Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Anybody smoke the green cigars? I think they’re called “candela”. I see them at the shop with the AF 858s. Not sure who else produces them.

I kinda remember having one. AF makes one, LFD and Illusione. Used to be all the rage long ago. If memory serves it was grassy and kinda piney. was probably the AF.

Not really my cup of tea - oh, they can have that flavor too I think. I do like grassy at times and then its the R&J. I will say the Macanudo cafe is a great grassy stick and its probably almost as mild like a candela.

When the weather cools in Fall and winter, I like to smoke maduros. Gimme that hint of cocoa! In the hotter months of summer, I tend towards connies and camaroons, though this past summer, I did try some corojos, Sumatrans, and maduros. It was Gandalf’s influence. 😁

I am happy to have brought you to the DARK SIDE!!! 😁

The AF reserva xtra viejo starts off smooth and mild. In the second third, the flavors come through - wood, leather, coffee, and cocoa with a hint of the cognac barrel the in which the wrapper was aged.

Edit: I note some imperfections in the wrapper. It adhered to the cigar until about halfway through before a small crack appeared. This has not affected my enjoyment of this cigar.

I elected to purchase Thompson’s All I Want For Christmas Megahaul - 30 premium cigars for $120 (add a $12 discount and that’s $108). The description said that it included 5 RP Decade Robustos). Rather than pay for shipping, I added an AF Rothschild maduro 5-pack. Upon receipt, I find that the order included 5 RP Royales instead. So, on a still morning at a sunny 40 degrees, I’ve fired up one of these long RPs with my second cup of coffee. It’s not a bad cigar, just a bit more than I was hoping for…

VN Store

Back