Completely disgusted

My best friend was a Georgia fan all his life, he married a girl that was a Tennessee fan.

Now he is a Tennessee fan, go figure.

It's sad to think about how social relationships work and twist one's personality in order to "fit in". Sports, in general are a large part of our society and a catalyst to many social relationships, so to many people, there is an urge to join the bubbling pot of sports fandomonium to boost their social health. Is there a better way to be a part of every conversation than being perceived as a "fan" of the sports teams on top at a given moment? These types of people don't even care if they're involved in the social interaction for negative reasons (such as being a Tide fan in East TN). I watched a friend become a Gator fan years ago because he saw that he would be involved in more social interactions (though negative), thus fulfilling some sort of need in his soul that I will never understand.
Because the teams on top are the most talked about, there is a rush of people to claim to be a part of that team on top. The same goes for a team that is hated in a certain geographical area: to be the enemy means you matter. Unfortunately, I still see this friend engaged in conversations because of his UF apparel. Occasionally, there will be another Gator "fan" who will very loudly say, "go Gators!" Both of these individuals involved in the interaction will then bask in the negative attention received from the masses.
1YZIP.jpg

Did he have that hat on that Saban displayed with the long trunk?Real niceeeeeeeeee, just might get a free bowl of soup

spineless, I usually make a point to wear more UT gear when they are down, just to show that I support them in the low times.

Reactions: 3 people
Saw a guy that I went to school with some years ago and back then he was a Vol fan but when I saw him this time he had on an Alabama hat and shirt. Needless to say I really had nothing to talk to him about so I turned and went the other way. There is nothing that disgusts me more than a bandwagon fan, especially a Tennessee "fan" that would start cheering for the Tide.

What a punk. Guys like this make up about 85% of the Bammer fan base.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw a guy that I went to school with some years ago and back then he was a Vol fan but when I saw him this time he had on an Alabama hat and shirt. Needless to say I really had nothing to talk to him about so I turned and went the other way. There is nothing that disgusts me more than a bandwagon fan, especially a Tennessee "fan" that would start cheering for the Tide.

You should have just shot him.You cant fix stupid.It disgusts me to see all the trashy Alabama signs and stickers on peoples cars in my state .Go live down their you morons get the f out of Tennessee. Lets clean Tn. up.Send all the bammers home to alabama with a gator fan under one arm and a dog fan under the other.

I imagine if we ever beat the Tide three or four in a roll again you would see him with Tennessee hat and shirt again. Those are fans we don't need.

I know a girl that was all about UT. Her dad is a huge UT fan

She married a Florida fan and is all about the Gators now

I just don't get it. Change husbands not teams

Reactions: 4 people
Saw the same thing at the hardware store the other day. The owner had a Vols shirt on one day and a bama shirt the next. I bought something the first day. The second day I went on to Lowes.

Reactions: 2 people
I know a girl that was all about UT. Her dad is a huge UT fan

She married a Florida fan and is all about the Gators now

I just don't get it. Change husbands not teams
Had a wife that didn't like my dog.
It was him or her.
He's still here.
UT would be an even easier decision.

Reactions: 4 people

Did he marry his sister since you last saw him?

Wait until u see how many new user names start to pop up after we Rise To The Top, again! It personally disgusts me as well!

Never had orange blood running through his veins in 1st place. I live in Jax fl gator fans all around next door. I will always love my Vols. .. I grew up 30 miles north of KTown. Something about those hills. you can take the man out of the hills but you will never take the hills out of the man. I hope BJ puts that punch in the mouth style football back in the vols. that is the winning formula..hit hard they don't know more..

I live 5 miles from where Johnny Majors played HS Football and 5 Miles from where Phillip played HS Football..... close to Tn/bama line. I hate to see these butt heads wearing the crimson when they are winning and Orange when we are winning. I always tell them you were born and raised in Tennessee and if bama is your team then Move. Because there is land For Sale in bama and I will gladely give you a free weekend (use of truck included) to help move your butt out of my Great State of Tennessee.:angry:

VN Store

Back