Clay Travis vs Erik Ainge

The only thing correct in this post is the last paragraph. The rest is laughably ridiculous

If you agree with the last part, then can you please add some coding to the ignore button so it actually deletes the person off the face of the planet?

Here's my short list

WacoKid
AllVol123

Edit: James Franklin (the gay one not the QB)

That's it for now. I'll add more later

For the life of me I can't understand why 3HL is so popular. They spent most of the show yesterday discussing the girl fight on their show. People listen to this?

Reactions: 1 person
For the life of me I can't understand why 3HL is so popular. They spent most of the show yesterday discussing the girl fight on their show. People listen to this?

Gave it up last year. Thankfully I transferred to a job that does not require me to sit in Nashville traffic any longer. That show would infuriate me. Brent is a good guy. His Great Grandad hired Neyland at UT. Blaine is useless. Clay is an a** clown looking for attention. Reminds of a two year old who isn't getting enough attention so he acts up.

I think he is pretty funny, but it seems like he's a troll more than anything.

I don't classify trolls as people who are so genuinely unhappy with their lives that they have to try to make other people feel bad.

Trolls are funny. Clay Travis is just a dick.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he is pretty funny, but it seems like he's a troll more than anything.

I remember when he took a 1 hr slot on the station after drive time. The guy was a major UT homer. He would say and do anything to irritate the other SEC fan bases. I guess he figured out it was easier to pick on this fan base than any other. Changed his focus. People should realize what he is doing and IGNORE him.

Gave it up last year. Thankfully I transferred to a job that does not require me to sit in Nashville traffic any longer. That show would infuriate me. Brent is a good guy. His Great Grandad hired Neyland at UT. Blaine is useless. Clay is an a** clown looking for attention. Reminds of a two year old who isn't getting enough attention so he acts up.

That's why I don't get why he's popular, anytime he starts losing a debate, which is usually, he resorts to personal attacks which usually consist of some variation of "You're an idiot!'

He's a poor man's Jim Rome, who's usually dead wrong.

That's why I don't get why he's popular, anytime he starts losing a debate, which is usually, he resorts to personal attacks which usually consist of some variation of "You're an idiot!'

He's a poor man's Jim Rome, who's usually dead wrong.

Don't know if you live in this area. It has become chic to hate on UT now. There is a wide diversity of fans in this area. Granted there is a vast amount of Big Orange fans, but I sense there give a damn is busted.

BTW, when we start winning again those fans will jump back on the bandwagon.

that's cool man. I didn't pause and rewind the video like you did apparently. thanks for the clarification.

I didn't rewind anything...I looked at the picture on Clay's website (you know, the one that started the twitter battle between Clay and Erik, which led to the thread you are commenting in).

Feel free to report any that you think violate our rules. We take them down all the time.

Never had a problem with any on here, just saying Ainge overreacted to the photo in question...sure he has seen worse in his life. If it was another journalist I doubt he would have even said anything.

Don't know if you live in this area. It has become chic to hate on UT now. There is a wide diversity of fans in this area. Granted there is a vast amount of Big Orange fans, but I sense there give a damn is busted.

BTW, when we start winning again those fans will jump back on the bandwagon.

That's kind of what happens when a team or program becomes a laughingstock for a prolonged period of time. However, to a certain degree I don't understand why CT pisses UT fans off so much. A large part of why he was so disliked was that almost from day one he was pointing out what a joke Dooley was. As it turns out, almost everything he had been preaching for three years ended up being true, but people still act like he was just talking bad about UT. IMO he was one of the few who were willing to call a spade a spade when it came to the imbecile that was coaching UT.

Reactions: 3 people
That's kind of what happens when a team or program becomes a laughingstock for a prolonged period of time. However, to a certain degree I don't understand why CT pisses UT fans off so much. A large part of why he was so disliked was that almost from day one he was pointing out what a joke Dooley was. As it turns out, almost everything he had been preaching for three years ended up being true, but people still act like he was just talking bad about UT. IMO he was one of the few who were willing to call a spade a spade when it came to the imbecile that was coaching UT.

I guess it's his lack of professionalism that turns people off. Lets not act like he doesn't do anything but tell it like it is. He knows what buttons to push and is very good at it. With that being said, just don't listen would be my advice to those who hate him so.

I'm not a fan of Clay Travis, but I still like him more than Wes Rucker.

Well you have to remeber anyone who has a negative word against UT, even when they are correct, automaticaly hates us and is a loser according to most on here. Oh and heaven forbid you point out James Franklin is in fact doing a good job

I'm fairly successful, but I think Clay Travis is money. He has built an audience from scratch. He took the risk of building a (probably) fairly lucrative law career on touring all the SEC football stadiums and writing a book about it, and that could have gone horribly wrong. He translates that into a full time sports writing gig, and then translates that into a website / radio / media personality. My business does something absolutely vital for the world, but I think Clay has a pretty damn good gig.

Kudos to him. He's a talented writer (although not an important writer), and he's forged an audience from absolutely nothing all on his own. Plus, he does love the Vols.

PS - I think Ainge is building his media reputation. He's solid.

I'm fairly successful, but I think Clay Travis is money. He has built an audience from scratch. He took the risk of building a (probably) fairly lucrative law career on touring all the SEC football stadiums and writing a book about it, and that could have gone horribly wrong. He translates that into a full time sports writing gig, and then translates that into a website / radio / media personality. My business does something absolutely vital for the world, but I think Clay has a pretty damn good gig.

Kudos to him. He's Outkicked his Coverage. He's a talented writer (although not an important writer), and he's forged an audience from absolutely nothing all on his own. Plus, he does love the Vols.

PS - I think Ainge is building his media reputation. He's solid.

Not surprising you would back him

Not surprising you would back him

Actually, I think it is more a reflection on capitalist society that the "Catfight" has been his biggest day on the website (I think Manti Teo was his former #1). I haven't even watched the video. I am more fascinated why this has generated more web hits than anything else. To Freak's credit, he keeps it classy.

I think Clay is largely wasting his talent. However, if he were to apply it to the things that I think would waste his talent less, he would make a lot less money. And, if I'm honest, I probably would have loved to come out of UT with my advanced degree and done something similar. And, as you know, I'm fairly successful myself.

As I get older, I fully understand the need to sell out. I've done it for sure. The "Catfight" doesn't interest me in the least. What does interest me is why it interests so many others. I can't blame Clay for what he's done. As he thanked his audience, they just paid for his eldest college tuition.

If we won a game 48-7, Clay Travis would write an article on our QBs pick in the 3rd quarter.

Thanks but no one cares. He is one of the best, that's why he's on Dan Patrick, has a website with over 300K hits yesterday, and dominates the sports talk market here in Nashville.

He is good at what he does, just like James Franklin, whether you want to give him credit for it or not is inconsequential.

Clay, as someone who writes articles for a living, can you please learn how to spell the word "backpedal?" Thanks.

Under normal circumstances, Clay would write an article about this ripping Ainge. For instance, if he got into it with a radio host in Atlanta on twitter, he'd write about it IMO. He won't write about Ainge because he's scared of them.

Jaybay and Ainge are using Clay's own tricks against him. IMO they have been looking to expand into Nashville for a while. It's why they spent last summer making fun of James Franklin IMO. They're gaining a following in Nashville and this will only help that cause.

VN Store

Back