COVID Relief Package

Crap. Our debt just hit $30T!
I wonder what happens to the market Monday morning.

I pledge here and now to vote for no incumbent in 2022. Rubio or Scott.... I don't care that they voted against this.. They are still complicit.

This has got to stop.

Reactions: davethevol
Big shout out to Lin Wood & Donny! Loved your help in the Georgia senate runoff races. We owe it all to you! MAGA!

I am what is called a compassionate capitalist. There is a difference.

I'm not sure what the definition of that is, but capitalism run to the extreme makes about as much sense as true democracy. Both make more sense than any competing theory as long as democracy is republican rather than mob rule, and capitalism isn't like dumping piranha in the lake. Too often capitalists look only at the profit side of the equation and neglect the other part - the market - the part that makes it all work. You can't take the market for granted; it has to be fed and maintained or it will die just as overworked and unfertilized farmland will die. The middle class and the industrial revolution didn't happen in isolation. Henry Ford had it right about workers as consumers - neglect the worker, export jobs to the market of lowest cost, and eventually many industries run out of consumers. One side of capitalism is profit, but the other side is stewardship - care and maintenance of the market - populace of a country as a whole.

Government with overt union support has worked to the detriment of the market side by helping overprice US labor. Anybody thinking China is a market for western manufacturing is a fool. One of the remaining western markets in China is about to go under - the Chinese are building their own aircraft. Right now their airlines are just deferring delivery of aircraft from other manufacturers while accepting delivery of domestically produced aircraft, but it won't be long before those are cancellations. The Chinese business model is simply "buy and copy" or for simpler stuff just "hack and copy".

The Y-20: A (Big) Chinese Knockoff

China's big three airlines put off Boeing and Airbus deliveries

China’s COMAC CR929 Is Serious Competition For The Boeing 787

It's called a victory lap. Joe's doin' work. Republigoons are still upset over Dr. Seuss.

While you’re doing victory laps, Joe is working all right. Working on breaking most of his campaign promises, harming the country, furthering the divide, and acting more like a dictator than Trump ever thought about. Take another lap while you’re at it so Joe can start taking rights away. The attack on our elections is up next!

While you’re doing victory laps, Joe is working all right. Working on breaking most of his campaign promises, harming the country, furthering the divide, and acting more like a dictator than Trump ever thought about. Take another lap while you’re at it so Joe can start taking rights away. The attack on our elections is up next!
What campaign promises? What campaign?

VN Store

Back