Completely disgusted

In a couple years,you'll see that punk wearing Vols shirts. then you can get the big laugh at the piss ant bandwagger

Walked into Walmart yesterday. A huge section of Alabama stuff. Looked around, no Tennessee section. Kept walking around the store and every few aisles there were little knick knacks of Alabama stuff. Why I understand from a marketing stand point but really? A Walmart in Tennessee and you can only find a simple hat and a backpack with Tennessee on it. Walmart hates us...

I can understand rooting for an SEC team against an out of conference team. But I never, ever root for spama over the Vols...as Dirty Harry might say, that's worse than putting ketchup on a hot dog!

Walked into Walmart yesterday. A huge section of Alabama stuff. Looked around, no Tennessee section. Kept walking around the store and every few aisles there were little knick knacks of Alabama stuff. Why I understand from a marketing stand point but really? A Walmart in Tennessee and you can only find a simple hat and a backpack with Tennessee on it. Walmart hates us...

Did you get the Nicky Satan or Shanker Down Franklin Budda Doll when you were at Walmart?

I noticed the same thing and then I moved all the Alabama gear next to the charcoal and lighter fluid to make my point

tumblr_mfbizkIIC31ryu3g1o1_250.gif

i met some douche at a bar who put on hats for the night for the team that was playing so people would talk to him. he even told me this. as repulsive as sal sunseri eating his 3rd baconator of his breakfast

Reactions: 1 person
Living in tideland I have a lot of bammer friends. One story that is good about a wife changing teams comes from one such tide friend. His wife switched to being a Notre Dame fan after seeing the movie "Rudy" several years ago. Tide fans hate Tennessee and Auburn, but really have a dislike for Notre Dame. That transition was about as funny as it gets for this ole Big Orange fan in tideland.

Another note. My wife who used to care less about football but became a hard core Big Orange fan after all the BS coming at us about Tennessee from bammers. When you live among the enemy, you can give up, give in or just dig in. She's dug in and made me so proud.

Reactions: 3 people
Another note. My wife who used to care less about football but became a hard core Big Orange fan after all the BS coming at us about Tennessee from bammers. When you live among the enemy, you can give up, give in or just dig in. She's dug in and made me so proud.

so how is the marriage going?

It sucks but at the same time, you know some of "Vol Nation" in the 90s were bandwagoners, and likely a good chunk.

Look at basketball, how many Vol fans came out of the woodworks when Pearl started winning?

not sure you were much of a friend if you wrote the guy off for being a bandwagoner.

there are more bama "fans" now than ever before and all they are are retired USC, Miami fans

I love the people on Facebook that always have a tie to a team, no matter what. They're always rooting for the Super Bowl favorite. Or the team that's on a streak. Or they know a pitcher by first name that came out of nowhere. Or they're a Bama fan that roots for Auburn but really only loves Bama, except when they need to root for LSU. And they think that Florida is nothing but thugs, but really loved Tim Tebow. They're from Jackson, TN but they're huge Yankees, Longhorns, Lakers, LeBron, Bama, UK bball, Braves, and Grizzlies fans. And they have a distant connection to Johnny Football somehow, that they made sure everyone knew, but next year they're going to be inside the inner circle of AJ McCarron, Braxton Miller, or whoever brings home the Heisman.

I have lived in Bama since 1997. Have many tide friends and an FSU wife who has warmed to the vols over time since 1999. My friends respect me more for never faltering on my alma mater and always sporting my orange. Some have even come to my defense as if I have needed it after all of these years. This also has instilled strong character in both of my children (daughter 10 and son 8) who love the vols and love going to games to be immersed in orange instead of crimson. People who can flip at a whim just don't understand the meaning of being a volunteer, plain and simple.

Ther will be some orange on my gravestone, mark it down.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back