College Football is officially a joke

TBF, using a committee to select the playoffs has always been a joke. Its not new this year.

The 12 team playoffs will help, but there will still be teams left out. It may even be worse...LOL

Wrong. We don't need 12 teams in the playoff--it's nonsense. We've had mostly blowouts in the title games with four teams. 12 teams is just another greed/money driven gimmick--period.

Lol. Of course they knew before the public. How else are they going to put on a tv show where they display the selections.

They even joked about it during the broadcast. The first guy to know would be one of their producers or visual guys because they have to do the production.

You think they sit there and get a text from the playoff committee every 60 seconds with the next selection and then put it on screen?

Should have put FSU in and told Bama, UGA and Texas that they shouldn't have lost an F'ing game. FSU did everything in their control.

Schedule and strength of conference mean something--and they should. Schedule/league counts for a lot in RPI and in the NCAA seeding for all the other sports. Look at the Big 10: Better than the ACC but not a strong conference. Pa. State was supposedly the third-best team in the conference--and its offense was TERRIBLE. Iowa played in the Big10 title game and scored ZERO points. It's a freakin' two-team conference. For a decade or longer it was essentially a one-team conference, OSU, but now Michigan has risen and is beating OSU and it is a two-team conference. Everybody else in that league is a pretender--and most are simply not good.

Reactions: 901 Orange
You know, i DESPISE Alabama. But you gotta give the man his sue; Saban probably did the best job coaching of his entire career this season. The team he started out with had no business becoming this good. And developing Milroe intonation QB was pretty amazing
Everyone is mad Bama won and created chaos and not that Georgia lost and made it easy for a mediocre ACC to get in.

Schedule and strength of conference mean something--and they should. Schedule/league counts for a lot in RPI and in the NCAA seeding for all the other sports. Look at the Big 10: Better than the ACC but not a strong conference. Pa. State was supposedly the third-best team in the conference--and its offense was TERRIBLE. Iowa played in the Big10 title game and scored ZERO points. It's a freakin' two-team conference. For a decade or longer it was essentially a one-team conference, OSU, but now Michigan has risen and is beating OSU and it is a two-team conference. Everybody else in that league is a pretender--and most are simply not good.
Michigan is going to get embarrassed.

A team loses their QB and still manages to go undefeated because of their defense and gets punished for that???? WTH???

This was a borderline evil decision.

And if they had taken Alabama over Tennessee last year (they would have) that would have been bad too. Although not this bad because we weren't sitting there at 13-0. If you had told anyone before the season that FSU would go 13-0 and get left out of the playoff people would have laughed in your face.
They looked not great against Louisville… they won one game… well technically two considering Florida. They are not currently a top 4 team… no one can argue that. When they get beat by Georgia like a drum then we can all put this to bed.

It's not exactly Bama though. What happened is Bama beat UGA which forced the CFP to put Bama into the top 4 since they are SEC champs. The insanity happened when they decided that they needed to try and justify letting Texas in since they beat Bama. In other words, it mattered what Texas did on the field but not FSU.

If UGA had won, the rankings would have all stayed the same. FSU dropped because UGA lost. Brilliant!
I was speaking to the one claiming Bama shouldn’t be in. It sounds like you’re of the opinion that Texas shouldn’t, that’s a different story.

Also, I think FSU got knocked out because the didn’t get enough “style points”. If they had beaten Louisville 42-3, I think they would have stayed in. I am not saying that is a good metric but, we have heard it for years.

Everyone is mad Bama won and created chaos and not that Georgia lost and made it easy for a mediocre ACC to get in.
Georgia has been skating on the thin ice of their weak schedule all season. The ice finally cracked Saturday

They looked not great against Louisville… they won one game… well technically two considering Florida. They are not currently a top 4 team… no one can argue that. When they get beat by Georgia like a drum then we can all put this to bed.
10-6 in the 4th. Louisville with an incompetent QB throws and INT in the endzone after a turnover. FSU should have hung 40 on them if they wanted make an argument instead of struggle.

Reactions: BradentonVol
I think the committee feared anothe Cincinnati debacle and chose to go with the team more likely to put up a better fight. Seems lame to me, but I don't get a vote.

Defense is stout that why the offense needed to silence the doubt with big number besides a late pull away against Louisville.
Their backup QB will reportedly be out of concussion protocol and available for the game. Nothing would make 2023 have a happy ending quite like a two game UGA losing streak 😉

I was speaking to the one claiming Bama shouldn’t be in. It sounds like you’re of the opinion that Texas shouldn’t, that’s a different story.

Also, I think FSU got knocked out because the didn’t get enough “style points”. If they had beaten Louisville 42-3, I think they would have stayed in. I am not saying that is a good metric but, we have heard it for years.

Texas jumping 4 spots in a week is laughable. I get the tortured logic of them getting in, but do they seriously expect the rankings to have credibility when they move a team up 4 spots basically because UGA missed a FG? The funny thing is that out of Alabama, Texas and UGA, you could argue that UGA has the "best" loss but they got ranked the lowest.

FSU is definitely all about style points. They didn't have the guts to push them down until the last poll.

Their backup QB will reportedly be out of concussion protocol and available for the game. Nothing would make 2023 have a happy ending quite like a two game UGA losing streak 😉
How funny would it be if FSU ends up 13-0 and Washington and Michigan get beat in the 1st round?

Who really cares though? It ensures some fun bowl matchups if nothing else.

Perhaps. An 8-team playoff should have been the upper limit. I'm not even sure how a 12-team playoff will work: some teams
will get byes? Regardless, we'll be subjected to a ton of Gus (the Scream Machine) Johnson-like hype when no team below, say, rank no.
4/5 is going to win the title.

Your take and the committee’s decision, not you specifically. You’re saying that no one on that team matters other than the QB. That’s absurd.
That's not at all what I'm saying, but I was just joking around with the take it easy. haha

Didn't the champ of that "crappy conference" beat the piss out of our conference champ this year?
Last year the Big 12 was awful. It was Kansas State and TCU in their championship game. Usual powers like Oklahoma and Texas went 6-7 and 8-5 respectively. Last year winning the Big 12 was not impressive, just like winning the ACC this year is not impressive.

Perhaps. An 8-team playoff should have been the upper limit. I'm not even sure how a 12-team playoff will work: some teams
will get byes? Regardless, we'll be subjected to a ton of Gus (the Scream Machine) Johnson-like hype when no team below, say, rank no.
4/5 is going to win the title.
Yes, the four hugest rated conference champions will receive byes.

VN Store

Back