Coach Heupel is a very strong Christian

Pray in private or how about this.

Let's allow the Satanists to demonstrate their faith in the UT locker room. Fair enough.

Or just admit it, this is about Christianity not religion or religious-based beliefs. Drop your hypocrisy.
You get corn holed at church camp or something? Why such vitriol on the subject?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman and NEO
A Christian should make all decisions, including sporting ones, in light of their faith. They don't plain and simple.

Pro hint: You're posts are waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to read, fyi.

It takes me 10 to 15 seconds to proof my post before i hit the button. I devour more than a page a minute when i read for leisure, with zero effort. I do it for fun, same as reading here. There are a few authors I can read like Robert Jordan, Asimov, Heinlein, C.S. Lewis etc that I dont have to consciously read at all. My subconscious mind does the reading, turning of pages etc and I can just watch the "movie" in my head. THAT is my favorite thing to do. Better than sex even. I leave this world altogether, travel to distant worlds while in a completely relaxed state of wonder. Sometimes several hours pass and I have no idea of whats going on in my surroundings. It is truly bliss. I wish that everyone could experience that...at least once. I have asked a few other folks i know that are avid readers and apparently my experience isnt very common.If reading more than a few sentences is a high effort undertaking then you don't have to read my posts bro. No hard feelings here. My musings are surely nothing like the talented authors that I mentioned, they are just my opinions. I will probably always have longer posts though bud, brevity is not my gift.

Any atheist TN fan is a damn liar if they try to claim a “please G^d” didn’t pass their lips as McGrath kicked the football Oct 15, 2022.
" nobody is an atheist in a foxhole" does God care about football? No, don't think He does. Was I praying for that kick, begging for it to stay in the uprights? Yes. Yes I was. Lol

Reactions: hog88
" nobody is an atheist in a foxhole" does God care about football? No, don't think He does. Was I praying for that kick, begging for it to stay in the uprights? Yes. Yes I was. Lol
As funny as that was, don't you find it a bit of a Christian abuse to ask your God to support you by altering human events to satisfy your need to win?

Excuse me.

I'm about to fix some Gulf Royal Red Shrimp and enjoy the rest of the baseball game.

😬 🤙 @kiddiedoc
I hope you enjoyed dinner. That's a real treat.

Honestly, I pray tonight that God softens your heart. It's obvious that something has happened in your past to turn you off to Christianity and the salvation afforded. For that, I'm very sorry. It's not hard to find examples of misrepresentation of the Gospel and self-proclaimed Christians who do not understand truth and the freedom from sin (which is very real) it allows.

I, too, was turned off earlier in life. But I'm thankful every day that God offered His grace in calling me back to the fold. I'm a sinner, for sure, but it is incredible to learn what He offers.

I hope you enjoyed dinner. That's a real treat.

Honestly, I pray tonight that God softens your heart. It's obvious that something has happened in your past to turn you off to Christianity and the salvation afforded. For that, I'm very sorry. It's not hard to find examples of misrepresentation of the Gospel and self-proclaimed Christians who do not understand truth and the freedom from sin (which is very real) it allows.

I, too, was turned off earlier in life. But I'm thankful every day that God offered His grace in calling me back to the fold. I'm a sinner, for sure, but it is incredible to learn what He offers.
Very nice thanks.

Is your attraction to Trump because he is a felon like Jesus?

The best way to winning football games is to keep religious BS out of the locker room and off the field.
We won 11 games then 9 games since this thread got started. When did we last do that in back-to-back years?
It's nothing but divisive...just like in this thread.
This thread was posted 02/02/2021, got moved from the FF to the PF, and the discussion ended 8 days later, 02/10/2021.
So divisive....

2 years & 3 months later, you bumped(or it got merged) the thread.
In the meantime, has Heupel since denounced Christianity or quit being active in his church related endeavors? Has voluntary prayer on the field stopped? If not those examples, has what you refer to as "religious BS" been kept out of the locker room and off the field?
If none of the above, please explain how it's been a divisive issue

Uhhh....why is this in the political forum? Or does every atheist simply feel the need to piddle on it so they can please their master (whom they presume to be themselves). The OP's post seemed much more about CJH's personal faith rather than anything to do with politics.

little-girl.gif

Uhhh....why is this in the political forum? Or does every atheist simply feel the need to piddle on it so they can please their master (whom they presume to be themselves). The OP's post seemed much more about CJH's personal faith rather than anything to do with politics.

little-girl.gif
Unfortunately, the Legion of Miserables has to wage full-scale internet war against anything that resembles Christian behavior in public. Heaven forbid that we obey Biblical instruction during such activities as preparation for an athletic event, a school day, or large gatherings.

