Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why then would you throw out the statement she “was cutting up early with her girls”? What was the purpose beyond the intent everyone knows already?
Because some had asked about laughter from coach Staley. Merely responding. Not everyone knows the intent. An assumption again to know what everyone is thinking.

What was the score of the UT vs Geno’s team this year?

Vol4gzus said:
She was cutting up with her girls some early....the polls,not Super Tuesday, arresting Fire her! Sad. I agree with the dissenters that next year is the litmus test for Danny White. We were without Rickea for how many key games early? Was it 8? Split those and 17-11 becomes 21-7. What would the tune of dissenters to fire her be? When Rickea came back we were competitive in most games except Geno's team.

You apparently don’t follow UT WBB very closely, yeah, it’s scary how much bs is posted. Irregardless, you should have used SC as your example, UT gave them a fight to the end for two games. UT might play “Geno’s” team next year however big follower.
Thanks for calling Barbara Streisand on me. I'm sorry that" big follower" has a lapse in memory and is, apparently, not perfect like yours. At the moment I thought we did. I thought we played the Storrs team . I was remembering the blowout they had in Columbia to sc women. I'm usually pretty decent on memory,but not this time. Thanks again for the thoughtful rebuke.

Last edited:
Earl, it was a driveby “fan” of course.
You all are so kind in your,apparent, perfectionism. I'm sorry that I can't have total recall like you all. I made a mistake and owned up to it. Yet you all keep piling on another Vol fan.

Thanks for calling Barbara Streisand on me. I'm mind,apparently not perfect like yours, I thought we played the Storrs team . I was remembering the blowout they had in Columbia to sc women. I'm usually pretty decent on memory,but not this time. Thanks again for the thoughtful rebuke.
It followed your incorrect yet insinuating rebuke else it would never have been posted. Your intent was noted by all in spite of its incorrectness. Streisand was awesome in her day btw. Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
It followed your incorrect yet insinuating rebuke else it would never have been posted. Your intent was noted by all in spite of its incorrectness. Streisand was awesome in her day btw. Peace.
Bs =Barbara Streisand.
No insinuation. You are the one with the demeaning statements. And for incorrect intent to inform there was laughter the Rick Flair body slam came and carried over multiple posts. All ,apparently, to your delight. Again I acknowledged my mistake and the hits kept coming. Some just have joy in being mean and domineering. You get the final word as I'm through trudging through the mire.

Bs =Barbara Streisand.
No insinuation. You are the one with the demeaning statements. And for incorrect intent to inform there was laughter the Rick Flair body slam came and carried over multiple posts. All ,apparently, to your delight. Again I acknowledged my mistake and the hits kept coming. Some just have joy in being mean and domineering. You get the final word as I'm through trudging through the mire.
Babs was awesome, one of the best ever. Sorry you stumbled and are embarrassed, I surmise politics in your stance.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this is just an inaccurate view of the state of the Lady Vol program. Respectfully, the statistics don't bear anything out that you said. Over 5 years, her winning percentage is worse than Holly's. Kelli is 40-22 over the last two seasons. That's a 65% winning percentage. You have to go back nearly 50 years to the 1974-75, and 75-76 seasons (Pat Summit's first two seasons at UT to find a lower winning percentage over two years in Lady Vol basketball history.

Tennessee Lady Vols averaged attendance:

2015-2016 (10,412)
2016-2017 (9,184)
2017-2018 (8,788)
2018-2019 (8,028)
2019-2020 (8,645)
2021-2022 (7,477)

That is the definition of a "Diminishing Brand" not one that is healthy. Keep in mind, that all of this is occurring during a time of immense growth in viewership of the women's game. In 1998, The Lady Vols broke the NCAA attendance record with over 24,000 fans in attendance for TN versus Uconn. In 2023, Iowa broke the record with 55,000.

Again, no final four appearances in 15 years.

Our brand is not strong in comparison to the elite teams in the game. Separate out any feelings you have towards Kelli and look at it objectively. Our program has historically never been weaker and each year that passes with us being "average" further relegates us to the "has-beens" in women's basketball history.
Yeah, this is an incomplete and disingenuous set of statistics. You left out the evidence that the attendance numbers are building momentum:

2022-2023 (8,150)
2023-2024 (8,880)

Official attendance per SID. Edu

This year has been so weird for us. We're kind of like Oscar in the trash can, can't be happy for being sad about being happy. It is encouraging that we played so well against SC and LSU. You know I was predicting big blowouts. But that's also what's frustrating, we can get close but not quite there. We can never get over the hump and actually win those games. Can't get all our fragile pieces to line up at once, can't get less fragile pieces.

We have lost some ground this year, finishing one spot lower in SEC and not getting the double bye and that's scary. That stretch wo Rickea was obviously disasterous and I think it brought about a mind funk that they've had a hard time pulling out of. Really since she's been back it's just 2 awful games, TAM and Alabama that have drug us down. No coincidence they're two of the worst games of Rickea's career, though she still scored double digits in both.

