Coach wearing more and more black gear

Dont care what anyone says, I love the orange and white, but I would be esctatic if we came out in something like this.

I agree. 1 home game a yr wearing something like this would be awesome. Then after the game they could auction off the jerseys, have each player sign theirs then donate the money to charity. Its win/win. We get to see a kicka$$$ 3rd jersey once a yearand it would go towards a good cause. And we are 1-0 in black jerseys the last decade. :)

Last edited:
I agree. 1 home game a yr wearing something like this would be awesome. Then after the game they could auction off the jerseys, have each player sign theirs then donate the money to charity. Its win/win. We get to see a kicka$$$ 3rd jersey once a yearand it would go towards a good cause. And we are 1-0 in black jerseys this decade. :)
Tennessee wore black jerseys on Halloween night in 2009. Wouldn't that be last decade? :unsure:

Tennessee wore black jerseys on Halloween night in 2009. Wouldn't that be last decade? :unsure:

Thats why I said we were 1-0 in Black Jerseys the last Decade. Not sure what your point is. Has been a long wknd and maybe I am missing something. Nevermind, your right I meant to say the past decade. My bad, like I said its been a long wknd.

Speaking of uniforms, I just saw Loiusville's baseball altrnate uni's. They need to stop it. Stop it right now.

Reactions: 3 people
Thats why I said we were 1-0 in Black Jerseys the last Decade. Not sure what your point is. Has been a long wknd and maybe I am missing something. Nevermind, your right I meant to say the past decade. My bad, like I said its been a long wknd.
:p

Add in a little checkerboard somewhere, it will help lock that into being ours and ours alone in CFB.

I know, and I've read how wrong you were dozens of times.

Yep, sorry I'm not Lane Kiffin and was not one of three people in the room when he decided to go against a direct order from his AD after the AD told Adidas they would not allow them to supply us with black jerseys. So yes, I completely take responsibility for that. It also nearly cost us our Adidas contract. And the $15k that S-M Athletics billed us for making the jerseys came out of Kiffin's check over it.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been over and over that situation dozens of times.

I'm telling you, the alternate this year will not be black.

Ive heard there will be some silver involved with alternate unis this year.....Any truth to this, DP?

I just saw the picture of Butcher and Coach Jones with the national championship trophy and Coach Jones is wearing a black UT shirt with the orange power T logo. I really believe the color black is becoming a major part of our clothing line.

I kinda like the look but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who hate the thought of black in UT gear. :salute::salute:

I'm with you man. More black

He's wearing black because he's about to attend 12 funerals this year for every team we put in the ground! BUTCHHHHHHHH

I'd be more in favor of a white out similar to the throwback all orange getup. Everything white except for the orange outline of the power T on helmet, jersey, and pants, bold the name and number in orange then add a checkboard stripe down the center of the helmet. I think it suits the orange a lot better than our Halloween outfits with the white helmet.

I also wouldn't mind a variation of something resembling this on the shoulder and sleeves;

21289_10152801545975161_518868938_n.jpg

Attachments

• 21289_10152801545975161_518868938_n.jpg
    21289_10152801545975161_518868938_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I just saw the picture of Butcher and Coach Jones with the national championship trophy and Coach Jones is wearing a black UT shirt with the orange power T logo. I really believe the color black is becoming a major part of our clothing line.

I kinda like the look but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who hate the thought of black in UT gear. :salute::salute:

2moyvs4.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
The problem with fans wearing black is that it makes Neyland look like any other stadium. Tennessee Orange and white lights it up. Just look at photos from about 10 years ago vs now. The bright colors are awesome. UT is now losing their market identity.

There is nothing intimidating about black or Vandy would be SEC champs every year.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back