Why are Christians watching and supporting football in the first place?

Assuming the accuracy of major reports on the degenerative brain disease Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy found often in the brains of former American football players, and assuming concussions remain a common part of the game today, and assuming a Christian is aware of all this, is a Christian who buys a game ticket or team merchandise for an NFL or NCAA football team complicit in funding a system that will likely lead to CTE consequences later in a player’s life? Yes or no?

Yes
Where are you going with this? I enjoy mental exercises as much as anyone else, but I don't see where you are trying to go with this.

Should Christians be skydivers? Should Christians be linemen? Should Christians be roughnecks/riggers? All of these are dangerous activities.

Where are you going with this? I enjoy mental exercises as much as anyone else, but I don't see where you are trying to go with this.

Should Christians be skydivers? Should Christians be linemen? Should Christians be roughnecks/riggers? All of these are dangerous activities.
Apoplexy mixed with end stage TDS has some very strange manifestations.

little-girl.gif

The OP should not have been posted on this page--period. Don't blame the logical people who reacted.

Obviously, I'm bored, so here I go.

First, God doesn't care about football, as it has no relevance to His message and intent toward humanity. As for it being a sin, there might be grounds for that argument. In the USA, we have rituals before and during games. One is, we stand before an image and pledge dedication to that image. Two, is we have a hymn of sorts we sing in honor of that image. We also have hymns of a sort sung at specific intervals during the game. Further, many of us are given or buy images of reverenced game "saints" we hang on our walls, or display in other ways. Some of us even have a kind of meal, not necessarily a supper, In honor of the event. And Saturday "best clothes" as a part of our worship of the team. We even have chants to provoke a result or outcome when our gods are in a tight spot. Finally, we have a church or location and a day for congregating to worship our player gods. The bulk of what I say, are direct violations of the Ten Commandments, so I guess you can call football games a sin.

[Hiding under the house from enraged football fans.]

Last edited:

First, God doesn't care about football, as it has no relevance to His message and intent toward humanity. As for it being a sin, there might be grounds for that argument. In the USA, we have rituals before and during games. One is, we stand before an image and pledge dedication to that image. Two, is we have a hymn of sorts we sing in honor of that image. We also have hymns of a sort sung at specific intervals during the game. Further, many of us are given or buy images of reverenced game "saints" we hang on our walls, or display in other ways. Some of us even have a kind of meal, not necessarily a supper, im honor of the event. And Saturday "best clothes" as a part of our worship of the team. We even have chants to provoke a result or outcome when our gods are in a tight spot. Finally, we have a church or location and a day for congregating to worship our player gods. The bulk of what I say, are direct violations of the Ten Commandments, so I guess you can call football games a sin.

[Hiding under the house from enraged VN'ers.]
LOL, I'm fairly certain that you don't "enrage" any VN'ers. There are other words we might use, but I'm enjoying my day off and in a good mood.

First, God doesn't care about football, as it has no relevance to His message and intent toward humanity. As for it being a sin, there might be grounds for that argument. In the USA, we have rituals before and during games. One is, we stand before an image and pledge dedication to that image. Two, is we have a hymn of sorts we sing in honor of that image. We also have hymns of a sort sung at specific intervals during the game. Further, many of us are given or buy images of reverenced game "saints" we hang on our walls, or display in other ways. Some of us even have a kind of meal, not necessarily a supper, im honor of the event. And Saturday "best clothes" as a part of our worship of the team. We even have chants to provoke a result or outcome when our gods are in a tight spot. Finally, we have a church or location and a day for congregating to worship our player gods. The bulk of what I say, are direct violations of the Ten Commandments, so I guess you can call football games a sin.

[Hiding under the house from enraged VN'ers.]

Not quite sure the average VN fan is committing sin simply by their fandom but I do think it can be carried to the level of idolatry with some. I like your analogies, though :)

VN Store

Back