Culinary, Arts, Thread.

IMHO, Alabama white sauce is doctored up mayo. "Spicy mayo." Now, mayo may have its place on a cold chicken sandwich, but it has no business near hot smoked chicken. Just... no.
Hated bama sauce, hate mayo too. Unless it's mixed into something (deviled eggs)

Reactions: joevol33
@508mikey

This should work for you.

1/2 cup mayonnaise, not Miracle whip.
1/2 Teaspoon yellow mustard.
1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
1/2 Teaspoon hot prepared horseradish.
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt.
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper.
1/8 Teaspoon (3 finger pinch) powdered garlic.
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper.
2 Tablespoons apple juice.

I like coarse sea salt and coarse fresh ground pepper, like 3 good turns from a mill.

That may be a little too much salt so you may want to go with half that and salt to taste. But wait until you've added everything else.

Opposite with the horseradish, you might want to add more, but start with that and add more at the end if you want.

This isn't supposed to be hot, so if you want it hotter add more cayenne and horseradish.

You can double everything except the Mayo, don't put any mayo. Take half and put in a container big enough to marinate your chicken in and add 1/4 melted butter. Then marinate the chicken overnight 10-24 hours.

Then add the 1/2 cup of mayo to the other half and mix for finishing sauce, or you can baste with it. Whatever, its a good one IMO.

Or don't, just make the sauce.

Reminder: everything is TEAspoon except for the Apple Juice, its TABLEspoon. Don't forget.

Miracle Whip should be outlawed.

I hit post reply by mistake, I'm not finished. Lol. Wtf? I'm editing.
We make spinach Maria for Christmas, and my son especially loves it.

The first Christmas at my married daughter’s home, she made the spinach with tablespoons instead of teaspoons of the red pepper flakes. We did our best, but my son was the only one who could eat it. He’s still mildly pizzed that she won’t make it that way again. 1554255160021.gif1554255165186.gif

Mayo is always disgusting.

Always

In fact, in all seriousness, which is frowned upon in the Zone, if you really don’t know about the versatility of mayonnaise, maybe you shouldn’t post about mayonnaise. Im sorry, I’ve tried playing nice, but there is just too much total ignorance posted about mayonnaise all over VN.

In fact, in all seriousness, which is frowned upon in the Zone, if you really don’t know about the versatility of mayonnaise, maybe you shouldn’t post about mayonnaise. Im sorry, I’ve tried playing nice, but there is just too much total ignorance posted about mayonnaise all over VN.
Hahahahaha

Reactions: TopsideVol
My wife uses it instead of ketchup for fries. Eats it in beans, just mixed it with her baked beans. Crazy woman!
She French? Either way, that's taking g it too far. I enjoy using mayonnaise, even like to make my own sometimes. That's one of those items that you learn to appreciate after making it homemade, and tweaking it to get it just right for what you want to use it for. Mayo is misunderstood and underestimated.

She French? Either way, that's taking g it too far. I enjoy using mayonnaise, even like to make my own sometimes. That's one of those items that you learn to appreciate after making it homemade, and tweaking it to get it just right for what you want to use it for. Mayo is misunderstood and underestimated.
Not French, but she is a dawg fan😂

Reactions: hmanvolfan
how-to-eat-mayonnaise-step-1-throw-it-in-the-trash.jpg

VN Store

Back