Coach wearing more and more black gear

Ain't no way a vol is that sensitive. THE. WHITE. UNIFORMS. WITH. THE. ORANGE. LETTERS. ARE. THE. RIGHT UNIFORMS. FOR. AN SEC. TEAM. WHO. PLAYS. OPPONENTS. IN. HOT. AND. MUGGY. WEATHER. IT. KEEPS. THEM. COOLER. AND. THEY. CAN. PLAY. LONGER.

Does that hurt yur feelings too?

Went over your head. Never mind

Reactions: 1 person
naked-gun-facepalm-2.gif

YES, Naked Gun!! Those movies are awesome! This thread is going somewhere now.

Love the black uniform posted in this thread. Would be great to upgrade our image. Makes the players look faster too. Would have to wear only late in season during cool weather though. Look how much attention Oregon gets b/c of their unis. Most importantly IT WOULD HELP WITH RECRUITING. And yes, I realize that it's the player in the uniform that matters the most, but with the parity thats out there, any edge we can get will help. We've got checkerboards painted in our endzones for God's sake. That bit of tackiness seems to get the attention of folks around the country on TV games so what's the big deal about wear a great looking uni once in a while

Reactions: 5 people
sorry but i love to see Vol Nation get jacked up,i love it, butch gets it.........

I just saw the picture of Butcher and Coach Jones with the national championship trophy and Coach Jones is wearing a black UT shirt with the orange power T logo. I really believe the color black is becoming a major part of our clothing line.

I kinda like the look but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who hate the thought of black in UT gear. :salute::salute:

You're going to need backup when THEY come after you...I'm in Little Elm...when old timers reeking of Metamucil start cruising by your crib blasting Ernest Tubbs...let me know...I'll bring the heat!:gun:

I just saw the picture of Butcher and Coach Jones with the national championship trophy and Coach Jones is wearing a black UT shirt with the orange power T logo. I really believe the color black is becoming a major part of our clothing line.

I kinda like the look but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who hate the thought of black in UT gear. :salute::salute:

Louisville has always been red and white. They have black uniforms to go alone with the white and red ones now and they are doing just fine.

I'd like to see some uniform variations! The Halloween 2009 night was unique.. it didn't quite cut it for me, but I don't fault them for trying. I get annoyed when people act like it's a crime to do something new with the uniforms for a change..

This is a bit extreme, but it's pretty badass lol.
images

Awesome. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to these.

I'd like to see some uniform variations! The Halloween 2009 night was unique.. it didn't quite cut it for me, but I don't fault them for trying. I get annoyed when people act like it's a crime to do something new with the uniforms for a change..

This is a bit extreme, but it's pretty badass lol.
images

Just add stealth technology and give them to the running backs! They can de-cloak (Star Trek reference for you non-nerds) in the end zone!:)

Black looks the part, but it's too hot for an SEC team. Would be hell to play in. The object is to stay cooler and last longer. White is right.

You may have stumbled on something here. I for one would like to see a bit of sporadic variation. But playing on a hot or even warm day in black isn't a good idea. I know because mowing the lawn even on a cloudy, wind cooled but still warm day, a black shirt is uncomfortable. However, if the weather is a bit nippy like maybe in late October or during November and December months, wearing some black would be nice and work. But not each game, maybe only against USCjr and the UK. or just to piss them off, VU.

Last edited:
Last sentence is racist......IMO

Too bad English can't do what my deaf friend in Knoxville says can be done with American Sign Language. According to him, the language has two signs for "white." One that refers to the color and one that refers to Caucasians. if English could do that, maybe it would get rid of these, "That's racist" posts here. I doubt it given the limited cognitive capacities of some VN posters here but you never know.

Too bad English can't do what my deaf friend in Knoxville says can be done with American Sign Language. According to him, the language has two signs for "white." One that refers to the color and one that refers to Caucasians. if English could do that, maybe it would get rid of these, "That's racist" posts here. I doubt it given the limited cognitive capacities of some VN posters here but you never know.

Sarcasm not a word you're familiar with?

Sarcasm not a word you're familiar with?

This.

Black is for mall ninjas, mourners, and Vandy fans......................

Orange and White are true UT colors!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back