Colorado Springs nightclub shooting

Why would charges from a bomb threat and swat standoff be dropped? Why would the state want to seal those records and make them inaccessible to a background check? Nothing about this says anything fell through the cracks. These were purposeful acts
Soros funded DA?

No it didnt fall through the cracks. State law seals the records if no charges are pressed. That sealing, done on purpose, is not a crack. It's just yet another example of idealism getting in the way of practicality.
Yeah, I think this guy fell through the cracks of the system. Has nothing to do with "idealism".

No it didnt fall through the cracks. State law seals the records if no charges are pressed. That sealing, done on purpose, is not a crack. It's just yet another example of idealism getting in the way of practicality.

So, when the state charges someone and decides they made a mistake... that mistake by the state should be accessible for the world to see forever.

So, when the state charges someone and decides they made a mistake... that mistake by the state should be accessible for the world to see forever.

It's the question of why were the charges dropped. If the police/DA actually made a mistake in arresting/charging then yes I agree with you, the arrest records should be sealed.

It's the question of why were the charges dropped. If the police/DA actually made a mistake in arresting/charging then yes I agree with you, the arrest records should be sealed.

Governmental entities do not operate well when given too much discretion. It is more of an all or nothing situation because nobody will admit to a mistake.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

I think the problem is that when they are sealed we can’t find out what really happened , mistake , not mistake , why were they sealed and why would a state make such a big mistake to charge him only to drop them ?

Why would charges from a bomb threat and swat standoff be dropped? Why would the state want to seal those records and make them inaccessible to a background check? Nothing about this says anything fell through the cracks. These were purposeful acts
Because its state effing law. Why does everyone keep ignoring that fact.

"Asked about those charges on Monday, Mr. Allen, the district attorney, did not directly address them but noted that Colorado has restrictive sealing laws that protect people when charges against them have been dismissed." That quote is from my article in my first or second post, third or fourth in this thread.

It's a state law that kept his background from coming up in a background search.

"Asked about those charges on Monday, Mr. Allen, the district attorney, did not directly address them but noted that Colorado has restrictive sealing laws that protect people when charges against them have been dismissed." That quote is from my article in my first or second post, third or fourth in this thread.

It's a state law that kept his background from coming up in a background search.

Guilt is a qualifying necessity to disqualify gun ownership everywhere.

I understand that but the law itself is a purposeful act. There are no cracks it's the actual design of the system.

I'm more interested in why a swat standoff from a bomb threat led to no charges. Seems that's the bigger oops here

I have alternate conspiracy theories about these shootings as well but that's just me

I didnt write this law or the background checks. Dont look at me. I dont even live in colorado.

I do wonder how this guys past counts as a mistake by the state. There was a police standoff. I am not seeing a lot of gray there.

The system worked as intended. That's not a crack. The idealism was thinking that all these overlapping law were actually intended to keep people safe. Or at least would keep people safe.
True, the idealism was thinking LGBTQ folks would be safe in their own space. I was completely wrong and naïve about that. That is obviously not the case.

You want a Qatari type of government in regards to LGBTQ folks. Yes, you are a hateful bigot.

Again, be specific. I have never said I want a Qatari type response to alternate lifestyles. I don't even know what their full position is. I said we could use that here, talking about their ban on alternate lifestyle symbols in public.

Again, be specific. I have never said I want a Qatari type response to alternate lifestyles. I don't even know what their full position is. I said we could use that here, talking about their ban on alternate lifestyle symbols in public.

So, you’re for laws banning homosexual acts?

VN Store

Back