Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry if CJH doesn't lead the Vols into the 12 team playoffs this upcoming season, his @$$ will be feeling the heat as well . Guaranteed..
With the conference champs getting a bye Tennessee volunteers football
needs to beat Georgia and have a real chance at wining one.
Sweet Sixteen NCAA tournament not good enough for some fans
Making the expand playoffs should not be in football I'm expecting Final Eight but he's not been here that long yet. He deserves time.

With the #1 strength of schedule in WCBB, we will likely be a #7 seed. We are better than a #9, and the committee is not going to put this team as an #8 to match up with a #1 early in the tournament.
If you are looking at Charlie Creme 's predictions, please don't. It's clickbait - nothing more. He may get the top 4 right, otherwise, he is always, always wrong.
Eight/Nine Seed NCAA tournament gets you a date with a number one Seed NCAA Second round NCAA game on their own home Court

In this poll everyone could only vote once so there was no ballot stuffing. The result is easily a larger percentage of posters on this board are looking for a change. On facebook it trends the other way. We'll see where we decide to go with the program in the next couple of months. The ultimate goal I believe of everyone is to see the Lady Vol basketball program back as one of the top ten programs in the country. I would be happy to see Coach Harper be the one to lead us there. Hopefully we finish this year on a high note and the changes we need are made to get us going in the right direction next season.

In this poll everyone could only vote once so there was no ballot stuffing. The result is easily a larger percentage of posters on this board are looking for a change. On facebook it trends the other way. We'll see where we decide to go with the program in the next couple of months. The ultimate goal I believe of everyone is to see the Lady Vol basketball program back as one of the top ten programs in the country. I would be happy to see Coach Harper be the one to lead us there. Hopefully we finish this year on a high note and the changes we need are made to get us going in the right direction next season.
Who ever the coach is Tennessee not getting a recuit if it comes down to money for that recuit if Tennessee not in the same ballpark the other school offering a top high school recuit.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Besides% of vote be interesting to see how many vote overall

Who ever the coach is Tennessee not getting a recuit if it comes down to money for that recuit if Tennessee not in the same ballpark the other school offering a top high school recuit.
Then we shouldn't even be concerned with Lady Vols basketball anymore. If the attitude is other schools have the money and Tennessee does not guess were stuck in the mud for years to come. I'm sure there are a multitude of fans helping all they can never going to be enough without booster and business support. If that is something unattainable then who is coaching is the least of the problems going forward.

Kellie is the Lady Vols version of Buzz Peterson. You can deny it if you want and stick your head in the sand, but the product she's putting out there is weak. We deserve better as a fan base.

Good summary. Except, Id take exception w what the "fans want". I think most have bought in to the warm and fuzzies of hiring twice from Pat's tree. Until fans really get sick of mediocrity and demand "the absolute best available REGARDLESS of pedigree" then we will languish below LVBB standards. We are slipping from relevance every year. God forbid the fanbase begs for a 3rd dose of "honoring Pats legacy" by hiring a non-elite coach who is from her tree.
Please get the BEST available, regardless. Thats what should have happened after Pat left ... buuut.
Hmmmm.......I seems to me most fans here are ready to kick KH to the curb and hire whoever the school can get whether they are from Pat's coaching tree or not.

I've had other posts that HW was getting the job in 2012 and honestly deserved a shot. Harper seemed like a good, not great, hire at the time but more than anything was "safe". It's not been all bad but I just don't see any real progress being made under her watch.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Hmmmm.......I seems to me most fans here are ready to kick KH to the curb and hire whoever the school can get whether they are from Pat's coaching tree or not.

I've had other posts that HW was getting the job in 2012 and honestly deserved a shot. Harper seemed like a good, not great, hire at the time but more than anything was "safe". It's not been all bad but I just don't see any real progress being made under her watch.
I'm not one of them. I am up for another season like I said she needs to show improvement in roster, etc. I would like to see her be here forever, but not on the Merry Go Round were on right now. We should be better than fourth or fifth place. We should be first or second just like the men basketball team usually is every year. Where they getting the money someone needs to use title x to get their share for the women's game. Barnes is getting the players Kellie should be able to get them too.

If they are going to hire someone go big or don't go at all. Coaches need to be able to recruit and have a history of being successful doing it. If they don't have that on their resume need to move past them.

I am amazed when I read this thread about the lack of information and misinformation about recruiting in the NIL world. No money, no top recruits, it's that simple. Until we 'get our money up', nothing will change, new coach or not.

