College Football is officially a joke

If Michigan is indeed the best team in the playoff, then OSU is conceivably the 2nd best team out there. Because it is not opposite Michigan in conference, it couldn’t qualify for a conference championship game (after its narrow loss) that was afforded Alabama. OSU only loses to the number one team in the playoffs. Bama loses to the #3 team in the playoffs and only beats the #6 team in the Championship Standings. Forget FSU’s impotence. Make a case for OSU if you want the best teams to settle this thing.
The buckeyes can kick rocks

Reactions: TartanTurff
The only way for the playoff to truly work would be to have conference realignment to the point where the conference championship games could act as the first round. No eye tests or arbitrary criteria, and no "best" vs "most deserving" talk needed.

Look, Florida State would be in if they didn’t lose their starting QB… if they had to play their schedule again without said QB they wouldn’t be in a position to be in the CFP… I didn’t want to see them in because I’m pretty confident they would get boatraced for lack of offensive production from the QB… it would be like us getting in without Hooker last year.

The product will be better with FSU not there.

The only way for the playoff to truly work would be to have conference realignment to the point where the conference championship games could act as the first round. No eye tests or arbitrary criteria, and no "best" vs "most deserving" talk needed.
This right here is correct. If the conference championship games were actually the two best teams in the conference playing each other instead of east-west division winners that should be the first round of the playoff. Would OK have beaten Texas again if they were in the championship instead of OK St ? The only out liar is the ACC which annually only has one really good team per year. Could OSU have beaten Michigan if they had a chance to play in the championship ? We will never know because Iowa was in with a lesser record than OSU. These conferences need to fix their championship games to help determine who deserves to be in the championship run.

I know there is a lot of emotion around this but the best teams, as of the announcement, are in. You could easily argue UGA over either TX or WA but the facts are TX beating Bama early set this up and pushed UGA out.

This all goes away, more or less, with the expansion. If you are not top 8 you really aren't making the case anyway. My guess is you won't see too many 6 or 8 seeds winning the CFP.

I'm good with it. FSU looked bad without their starting QB. We saw the same thing in the NCAAM Tournament with Cincinnati was a lock #1 seed until Kenyon Martin got hurt. It's been said from the beginning that conference championships matter. All 4 teams won their conference championship.

Without their starting QB, FSU is just this years version of Cincinnati from a few years back. Won all there games just had to let them in the playoffs. Got destroyed first game. FSU would not get destroyed because of defense but nobody has considered that their defense could get worn down by the 3 and out offense. Wasn't that the talk on here about the Vols. 3-n-out offense, defense worn down could not stop the other team. The team they touted as being so good because they beat LSU scored 45 points to do it. Saturdays team may not get 10 points even against LSU.

Yeah but how you going to chose between 6 or 8 teams with 2 losses, none of which won their conference?

The point is, it won't matter. If they wanted in, they should have been unbeaten. They can't try because they can point to the losses. FSU, literally, is unblemished like 2004 Auburn.

If FSU beats Georgia, Boo Corrigan may be a dead man walking in college sports forever.
But I think deep down we all know UGA is about to obliterate them. This will be the one time Kirby won't have to motivate them to be dominant.

But I think deep down we all know UGA is about to obliterate them. This will be the one time Kirby won't have to motivate them to be dominant.
No we don't.... The same CFP that said Bama is better than FSU is the same CFP who says Georgia and Ohio State are not better than FSU.... All while dropping #1 Georgia to #6 lol

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Yeah I’m done taking this joke of a sport seriously. How in the **** do you punish a team because a player got hurt. Sick for those kids that busted their asses off all season.
remember they did the same to us last year by putting us behind Bama

Reactions: papatomany
I don’t think so. College football postseason isn’t like college basketball. The bowls own the rights. The CFP committee is separate from the NCAA. I think it’s called the CFP Administration or something like that.

I’d be surprised is the NCAA didn’t get a cut even if small. I’m pretty sure there is an event sanctioned by the NCAA, they get paid

Look, Florida State would be in if they didn’t lose their starting QB… if they had to play their schedule again without said QB they wouldn’t be in a position to be in the CFP… I didn’t want to see them in because I’m pretty confident they would get boatraced for lack of offensive production from the QB… it would be like us getting in without Hooker last year.

The product will be better with FSU not there
A team loses their QB and still manages to go undefeated because of their defense and gets punished for that???? WTH???

This was a borderline evil decision.

And if they had taken Alabama over Tennessee last year (they would have) that would have been bad too. Although not this bad because we weren't sitting there at 13-0. If you had told anyone before the season that FSU would go 13-0 and get left out of the playoff people would have laughed in your face.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I think people or more upset because it’s Bama. If it had been Ole Miss, in this same situation, people would be carrying the SEC flag and claiming they should be in over an undefeated Florida State (ACC). Even more, put Tennessee in that category, one loss and beating #1 in the SEC Championship, would you still think FSU should get the nod over the SEC Champion (with the stronger SOS)?

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
A team loses their QB and still manages to go undefeated because of their defense and gets punished for that???? WTH???

This was a borderline evil decision.

And if they had taken Alabama over Tennessee last year (they would have) that would have been bad too. Although not this bad because we weren't sitting there at 13-0. If you had told anyone before the season that FSU would go 13-0 and get left out of the playoff people would have laughed in your face.
I think if someone told you an SEC Champ, at 12-1, gets left out of the playoff you would had laughed in their face too.

I think people or more upset because it’s Bama. If it had been Ole Miss, in this same situation, people would be carrying the SEC flag and claiming they should be in over an undefeated Florida State (ACC). Even more, put Tennessee in that category, one loss and beating #1 in the SEC Championship, would you still think FSU should get the nod over the SEC Champion (with the stronger SOS)?
It's not exactly Bama though. What happened is Bama beat UGA which forced the CFP to put Bama into the top 4 since they are SEC champs. The insanity happened when they decided that they needed to try and justify letting Texas in since they beat Bama. In other words, it mattered what Texas did on the field but not FSU.

If UGA had won, the rankings would have all stayed the same. FSU dropped because UGA lost. Brilliant!

You are making a false equivalency. Were there 5 Undefeated P5 champs this year?

Why bring up something that didn’t happen to try to make a point?
Because the original comment is assuming that record is the only or most important qualifier while ignoriinfThe fact that the structure alone shows otherwise.

I’d be surprised is the NCAA didn’t get a cut even if small. I’m pretty sure there is an event sanctioned by the NCAA, they get paid
The NCAA doesn't sanction it. They don't organize it. They're a bystander.

Last edited:
Should have put FSU in and told Bama, UGA and Texas that they shouldn't have lost an F'ing game. FSU did everything in their control.

VN Store

Back