Crime Ridden Memphis

Memphis is a shrinking market and isn’t good for my future career. The best years, if there ever were any, are far behind it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Knoxville surpasses Memphis in market size in the next decade or so.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Same. Lived inside the 240 loop for the 1st 23 years of my life. Cordova for the next few. Suburbs ever since. Memphis is beyond salvation at this point I think. I hope they can get rid of Mulroy and Halbert, but they are only a small part of the problems.

It’s a terrible place to make a living and raise a family. All I hear about is the stories from the 60s-80s but those days are the past. I plan to leave and never make an attempt to come back.

As a lifelong Memphian, I side with the state of TN in removing Mulroy.

I’m also glad that the state filed a motion to remove the Shelby Co Clerk, Wanda Halbert, from office.

So much incompetence in Memphis. It’s unfortunate; and it’s why I’m on my way out, when the opportunity presents. I’ve given up.

I've lost half my staff the past 9 months due to people wanting to leave Memphis....

After 10 years in MidTown we finally gave up. Pulled up stakes and headed east into Germantown.

It’s quiet out here. Still getting used to it.

After 10 years in MidTown we finally gave up. Pulled up stakes and headed east into Germantown.

It’s quiet out here. Still getting used to it.

I’m in Germantown too. Grew up in Collierville.

I still get the sense that crime is shifting east. Germantown and Collierville will be in the same shape as East Memphis and Midtown in the next 5-10 years.

I’m in Germantown too. Grew up in Collierville.

I still get the sense that crime is shifting east. Germantown and Collierville will be in the same shape as East Memphis and Midtown in the next 5-10 years.
Crime certainly does creep.

It's why they used to develop housing with natural barriers like rivers and rail line.

It’s also why Germantown polices their border with such vigor. They don’t appear to be willing to absorb an incursion simply laying down. 🤷‍♀️

It's why they used to develop housing with natural barriers like rivers and rail line.

It’s also why Germantown polices their border with such vigor. They don’t appear to be willing to absorb an incursion simply laying down. 🤷‍♀️

The wife graduated from Germantown HS. Looks like a small college.

If you take Detroit, sprinkle in worse schools, more crime, tornadoes, and excessive heat you get Memphis....
Lived in Memphis in the mid/late 80s. Got tired of vehicles being stolen or attempted. Went back to south Georgia. Missed Erica's, Folks Folly, the Chicks and the Peabody, but that was pretty much it.

Watch your speed for sure along Southern border of Germantown...

Once criminals get onto 385, they are home free since Memphis police won't do anything...

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back