Clay Travis vs Erik Ainge

Erik should have just kept redirecting back to how classless Clay was being posting those pictures instead of getting into a war of words with him over something as irrelevant as his playing days.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, Clay didn't do anything wrong in the internet in this day and age. He didn't take the video, he didn't upload it, yes he spread it, but so did thousands of other people. That girls video and pictures were already online (and despite clay claiming, pictures never go away on the internet, not if you know how to look).

Both sides are being stupid in this. If the girls didn't want publicity they wouldn't have gone on the show, would have demanded or sued to have the video removed, and they wouldn't have gotten into a fight at a public event in the 24/7 news cycle age.

Yes, "being a dad" changes things, but guess what? All those little girls still grow up to have sex, some grow up to be whores, some get paid to be whores, and some, like this, act trashy for 15 minutes of fame on a 3rd rate radio show. Being a parent doesn't change that the girls chose this and could have it removed if they really wanted.

Reactions: 3 people
he's worse than that. he's a pervert who enjoyed a low-quality video where a girl's private parts were on display. claiming that he has the high ground because he didn't use her name is laughable. it's a distinction without a difference.

What private parts did you see? I saw a rear end and that's it. Erik and Clay go back, and if anybody needs the ratings it's Erik.

Erik should have just kept redirecting back to how classless Clay was being posting those pictures instead of getting into a war of words with him over something as irrelevant as his playing days.

Maybe so, but Clay knew he lost the moral battle so he attacked Erik's career like a teenager would. That was childish beyond his normal trolling.

And I like some of his articles. His articles about money and conference expansion before it happened were terrific. He'd have a good site without all the stupid stuff he does.

The girl deserves the pic being posted for acting like a drunken fool and starting a fight at a function that was raising money for the childrens hospital. Idk about the Ainge thing but ole girl got what she deserved.

Agree. He is a regular on Finebaum's show to incite the necks down there.

I haven't ever heard him on finebaum. He does go on the Jox of the Roundtable. (By the way for a UT fan trying to find a good local sports show this show is a great show.) This show isn't neck at all if anything they avoid letting get that way.

I haven't ever heard him on finebaum. He does go on the Jox of the Roundtable. (By the way for a UT fan trying to find a good local sports show this show is a great show.) This show isn't neck at all if anything they avoid letting get that way.

Only reason I know he goes on Finebaum's show is He has to replay it on 104.5 every time. He brags about stirring the pot. That's his thing. Everyone up in arms right now, including EA, is falling for his trap. He's probably sitting at his desk, on air reading this thread with a **** eating grin.

What private parts did you see? I saw a rear end and that's it. Erik and Clay go back, and if anybody needs the ratings it's Erik.

that's cool man. I didn't pause and rewind the video like you did apparently. thanks for the clarification.

Listen to the radio in something resembling a competitive media market you'd realize that, no, he's not good. He's a dime a dozen pretend shock jock trying poorly to be Paul Finebaum.

Clay Travis is an effing idiot. I'll never forget the time he did a few minutes on the Knoxville sports show and essentially said Manning to Titans was a done deal. Guy is a blowhard.

Clay was being a punk. He was dissing Knoxville, Ainge's sobriety, Ainge's playing days, and making it personal. Ainge offered to have him come on the show or be on Clay's show and CT ignored it.

Basically, CT was trying to be all internet tough guy, and Ainge was commenting that it was classless to have those pictures on the internet.

Ainge, at one time, replied that if CT kept up attacking his sobriety and family that a 3 hour drive wasn't a thing.

Personally, I would love to see Ainge beat the F out of that little prick. CT acting all tough on twitter, but there's no way he would have been saying anything to Ainge's face.

Reactions: 3 people
This was actually pretty smart on Ainge and JayBay's part...CT has tons of twitter followers and this spat gets a lot of exposure for them and their show. Also, it gets CT even more attention as well.

People may hate CT, but we are talking about him and you can't deny people visit his website and listen to his show from all over the country so he must be doing something right.

The thing I like most (and there are things that I can't stand about him) is that CT doesn't care what Erik Ainge or anyone else thinks about him. He is going to say what he thinks and is then going to challenge you to dispute what he is saying. I respect that even if I totally disagree with him or he annoys the crap out of me.

If you don't like people like CT the best thing to do is completely ignore them; don't talk about them or acknowledge their existence and they will eventually go away.

This was actually pretty smart on Ainge and JayBay's part...CT has tons of twitter followers and this spat gets a lot of exposure for them and their show. Also, it gets CT even more attention as well.

People may hate CT, but we are talking about him and you can't deny people visit his website and listen to his show from all over the country so he must be doing something right.

The thing I like most (and there are things that I can't stand about him) is that CT doesn't care what Erik Ainge or anyone else thinks about him. He is going to say what he thinks and is then going to challenge you to dispute what he is saying. I respect that even if I totally disagree with him or he annoys the crap out of me.

If you don't like people like CT the best thing to do is completely ignore them; don't talk about them or acknowledge their existence and they will eventually go away.

Not true, Ive had AllVol on ignore for like 3 years and I still see, "The message is hidden bc AllVol is on your ignore list."

That means he's still here. He's not going away.

Thanks but no one cares. He is one of the best, that's why he's on Dan Patrick, has a website with over 300K hits yesterday, and dominates the sports talk market here in Nashville.

He is good at what he does, just like James Franklin, whether you want to give him credit for it or not is inconsequential.
Yeah and Nickleback sells a lot of records. Nashville radio sucks.

The only thing correct in this post is the last paragraph. The rest is laughably ridiculous

VN Store

Back