Sometimes it does feel hopeless and stupid to keep thinking it's going to change big game after big game. Then we get tantalizingly close and it starts over again. I don't doubt Dawn does not want to see us again, esp so soon. For us it will be yet another opportunity to make the much needed breakthru. Or back to the trash can.

Probably not competitive w 'Geno's team' when Rickea came back bc we didn't play them.

I feel like this team is just now getting to a level of play that is comparable to last year’s. The big difference is that there is no one who can fill the many roles played by Jordan Horston. When she was here, it seemed like all people wanted to do was complain about her turnovers. But, her perimeter defending is a huge miss, followed by her rebounding, and her offensive playmaking abilities.

Jewell is not that kind of all-round player . Jewell might really break out in tournament play. Her game is developing before our eyes. And I am sure she will be an elite guard next season but she has been hot and cold to this point.

Destiny never really launched.

On the plus side, Key is now playing and impacting games which is something last years team did not have. Rickea is better. (She has put together back to back amazing games). And I think the teams overall level of play and cohesiveness is now probably better than last year’s team. All of that is starting to balance out the Jordan Horston gap. But it has been a long slow process.

Fingers cross, this team will really bring it in the SEC and NCAA tourneys. I am hoping that Jillian can prove to be a bit of an X-factor in these upcoming games.

She was cutting up with her girls some early....the polls,not Super Tuesday, arresting Fire her! Sad. I agree with the dissenters that next year is the litmus test for Danny White. We were without Rickea for how many key games early? Was it 8? Split those and 17-11 becomes 21-7. What would the tune of dissenters to fire her be? When Rickea came back we were competitive in most games except Geno's team.
We did split those eight games. We were 4-4 without Rickea.

I feel like this team is just now getting to a level of play that is comparable to last year’s. The big difference is that there is no one who can fill the many roles played by Jordan Horston. When she was here, it seemed like all people wanted to do was complain about her turnovers. But, her perimeter defending is a huge miss, followed by her rebounding, and her offensive playmaking abilities.

Jewell is not that kind of all-round player . Jewell might really break out in tournament play. Her game is developing before our eyes. And I am sure she will be an elite guard next season but she has been hot and cold to this point.

Destiny never really launched.

On the plus side, Key is now playing and impacting games which is something last years team did not have. Rickea is better. (She has put together back to back amazing games). And I think the teams overall level of play and cohesiveness is now probably better than last year’s team. All of that is starting to balance out the Jordan Horston gap. But it has been a long slow process.

Fingers cross, this team will really bring it in the SEC and NCAA tourneys. I am hoping that Jillian can prove to be a bit of an X-factor in these upcoming games.
Jewell's game is developing before our eyes ?? Seriously?

This is a travesty! I can’t believe anyone would put this crap out there!!!!!!!!
Football not won one National championship since beating Florida state 1998
Men's basketball / Baseball have not won national championship I can recall
Softball as those of us who watched needed just one hit vs Arizona
Volleyball hasn't won I recall
Soccer's coach just left Rocky with two lady Vols with him one Score the first goal in last national championship game.

Women's basketball won a national championship in 2008
Women's Basketball won last national championship of all those sports.
Women's Basketball is not getting NIL support like Tennessee volunteers football is
fix that Give Tennessee Lady Vols basketball NIL support to match teams getting recruits then if Kellie can't improve results Sweet Sixteen NCAA tournament in a few years with recruits move on

Football not won one National championship since beating Florida state 1998
Men's basketball / Baseball have not won national championship I can recall
Softball as those of us who watched needed just one hit vs Arizona
Volleyball hasn't won I recall
Soccer's coach just left Rocky with two lady Vols with him one Score the first goal in last national championship game.

Women's basketball won a national championship in 2008
Women's Basketball won last national championship of all those sports.
Women's Basketball is not getting NIL support like Tennessee volunteers football is
fix that Give Tennessee Lady Vols basketball NIL support to match teams getting recruits then if Kellie can't improve results Sweet Sixteen NCAA tournament in a few years with recruits move on
Don't worry if CJH doesn't lead the Vols into the 12 team playoffs this upcoming season, his @$$ will be feeling the heat as well . Guaranteed..

And hoping so that a team lose so we can get in the tournament or hope for at least a 9 seed that’s not the way it needs to be this can be a top five every year with the right coach
With the #1 strength of schedule in WCBB, we will likely be a #7 seed. We are better than a #9, and the committee is not going to put this team as an #8 to match up with a #1 early in the tournament.
If you are looking at Charlie Creme 's predictions, please don't. It's clickbait - nothing more. He may get the top 4 right, otherwise, he is always, always wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back