Crime Ridden Memphis

The State neglecting Memphis for decades is a contributing factor in all this mess...

Memphis has 1 of the next 70 TDOT projects over the next 10 years. 15% of the population and 1% of the spend. Instead of building the infrastructure to support Memphis's distribution advantages, it is willingly allowing it to crumble for political reasons....

The highway patrol doesn't even pretend to patrol in Shelby County. The city and counry have to take resources to patrol roads that are the state's respinsibility. The city has to take millions from their budget to fill potholes on roads that are the state’s responsibility.

There are a lot of people responsible for the mess Memphis is in..
Starting with Memphis voters.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Well, I can you give a lot of examples where Federal money has made a huge difference. Memphis is mired in a humanitarian crisis. We have to attempt to do something to save these children. Their parents are incapable.
You going to take them away from their parents?

Reactions: hog88
The problem is the state of Tennessee won't help. There's not enough money in Memphis to bring about substantive change, and all of the non-profits in Memphis compete for a small pie of funding. I don't think they can or would work together at the level required to turn the tide. I'm talking about money for remedial adult education, early childhood development, including nutritional and medical help (many aren't even vaccinated) and and complete overhaul of education. All of these things are connected. If the feds can't help, the cause is likely lost.
The people of Memphis have to decide they no longer want to do what they're doing because it has failed and failed and failed. Would be amazing if they stopped electing idiots for both local and state representation. Quit accepting piss poor teachers. Piss poor board of education members. Until they do, nothing will change if the entire discretionary budget of the US was devoted to Memphis.

Giving money to people who have zero interest in changing their own lives is pissing money away.

Giving money to people who have zero interest in changing their own lives is pissing money away.
Educating children and making sure they have good nutrition isn't "giving" them money. We're talking about starting in the first 18 months of their lives. There's no life to change yet. We could also use the money to incentivize women to not have kids instead of paying them to have kids.

Educating children and making sure they have good nutrition isn't "giving" them money. We're talking about starting in the first 18 months of their lives. There's no life to change yet. We could also use the money to incentivize women to not have kids instead of paying them to have kids.
We should be making it more lucrative not to breed.

Right now - we pay them to pup.

We should be making it more lucrative not to breed.

Right now - we pay them to pup.

Well, that's precisely what I said. But that's a bridge too far for a lot of people. If you can barely read and write, can't make a stable living and have horrible life habits, what makes you think you're qualified to raise a child? If you do, those children will struggle in school and end up having similar lives or worse.

Yes it is giving money.

Yes it is giving money.

And what do you propose for solving the problems in Memphis? There is a Christian responsibility to one's fellow man. A responsibility beyond building more prisons. There are limits, but the churches can't do it. Non-profits have failed.

I've written about my ideas, but I see little hope in them being enacted. The current mayor is hopelessly naive and misdirected. Even a good mayor would be overwhelmed, and the wealthy power brokers in Memphis only want more cameras and more police. It doesn't address the long term problem. I feel as hopeless about the future in Memphis as I do about our ability to effectively address climate change.

And what do you propose for solving the problems in Memphis? There is a Christian responsibility to one's fellow man. A responsibility beyond building more prisons. There are limits, but the churches can't do it. Non-profits have failed.

I've written about my ideas, but I see little hope in them being enacted. The current mayor is hopelessly naive and misdirected. Even a good mayor would be overwhelmed, and the wealthy power brokers in Memphis only want more cameras and more police. It doesn't address the long term problem. I feel as hopeless about the future in Memphis as I do about our ability to effectively address climate change.

oh brother

Already said. They have to decide they want better and start living and voting that way. They elect clowns, get a circus as a result and they cry no one wants to pay to see it.

Taylor sets up Hotline For Tips on DA Mulroy as he pursues ouster​

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — State Sen. Brent Taylor created a hotline so those who have had a negative experience with the District Attorney’s office can share information privately.

Taylor said he set up the line so crime victims and current and former staff members could share their experiences with Mulroy.

The number to call or text is 901-501-5079. Those interested can also email DAInfo2024@gmail.com

Reactions: davethevol
Okay, your last sentence I’m going to have to agree with.. when I lived in Louisiana I worked with a tech who had.,,, 13 kids., and not quite sure how many baby daddies in the equation .. and lived in government housing... as a woman, I was like oh my god 😂.. it’s a lifestyle for some people.. a very weird and sad one to me.. but, whatever

Reactions: Vol since 77

VN Store

Back