. Accompanying it is some Tennessee sipping whiskey, neat. Ah, tis good to be retired.

That’s a fatty and a tasty one. Tough day to have it though, as frigid as it was. I like Connie’s in warm sunshine but still, never a bad day for a good cigar. Today I would have had a Oliva V and an Irish coffee.

Anyone familiar with the phrase, “Cuban sandwich?”

I heard this applied to cigars with short to medium cut filler.

Reactions: loggervol
Anyone familiar with the phrase, “Cuban sandwich?”

I heard this applied to cigars with short to medium cut filler.

just means it is a mix of fillers - not all long filler as in premium cigars. The short stuff is chop that makes up the cheaper stuff while the longer a filler is, meaning less chopped up leaves, the better the cigar holds up and generally better quality. Short filler ashes drop off immediately.

The reason for the sandwich is to use the longer leafs to wrap the shorter (cheaper) ones. Makes it hold up better and people think it is higher quality cigar than it really is.

Here is someone rolling it

https://fb.watch/o7TNOZlaPL/

Even Arturo Fuente has three cigars among their offerings that mix in the short & medium cut filler - Cazadores, Conquistadors, and (I cannot recall).

Even Arturo Fuente has three cigars among their offerings that mix in the short & medium cut filler - Cazadores, Conquistadors, and (I cannot recall).

There can still be some good leaves - eg if you only use 2/3rds of a high end leaf, the clippings from it, though short are still good stuff. BUT they are not able to burn long and consistent with a certain flavor like a longer leaf will.

Just means you can get a medium quality cigar for cheaper.

Previously, I’ve stated that if limited to one cigar for the remainder of my days, it would be a Chateau Fuente natural. Honestly, I’m tempted to change to a Don Carlos reserva. 😉

Today’s bike ride merits some creature comforts afterwards.
View attachment 594193
Try the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon too. Very good cameroon stick too and the La Aurora Cameroon isn't bad either and cheap only about $6 bucks if that. I'm growing very fond of La Aurora lately with this economy and inflation. lol La Aurora has some very good cigars at very good prices like their 107 Dominican and 115th anniversary and even the 107 Nicaruguan isn't bad either.

Try the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon too. Very good cameroon stick too and the La Aurora Cameroon isn't bad either and cheap only about $6 bucks if that. I'm growing very fond of La Aurora lately with this economy and inflation. lol La Aurora has some very good cigars at very good prices like their 107 Dominican and 115th anniversary and even the 107 Nicaruguan isn't bad either.

The ones I have had have always been pretty good and the preferido toros as reasonably priced (tubos are overpriced). I will say the diamond is definitely "full strength". Have something sweet nearby. Absolutely delicious but not on an empty stomach.

Added a Mac Cafe Hyde Park to the unused pile of victory cigars. Joins a Padron 3000 (Florida) and 7000 Maduro (Alabama) that I was really looking forward to. They won't be wasted, but they're so much better after a win.

VN Store

Back