... and the money can't come from the UTAD.
I'm not one of them. I am up for another season like I said she needs to show improvement in roster, etc. I would like to see her be here forever, but not on the Merry Go Round were on right now. We should be better than fourth or fifth place. We should be first or second just like the men basketball team usually is every year. Where they getting the money someone needs to use title x to get their share for the women's game. Barnes is getting the players Kellie should be able to get them too.

If they are going to hire someone go big or don't go at all. Coaches need to be able to recruit and have a history of being successful doing it. If they don't have that on their resume need to move past them.

With the #1 strength of schedule in WCBB, we will likely be a #7 seed. We are better than a #9, and the committee is not going to put this team as an #8 to match up with a #1 early in the tournament.
If you are looking at Charlie Creme 's predictions, please don't. It's clickbait - nothing more. He may get the top 4 right, otherwise, he is always, always wrong.
I think everyone's been looking at our RPI SOS, which is #1, but our NET SOS is "only" #11 (still excellent, and should very much help our seeding, but not the slam dunk that being #1 would be).

The top 6 in NET SOS are all in the Pac-12. What a year for the Pac-12 in their final year. They also make up 8 of the top 10, and 11 of the top 16.

Last edited:
Saying it again, the staff has to go. They are not getting anyone, but whose fault is it? There are plenty of high recruits with Tennessee on their list. Why, not because of the staff, but because of Tennessees reputation. They are coming for visits but choose to go someplace else. That is on the staff, and it seems they all come, but cannot commit to Tennessee. It's perfectly obvious, so this AD is an idiot if he cannot see this. NIL, forget it, it's just an excuse. If they are good enough when they play here, they will get their reward.

Hard to guage fans exactly, but what I do know is that our admins are 0-2 since Pat. Thinking like "Holly DESERVES a chance" and "KH bleeds OR" are what turn a literal TOP 2 wcbb program into slightly above average in a decade. I just hope fans are not up for a 3rd helping of this emotional nonsense!

If they are good enough when they play here, they will get their reward.
Respectfully, have you been in a coma the last six months? Players coming and proving themselves first and getting money second died a couple of seasons ago. Paying players upon recruitment has been reinforced in the courts over and over recently. It will soon be illegal not to pay them.

We can argue, and do, ad nauseum whether lack of upfront NIL $ is the LVs major recruiting problem or not. But there's no remaining sane argument that upfront payments are not required to get players, esp the good ones.

Kellie can't recruit....Tennessee should be able to recruit on name alone...But it's not and she is the problem...I love her a VFL and it's nothing personal but she is just not the one we need leading this program...She is going to drive it into the ground to the point it will take forever to get it back to an elite status...She needs to go.

Holly was not a great recruiter. When she lost Jolette Law to South Carolina is when things went south.

Samantha Williams was the recruiter that built Louisville/Jeff Walz's roster. She does a fantastic job in recruiting and evaluation for Kellie, but can not close due to the lack of NIL money!

Until we can get major donors involved in NIL, we are where we are. As Angel Reese said to some fans at the UT/LSU game "Get your money up!"
There was enough NIL to get Rickea a brand new Mercedes to convince her to come back.

It’s not an NIL problem. It’s a “nobody wants to play for a failed coach” problem.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Kellie can't recruit....Tennessee should be able to recruit on name alone...But it's not and she is the problem...I love her a VFL and it's nothing personal but she is just not the one we need leading this program...She is going to drive it into the ground to the point it will take forever to get it back to an elite status...She needs to go.
Exactly, this program should recruit itself. It did even under Holly.

There was enough NIL to get Rickea a brand new Mercedes to convince her to come back.

It’s not an NIL problem. It’s a “nobody wants to play for a failed coach” problem.
I think the deal with Rickea was that they paid for a lease for a car for a few months...not her getting a $70-80k car to own. That Mercedes deal was probably under $10k.

But I agree with your overall sentiments. What is the likelihood that Tennessee is the ONLY big-name school that all of sudden cannot get NIL funds for recruitment. When you compare other schools that they've lost recruits to...Virginia, Vanderbilt, Clemson, etc... that don't have the same history in WCBB as Tennessee, yet they're able to pony up money for recruits? Even LSU, since they got del Rosario and Velez before they won a NC. Doesn't add up.

Jewell's game is developing before our eyes ?? Seriously?
Yeah seriously. She is not just a hang around the perimeter 3-point shooter. She is scoring in the paint off of penetration, doing more work at pg and defending better. I am willing to admit the program has some holes. Can you admit that there is also a little donut too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back