Clarence Thomas in Hot Water (Alito too!)

He has the appearance of being compromised. It is not good.

There is no way to remove him because of the spineless wimps in Congress.

Just to be clear you believe he’s likely the one who has ever rode on a friends boat or stayed at a friends home?

Or do you think we should remove all 9?

You need a higher standard than corruption to ruin the career of a Supreme Court justice? Seriously? (I assume you'd say the same of Trump.) What's your standard--a mass shooting by Thomas?

This is the highest court in America. The justices are expected to have ethical standards but the conservatives clearly don't. Scalia was much the same. Justices shouldn't be speaking at political events--but the conservatives do it. I've not read of similar behavior by the progressives on SCOTUS, and if they do they should be called out, too. You don't go on expensive junkets with political activists and corporate executives if you're a judge. This isn't rocket science--but apparently it is for some people. This is a man whose wife is a wacky extremist and who helped organize the Jan. 6 insurrection and Thomas did not recuse himself from a case related to the riot. He's a fraud.

Clarence Thomas has always been a joke. Besides being corrupt, he's the biggest lightweight in the history of the court. He should never have been nominated in the first place. He went 10 years--10 years--without asking a question during oral arguments before the court. He's just a water carrier for conservative issues and always been---has never shown any independent judgment. Most Supremes do in fact show independent judgment on some cases--they do not follow their judicial leanings (progressive, conservative) on every case. That's not the case with Thomas.

Well, that was objective and free of bias, hyperbole, or invective.
The "extremist who helped organize an insurrection" that didn't occur, is a tell.

He has the appearance of being compromised. It is not good.

There is no way to remove him because of the spineless wimps in Congress.

So you want him removed without any evidence of him being compromised? Show some evidence of him being compromised, ruling in favor of this guy on cases or Thomas using his influence or position to help him and I'll agree with you. Otherwise this has all the appearance of another hit job, Thomas needs to be very careful over the next year and a half.

Reactions: tbwhhs and NCFisher
BKs net worth is estimated at just a little over $1 mil. Right at what Thomas' is. IDK where CW got his number.

I just chose the first website that popped on justices net worth. I would guess your number is much closer to accurate. Can't trust anything on the web. Thomas is pretty bad with money to have his salary for as long as he has without a much higher net worth.

Just to be clear you believe he’s likely the one who has ever rode on a friends boat or stayed at a friends home?

No, just those not picked by Obama and Biden because they so corrupt and Democrats just want to protect our democracy (which doesn't exist) and won't use hate speech like 'woman'.

Even if they are one.

I just chose the first website that popped on justices net worth. I would guess your number is much closer to accurate. Can't trust anything on the web. Thomas is pretty bad with money to have his salary for as long as he has without a much higher net worth.

I agree with that.

I can't say Thomas did anything wrong but he could have been more mindful of his station in life. it might have been better had he just set on the porch and drank bourbon with his friends instead of shining this unwelcome light on the court.

I can't say Thomas did anything wrong but he could have been more mindful of his station in life. it might have been better had he just set on the porch and drank bourbon with his friends instead of shining this unwelcome light on the court.

WTH are you talking about?

That sounds boring AF!

Reactions: 85SugarVol

You guys would be calling the bourbon a gift and demanding he pay taxes on it.

It is a little more than that and you know it. Remove anyone accepting extravagant gifts. Any gift with a value of over $1,000.00 should be rejected.

I’m surprised he didn’t say Thomas should be on the porch serving the bourbon in a white butler outfit.

With all your stories about the corrupt legal system and you refuse to reject this is telling. You get what you are willing to accept.

It is a little more than that and you know it. Remove anyone accepting extravagant gifts. Any gift with a value of over $1,000.00 should be rejected.

Define gift? That’s the issue here. Is a ride in a friends boat truly a gift? What about staying at their home?

With all your stories about the corrupt legal system and you refuse to reject this is telling. You get what you are willing to accept.

My stories about the corrupt legal system?

I’m not rejecting the possibility that he is corrupt and that he should be removed, I just haven’t seen any evidence yet. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to investigate him and the other SCOTUS justices and remove any that have been compromised. But we know that won’t happen and why this is being brought up now.

This isn’t the smoking gun you think you have. People ride in boats and stay at the vacation homes of friends all the time. You’re going to have to do better. Then we will be with you. But this is Alvin Bragg level weak

What's the fuss? Clarence is just another paid for stoogie. Congress is flooded with them. "Cept on hoth the federal and state level judiciary now, more and more have Trumpitis. Nothing new or special about ole Clare.

I think it raises an ethical issue only if:

1) the guy had a case in front of the court, or stood to benefit directly from one;

2) the guy was able to benefit indirectly by Thomas telling how a ruling was going to come down, i.e. he bought or sold stock based on an upcoming ruling; or,

3) it broke an actual rule not to report it.

Have not seen anything on 1 or 2, yet. 3 seems to be the issue but that gets awfully technical and so will not judge him on that yet.

This isn’t the smoking gun you think you have. People ride in boats and stay at the vacation homes of friends all the time. You’re going to have to do better. Then we will be with you. But this is Alvin Bragg level weak

If it has a value of over $1000 it should be rejected. Easy.

Do you need any actual evidence to slander a man like that or is being black enough?

Oh, so you're the free speech police now. Funny, you ignore the fact I said government officials in general are bought people, to focus only on CT. This tells me once again you just like nitpick posts for means to detour the topic off into irrelevant areas.

VN Store

Back