Columbus teen shot by police

Why even put the cop's identity out there? It's not his responsibility to do so. Let the legal system work. The world, and the crazies of the world, don't need to know his identity. It served no other purpose than to incite. It was a poor decision made in haste, which is what Twitter allows people to do. The fact he removed the Tweet leads me to believe LeBron realized it was a mistake. But by then, the damage has been done. Which leads me back to my complaint that the real problem is Twitter itself. People post things with little to no thought. That's dangerous, IMO.

He didn't put the cops identity out there. It was a screen shot from a video anyone can see if they turned on their televisions. sheesh

We are putting a lot of hand wringing into what might happen. If someone reads Lebron's tweet and does something stupid, that's on that person; not on Lebron.
If they got the identity of the cop from LeBron putting it out there, he bears some responsibility IMO. Again, there was no need to do it, no purpose served.

Reactions: AM64
They need to get in touch with reality
I wouldn't deny that at times in the past there have been outcomes in the legal system that have been influenced by racism. However that doesn't mean that LeBron, as an international superstar, should tweet "You're next!" to 50 million Twitter followers.

I think it paints a pretty accurate picture of the person posting.

Take LJ for example, what of his posts would make you think he isnt the person that the posts would make him out to be?
I don't know him. Haven't sat down with him and had an actual conversation with him. Why would I assume reading a couple of random opinions would give me an accurate depiction of who he is? I guess I'm old school. To really get to know someone, you have to be able to sit across from them and look them in the eye. It's easy to be someone else behind keystrokes.

That's a non-starter for many, because they see it as being racist and rigged against them.
You're right. They do. I guess I'm just more in favor of order nowadays than anarchy and chaos. Damn, I'm getting old.

Let this be a warning. This is what happens when you're forced to stop drinking. You lose your edge.

I don't know him. Haven't sat down with him and had an actual conversation with him. Why would I assume reading a couple of random opinions would give me an accurate depiction of who he is? I guess I'm old school. To really get to know someone, you have to be able to sit across from them and look them in the eye. It's easy to be someone else behind keystrokes.

We will probably just disagree.

He doesnt have 1 post. He has a lot and they have a pattern.

You're right. They do. I guess I'm just more in favor of order nowadays than anarchy and chaos. Damn, I'm getting old.

Let this be a warning. This is what happens when you're forced to stop drinking. You lose your edge.
Oh I am too, but it just shows how much of an intractable situation this seems to be. The different sides agree on basically nothing, absolutely nothing. Whether they be details or bedrock principles.

Why even put the cop's identity out there? It's not his responsibility to do so. Let the legal system work. The world, and the crazies of the world, don't need to know his identity. It served no other purpose than to incite. It was a poor decision made in haste, which is what Twitter allows people to do. The fact he removed the Tweet leads me to believe LeBron realized it was a mistake. But by then, the damage has been done. Which leads me back to my complaint that the real problem is Twitter itself. People post things with little to no thought. That's dangerous, IMO.
Let me see if I can explain my thoughts a different way.

I get the concerns of tweeting out the identity of the cop. Not the wisest decision and may be the reason for redacting the tweet.

With that said, the future of what may happen because of his influence and the stupidity of the public is chastising him for the what if. I don't see a lot of value in that argument.

VN Store

Back