Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Just a beautiful day to watch the sunset. This Maximus is pretty good. Impeccable construction, got a near 3 inch pure white ash. Flavors are rich cordovan leather, deeply aged tobacco, chocolate is there but not prominent. Some various spices, some transitions. Draw was tight and smoke just ok. Overall a very good cigar. Not a Padron 1964 but very good. Worth it if you can get a decent price.
IMG_3344.jpeg
IMG_3345.jpeg

Just a beautiful day to watch the sunset. This Maximus is pretty good. Impeccable construction, got a near 3 inch pure white ash. Flavors are rich cordovan leather, deeply aged tobacco, chocolate is there but not prominent. Some various spices, some transitions. Overall a very good cigar. Not a Padron 1964 but very good. Worth it if you can get a decent price.
View attachment 615142
View attachment 615143
There’s a lot of good stuff going on in those pictures!!! Liking that sunset as well!

@txbo What did you think of the JD10? Know you drink top shelf and I have seen a lot of good reviews for it.
I really enjoyed it. This was the first time I had it. Has a bit of a bite for a finish.... which I really like.

I do like the good stuff but I also enjoy a lot of stuff that's very common. Old #7 is my choice for any Vol gameday... That or Miller High Life.

@txbo What did you think of the JD10? Know you drink top shelf and I have seen a lot of good reviews for it.
Also, if you haven't tried the Jack Daniels Single Barrel, it's a real value at about $50. It's mostly pretty smooth but has a nice burn at the end.

Reactions: Gandalf
Just a beautiful day to watch the sunset. This Maximus is pretty good. Impeccable construction, got a near 3 inch pure white ash. Flavors are rich cordovan leather, deeply aged tobacco, chocolate is there but not prominent. Some various spices, some transitions. Draw was tight and smoke just ok. Overall a very good cigar. Not a Padron 1964 but very good. Worth it if you can get a decent price.
View attachment 615142
View attachment 615143
Great view.

I really enjoyed it. This was the first time I had it. Has a bit of a bite for a finish.... which I really like.

I do like the good stuff but I also enjoy a lot of stuff that's very common. Old #7 is my choice for any Vol gameday... That or Miller High Life.

I used to get anything pretty easy in NYC but now I see it is more difficult down here. JD is popular because its pretty tasty for the price, especially as a mixed drink. I have a big bottle of the Gentlemen Jack and like it quite a bit when i want to get away from the heat.

Also, if you haven't tried the Jack Daniels Single Barrel, it's a real value at about $50. It's mostly pretty smooth but has a nice burn at the end.

I love that JD is experimenting with single barrel and specific aging. I cannot imagine the compleity of making huge quantities of #7 and blending to taste the same but its nice to see them put their expertise to higher quality stuff. The great thing about American whiskeys is that we are able to create flavors much faster than say, Scotland, just because of the environment changing between seasons so much differently. Its good so that people can get that smoother more flavorful product but at a more reasonable cost, since it took 1/3 as long to make it.

Great view.

Nothing beats a beautiful sunset with a select stick burning in the hand, a luxurious libation on one side of you and your lovely lady on the other, whilst the sounds of your progeny with his friends echoes softly across the distance.

I’m a big fan of the New World Oscuro, this is a Dorado. Not disappointed. Nicely box pressed and impressive looking. Thought I tasted vanilla on the cold draw. First third was fruity. Center third, taste changing to coffee ish. Burn and draw is perfect. Full bodied and lots of smoke.
IMG_8400.jpeg

I’m a big fan of the New World Oscuro, this is a Dorado. Not disappointed. Nicely box pressed and impressive looking. Thought I tasted vanilla on the cold draw. First third was fruity. Center third, taste changing to coffee ish. Burn and draw is perfect. Full bodied and lots of smoke.
View attachment 615609
I liked that cigar. It was like a salty caramel.

VN Store

Back