Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Looks good but what was it. Lol
Not sure how to completely answer this. I overheard a guy at work the other day telling another guy "I brought you a cigar, a Cuban" so of course it caught my attention. He had recently been to Cuba (I'm not sure of the nature of his trip) and he went on some kind of tour where they were talking all about cigars, how they're made, different tobacco blends, etc. and they were able to purchase some. He said what he brought back were basically unbanded Cohibas. I got one and took him a Fuente Fuente Rare Pink in trade.

Not sure how to completely answer this. I overheard a guy at work the other day telling another guy "I brought you a cigar, a Cuban" so of course it caught my attention. He had recently been to Cuba (I'm not sure of the nature of his trip) and he went on some kind of tour where they were talking all about cigars, how they're made, different tobacco blends, etc. and they were able to purchase some. He said what he brought back were basically unbanded Cohibas. I got one and took him a Fuente Fuente Rare Pink in trade.
Very interesting.

Reactions: feathersax
Very interesting.
I'll try to get some more details when we're back at work on Monday. As for the cigar itself, not a lot of smoke, but very mild/mellow on the taste, nice even burn throughout, gave off some almond vibes while I was also sipping my coffee.

Reactions: txbo
@malinoisvol, what’s up. Smoking anything good lately? I’ve been meaning to drop by the pit but between the weather and work, I haven’t made it.

Been fighting this respiratory illness for about 10 days now. On the mend so no smoking as of late.

How have you been?
Busy except for the 2 weeks we were snowed in. I have no idea where you live but I have a job going on in Corryton right now. I’ve got 2 jobs going on but we’re trying to get the Corryton job done while my other job is drying out.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Light that bad boy up. This was a worthy win to enjoy one of those (though you may not be sleeping much if you do it tonight 😄)
Lol. You call that right. Not wanting to jinx it, I lit up a My Father with some Black Jack at half time. Fell asleep shortly after the game.

Reactions: malinoisvol

Reactions: Tin Man

Last edited:
Trying this out on the advice of a certain well known Wizard. Great cigar so far. Peppery spice to start, really burns the nostrils on retrohale. Settling into chocolate goodness wrapping up the first 3rd. Perfect burn, easy draw, lots of smoke. Great aroma. Certainly full bodied. Highly recommend this.
Cohiba Black. 5 pack 39.99 at CP.
IMG_8509.jpeg

VN Store

Back