Classic pictures that need no words.....

iu
I have a copy of the album with this cover in pristine condition.

This one needed a bunch of words for me. Google image search yield this:
Atop the Eiffel Tower, model Lisa Fonssagrives photographed by Erwin Blumenfeld. Paris Circa 1939. Apparently this appeared in Harper's Bazaar.

This one needed a bunch of words for me. Google image search yield this:
Atop the Eiffel Tower, model Lisa Fonssagrives photographed by Erwin Blumenfeld. Paris Circa 1939. Apparently this appeared in Harper's Bazaar.
She was the world’s first supermodel, in demand on both sides of the Atlantic. For the subject picture, she was aloft on the outside of the Eiffel Tower in that gown with no safety equipment.

That commercial was on once every half hour during daytime TV when I was a little chillren.
My uncle sung the jingle all the time. I don't remember the Frito Bandito commercials but I know that song.

*Atomic Motor Speedway made a good Frito bandito. They cut the side of a bag of fritos and fill it with chili, cheese, and onions. I don't know if it was the chili or the dirt flying around but those things were great.
Screenshot_20220906-205201_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
My uncle sung the jingle all the time. I don't remember the Frito Bandito commercials but I know that song.

*Atomic Motor Speedway made a good Frito bandito. They cut the side of a bag of fritos and fill it with chili, cheese, and onions. I don't know if it was the chili or the dirt flying around but those things were great.
View attachment 487408
clint-eastwood-gran-torino.gif

View attachment 487408
Sort of an early Petro’s?

View attachment 487408
I never got to visit Atomic. Did spend some time at 411 speedway. Loved drag car racing.

View attachment 487412
Hey did you ever go to the round track in Spring City in the 80's, I used to go there and there was a car that raced in the poor boy class and had "Possum trot run" spray painted
on the side of it, it was a black car, but so beat up I cannot remember what kind it was but we used to have such great times watching those races.

VN Store

Back