Clarence Thomas in Hot Water (Alito too!)

Was there any connection established between the contribution and the case? Seems hard to prove, but I’m just asking out of curiosity.

Edit: If I give to National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, it doesn’t mean I have an interest in all of their amicus briefs. But I might someday give specifically to support a certain brief.
Just saw your edit, and that is true, however are you also giving extremely expensive vacations and sweet real estate deals to judges hearing NACDL cases? In crow's case, even if you don't have a specific interest in a particular case, you obviously support that organization's overall agenda and if you're providing an extremely lucrative gift for a judge hearing those cases, it creates an appearance of impropriety and only 9 federal judges don't have a rule against that. I don't think Thomas is the big story here, I think the big story is that the Supreme Court is bound by no ethics code and basically above the law.

It is completely unacceptable. IDGAF about his race or ideology. I find it odd that you are defending this behavior.

I find it odd that Joe Biden is supposed to be the hope for the continuation of the black race when his racist behavior towards a black supreme court justice along with his BFF'ness of a known racist and grand wizard of the KKK Robert Byrd. Rich. Spare me please.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
I find it odd that Joe Biden is supposed to be the hope for the continuation of the black race when his racist behavior towards a black supreme court justice along with his BFF'ness of a known racist and grand wizard of the KKK Robert Byrd. Rich. Spare me please.

How does Biden impact whether Thomas's acceptance of these gifts was right or wrong?

Thomas is the poorest of judges and longest tenured of them (if not, he’s very close to longest).

Do you believe everyone else on the court got their money through legitimate means?

Also where do you draw the line between friendship and “accepting gifts”? Have you ever went on a boat ride with a friend or stayed in their vacation home? I know I have.

You forgot to answer the question are you a black conservative? If you answered yes then you will be put with the hardest of criminals of our society the Insurrectionists of January 6.

Yes, the institution that should have the tightest ethical code has virtually no ethical code. We've got Supremes who live the high life
and think they're above the law. Chief Justice Roberts has been a failure as the court's leader as he could probably reign in Thomas and others but apparently chooses to do little even as the Justices have complained about the criticism they've received in recent years--all of it well deserved. Roberts recently refused to go along with a Congressional effort to get SCOTUS to adopt a more serious ethical code.

Forget disclosure: SCOTUS justices should not be accepting ANY gifts, trips or favors from anybody--period. As for Thomas, he's always been a lightweight and a grifter--a total embarrassment. Alito was another unethical conservative justice--went on scores of trips and actually died had a swanky hunting lodge somewhere. The court has lost its way over the last decade as it has become increasingly politicized. And let's add that Citizens United was a disgraceful decision that has done serious damage to the country.

How does Biden impact whether Thomas's acceptance of these gifts was right or wrong?

The only reason this is brought up is because for years he has flipped the bird to elites because they absolutely despise him for no other reason than he's conservative. I could care less. You know what I do care about? China! And Eric (fartopotomus) Swalwell and his ties to a communist spy. That has way more bad implications on this country than weather or not someone got a vacation paid for. Stop grasping. Justice Thomas will step down on his terms and there is nothing that you on the left can do to change that. What's also refreshing is how much it triggers you.

I also find it much more problematic that a supreme court justice (Brown) can't define what a woman is. But not as much as her attempt to normalize Pedos.

The only reason this is brought up is because for years he has flipped the bird to elites because they absolutely despise him for no other reason than he's conservative. I could care less. You know what I do care about? China! And Eric (fartopotomus) Swalwell and his ties to a communist spy. That has way more bad implications on this country than weather or not someone got a vacation paid for. Stop grasping. Justice Thomas will step down on his terms and there is nothing that you on the left can do to change that. What's also refreshing is how much it triggers you.

I also find it much more problematic that a supreme court justice (Brown) can't define what a woman is. But not as much as her attempt to normalize Pedos.
I can think all of those things are problems and still think Clarence Thomas shouldn't be accepting the things he accepted while sitting as a justice on the Supreme Court.

Yes, the institution that should have the tightest ethical code has virtually no ethical code. We've got Supremes who live the high life
and think they're above the law. Chief Justice Roberts has been a failure as the court's leader as he could probably reign in Thomas and others but apparently chooses to do little even as the Justices have complained about the criticism they've received in recent years--all of it well deserved. Roberts recently refused to go along with a Congressional effort to get SCOTUS to adopt a more serious ethical code.

Forget disclosure: SCOTUS justices should not be accepting ANY gifts, trips or favors from anybody--period. As for Thomas, he's always been a lightweight and a grifter--a total embarrassment. Alito was another unethical conservative justice--went on scores of trips and actually died had a swanky hunting lodge somewhere. The court has lost its way over the last decade as it has become increasingly politicized. And let's add that Citizens United was a disgraceful decision that has done serious damage to the country.

How about that we do agree on something. John Roberts has been a failure. He is a two faced liar just like the President who nominated him. I would have handled the Chief Justice appointment like a Boss and made Justice Thomas Chief Justice. And told John Roberts to pound sand.

That doesn't mean his acceptance of these gifts is appropriate.

Ok. It also doesn't mean that you can remove him because he is not objective or your translation that you disagree with him being there.

4 Life! And the best thing is that's exactly Justice Thomas' view as well. He is appointed for life and there is nothing the left can do about it.

I think that's what will happen. I think what should happen is that the Supreme Court judges should be subject to the same ethics rules as every other judge in the country.

But you are perfectly ok with the fact that Paul Pelosi is the smartest person ever who loaded up on just the right stocks every single time? Bahaha

I don't know anything about Clarence Thomas's children.

Nice deflection. Let's just say that they're not in Ukrainian gas, not unceremoniously thrown out of the military, not crack addicts with propensity to prostitutes, and not sleeping with their dead older brothers widow.

Nice deflection. Let's just say that they're not in Ukrainian gas, not unceremoniously thrown out of the military, not crack addicts with propensity to prostitutes, and not sleeping with their dead older brothers widow.

Oh so this is a "hunter biden did a thing, so anything anybody else does is acceptable" argument?

Edit: do you have any actual thoughts on the topic at hand? I'll go ahead and address your non sequitur... if hunter biden did those things he should be appropriately condmned/punished.

VN Store

Back