Clay Travis vs Erik Ainge

Actually, I think it is more a reflection on capitalist society that the "Catfight" has been his biggest day on the website (I think Manti Teo was his former #1). I haven't even watched the video. I am more fascinated why this has generated more web hits than anything else. To Freak's credit, he keeps it classy.

I think Clay is largely wasting his talent. However, if he were to apply it to the things that I think would waste his talent less, he would make a lot less money. And, if I'm honest, I probably would have loved to come out of UT with my advanced degree and done something similar. And, as you know, I'm fairly successful myself.

As I get older, I fully understand the need to sell out. I've done it for sure. The "Catfight" doesn't interest me in the least. What does interest me is why it interests so many others. I can't blame Clay for what he's done. As he thanked his audience, they just paid for his eldest college tuition.

I need you to clear something up for me. Do you consider
yourself to be succesful?

Reactions: 3 people
I don't speak twitter and have no idea of what's being said.

That said, I would rather listen to EA than CT. CT is is nothing more than a troll.

I guess it's his lack of professionalism that turns people off. Lets not act like he doesn't do anything but tell it like it is. He knows what buttons to push and is very good at it. With that being said, just don't listen would be my advice to those who hate him so.

I was just speaking to the fact that must UT fans don't like him because they view his opinions as "bashing UT" yet the only negative things I've really ever seen him say were with regards to the awful job Dooley was doing, and he recognized that train wreck two years before a lot of fans were willing to see it.

As for his professionalism, I don't see why people expect that from him. He's essentially a blogger (albeit a well paid one) so I don't really see the typical journalism rules applying to him. He owns and runs his own website, and should be able to write and say whatever he pleases.

Did Clay Travis go to Vandy Law? That would make sense. That school is a wannabe in pretty much every aspect.

He commented a while back about Erik not remembering what he told the Jets about Arian before Arian wasn't drafted. Like Ainge was too drugged up to remember it. It apparently upset Erik's mom & wife.

He's mad about the girl's picture because he says he has a daughter. As I'm sure some of you know, Daddy's change when they have that little girl. Or Erik may have already felt that way. At least more respectful of women than Clay Travis is.

edit - sorry, I meant to post this under the question where did he comment on EA's sobriety.

Thanks...didn't know about those past comments. How long ago was this, btw?

And I know all too well how having a little girl changes your perspective, my wife is due with our 2nd girl in 4 weeks. Lucky for them, but unlucky for the boys they bring home, daddy will soon have a job that keeps him armed at all times.....:)

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, Clay didn't do anything wrong in the internet in this day and age. He didn't take the video, he didn't upload it, yes he spread it, but so did thousands of other people. That girls video and pictures were already online (and despite clay claiming, pictures never go away on the internet, not if you know how to look).

Both sides are being stupid in this. If the girls didn't want publicity they wouldn't have gone on the show, would have demanded or sued to have the video removed, and they wouldn't have gotten into a fight at a public event in the 24/7 news cycle age.

Yes, "being a dad" changes things, but guess what? All those little girls still grow up to have sex, some grow up to be whores, some get paid to be whores, and some, like this, act trashy for 15 minutes of fame on a 3rd rate radio show. Being a parent doesn't change that the girls chose this and could have it removed if they really wanted.

All relevant points...and I completely and freely admit, I thought the whole thing was HILARIOUS. Posting the videos was one thing....but posting a still shot of the girl spread-eagle? I mean, yeah, the girl wasn't the classiest chick but Clay did it for one reason....clicks to his website.

Who's classier now, the drunk chick who tried to fight the other and wound up on the ground, exposing her crotch, or Clay Travis for trying to profit from it?

Hmmmm......

It's not anywhere near as "great" as it pretends to be. If UC-San Diego and the University of Wisconsin are great schools, then Vanderbilt is one too.

According to US News and World report it is the 14th best overall school in the country amd 15th best Law. This listincludes public and private. So yes they and the rest of the world know they are pretty darn good. Dont let your homerism cloud your thinking

The girl deserves the pic being posted for acting like a drunken fool and starting a fight at a function that was raising money for the childrens hospital. Idk about the Ainge thing but ole girl got what she deserved.

I would wager $50 that a LARGE majority didn't even know the proceeds go to charity.

It is, and has always been, an excuse to get dressed up like a frat boy or sorority girl and get sh*t faced for the middle to upper class in Nashville.

The girl was a drunken idiot, no doubt, but if getting drunk then getting into a fight warranted that, we'd ALL have crotch-shots on the Internet.

Reactions: 2 people
According to US News and World report it is the 14th best overall school in the country amd 15th best Law. This listincludes public and private. So yes they and the rest of the world know they are pretty darn good. Dont let your homerism cloud your thinking

According to US News and World Report, Notre Dame and Rice are better schools than Berkeley. Some of those rankings are hilarious.

If you really want to know what the rest of the world thinks of Vanderbilt, try and find them on this list:

World University Rankings 2012-2013 - Times Higher Education

According to US News and World Report, Notre Dame and Rice are better schools than Berkeley. Some of those rankings are hilarious.

If you really want to know what the rest of the world thinks of Vanderbilt, try and find them on this list:

World University Rankings 2012-2013 - Times Higher Education

Not hard at all they are 106th in the world and . Oh and they are rated by this publication above schools like BC and Wake.

Not hard at all they are 106th in the world and . Oh and they are rated by this publication above schools like BC and Wake.

And just behind Rutgers. That's my point. A school on par with UCSD wants to act like they're in the Ivy League.

And just behind Rutgers. That's my point. A school on par with UCSD wants to act like they're in the Ivy League.

Look at what the Princeton Review says. I will takes their and US news opinion more seriously especially when 30 % of your websites grade is based on classroom accuracy. For example the Princeton Review notes that Vandy law grads are in the top five for job prospects when finishing school.

Look at what the Princeton Review says. I will takes their and US news opinion more seriously especially when 30 % of your websites grade is based on classroom accuracy. For example the Princeton Review notes that Vandy law grads are in the top five for job prospects when finishing school.

Jesus your blinders have me talking about Vandy.. .thats the last one i am done

There are three major university rankings in the world. Vandy ranks 17th, 36th and 50th in the U.S. on those three. It's much more on par with the University of Washington (in Seattle, not St. Louis) than with the best Ivy League schools. It's not a bad school, but like I said, it's a wannabe.

inevitably travis will pull the academia card and ad hominem insults to play the better than card,

not a huge ea fan but, i do respect someone who has rebounded from doldrums of addiction...despite his love for his own reflection.

both are self promoting egotists. however, travis was out of line and should be called out. ainge is no saint either

Did Clay Travis go to Vandy Law? That would make sense. That school is a wannabe in pretty much every aspect.

ive taken lsat courses. the instructor was a "vandy grad" who self promoted at every intersection who "didnt study for the exam bc it came naturally" to him.

got close vandy grad friends. most are hard working successful guys, who had to earn their stripes and dont seld promote. their credentials would speak at any institution

my pt is the one douche doesnt mean all camdy reps are douches. i dropped the class and moved on, and know tons of lawyers more successful from ut law school, as well asol.

as one of the de facto best trial lawyers in tn stated to me. ill never forget. this guy, not a candy grad and at the time who at the time in 90's had on resume' largest recovery for med mal in tn history said "i have never once in 30 years of practice been asked where i went to law school, or have we ever advertised our practice".

and hes a tn law grad. juss sayin'

Last edited:

VN Store

Back