COVID Relief Package

true but this bill is about to turn already negative Federal income tax liability into extra negative Federal income tax liability
I just like that another $350B is set aside for all the struggling cities and states when the overwhelming majority are reporting year over year tax collection growth and forecast beats. The initial $350B has barely been touched. Who knows what ideas these idiots can come up with to blow that cash.

I just like that another $350B is set aside for all the struggling cities and states when the overwhelming majority are reporting year over year tax collection growth and forecast beats. The initial $350B has barely been touched. Who knows what ideas these idiots can come up with to blow that cash.

Yep, all I know is my University has no excuse not to 1) give us raises next year after 2 freezes and 2) make up the retirement contribution they ceased last year.

Given what's coming to the state and the windfall of research dollars the University will reap we better get major raises.

(am I doing it right?)

Reactions: NEO and AM64
Yep, all I know is my University has no excuse not to 1) give us raises next year after 2 freezes and 2) make up the retirement contribution they ceased last year.

Given what's coming to the state and the windfall of research dollars the University will reap we better get major raises.

(am I doing it right?)
I saw Bill Kristol tweet that lefties should be happy so much money is going to governments. Lolz. At this point these people don't care the money came from thin air and might have to be paid back at some point. What do they care they'll be dead.

Reactions: AM64 and volinbham
I saw Bill Kristol tweet that lefties should be happy so much money is going to governments. Lolz. At this point these people don't care the money came from thin air and might have to be paid back at some point. What do they care they'll be dead.

back in the 2008/9 stimulus I recall a university official telling us our school was going to get a big chunk of extra research funding but the problem was it was temporary (3-5 years) and we needed to figure out how to deal with it possibly going away - how could we get the government to pay us in perpetuity?

Reactions: AM64
I have no kids so I don't have to worry about the future. I just want my free money.

My youngest is 36, and neither son will have children. In better (read past) times that would seem sad, but I'm perfectly OK with that.

Reactions: NEO
I have no kids so I don't have to worry about the future. I just want my free money.
One more year of college tuition and I will have spent half a million of hard-earned money putting two kids through fancy colleges.

What they do with that education and whatever they may inherit if I don’t spend money like a crazy man from here on out is on them.

My youngest is 36, and neither son will have children. In better (read past) times that would seem sad, but I'm perfectly OK with that.
Stopping one from slipping past the goalie is never guaranteed. My dad had me after a vasectomy. My younger sister came about after moms tubes were tied. There are no guarantees.

Reactions: AM64
One more year of college tuition and I will have spent half a million of hard-earned money putting two kids through fancy colleges.

What they do with that education and whatever they may inherit if I don’t spend money like a crazy man from here on out is on them.
You spent that much on their education then spend away. Hookers and blow.

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave

Bet right now you wish you had had them take student loans....

VN Store

Back