Culinary, Arts, Thread.

That's a beautiful salad.
It's amazing since it has like 5 lbs of cheese on it. It's from California Dreaming - they have locations in Charleston, Columbia, Atlanta area, Greenville, and Augusta. Had one here in Charlotte, but it closed 😭

Reactions: Souce
But what if I haven’t seen a single one of these movies and probably never will?

No kidding, I have no idea what this is about.
Batman is the better movie, but Gal Gadot is gorgeous. That's all the help I can offer😆

But what if I haven’t seen a single one of these movies and probably never will?

No kidding, I have no idea what this is about.

Ok, I voted for Wonder Woman. Unclear as to what the hell this is about, but ok, sure. View attachment 202633

Was just trying to get others involved, no biggie. Thanks for voting.

Batman is not better than Wonder Woman. Joe is drunk again.

I use Amish bleu and Gorgonzola, garlic, buttermilk, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and a dash of Worcestershire. Can you tell me what I’m missing or is it that I’m off on measurements?

What's wrong with it? I mean, there's alot to it dressings, sometimes you're better off with a store bought. Do you like a strong or mild Blue cheese flavor? What about your guests? It's hard to please everyone, especially with Blue Cheese dressing.

Two things I'd look at first that will make or break it. No pun intended on the break. If it does break, add more mayonnaise to correct it.

Personally I knew Blue cheese made with raw milk vs pasturized. It's stronger and more pungent. If you want to spend a little money and go out of your way, I like Maytag, you can get it at Whole foods or online. Roth is really good, but I like Boars head better, it's stronger. Both you can get at Publix in the deli section.

Mayonnaise. It's important to use mayo that's not high in fructose and doesn't use canola oil. Canola oil oxidizes and will pick up other flavors that you don't want. Use Hellman's, Dukes or make your own.

Those are the two most important items. Yea, the measurements will make a difference obviously, but then again, it's your personal preference. How much Blue cheese do you use? If I use a cup of mayo a cup of sc and a cup of buttermilk, I'll use about 10-12 oz of crumbles. I use buttermilk, sour cream and Hellman's, occasionally I'll make the mayo and sour cream, but usually Hellman's. I also use fresh garlic not powdered. And...your issue could be as simple as being afraid to use salt. So many people are afraid of salt. Do be skirt to use salt. Gotta have cracked pepper too. Do you use lemon juice or vinegar? What kind?

Brb.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
What's wrong with it? I mean, there's alot to it dressings, sometimes you're better off with a store bought. Do you like a strong or mild Blue cheese flavor? What about your guests? It's hard to please everyone, especially with Blue Cheese dressing.

Two things I'd look at first that will make or break it. No pun intended on the break. If it does break, add more mayonnaise to correct it.

Personally I knew Blue cheese made with raw milk vs pasturized. It's stronger and more pungent. If you want to spend a little money and go out of your way, I like Maytag, you can get it at Whole foods or online. Roth is really good, but I like Boars head better, it's stronger. Both you can get at Publix in the deli section.

Mayonnaise. It's important to use mayo that's not high in fructose and doesn't use canola oil. Canola oil oxidizes and will pick up other flavors that you don't want. Use Hellman's, Dukes or make your own.

Those are the two most important items. Yea, the measurements will make a difference obviously, but then again, it's your personal preference. How much Blue cheese do you use? If I use a cup of mayo a cup of sc and a cup of buttermilk, I'll use about 10-12 oz of crumbles. I use buttermilk, sour cream and Hellman's, occasionally I'll make the mayo and sour cream, but usually Hellman's. I also use fresh garlic not powdered. And...your issue could be as simple as being afraid to use salt. So many people are afraid of salt. Do be skirt to use salt. Gotta have cracked pepper too. Do you use lemon juice or vinegar? What kind?

Brb.
I use all of what you mentioned except lemon juice and I think you hit on the problem, sounds like the mayo maybe the culprit. Since I’m not a fan, probably the brand I’m using. Thanks Behr.

Brb.
I have lost my mind. At first when ORB wrote “dressing”, my mind went to turkey etc dressing, as in Thanksgiving. From there it just got weirder and weirder! 😲

I use all of what you mentioned except lemon juice and I think you hit on the problem, sounds like the mayo maybe the culprit. Since I’m not a fan, probably the brand I’m using. Thanks Behr.

That's one of the reasons I'm so passionate about the culinary arts, it's obviously not in the same universe in importance or prestigious, but it's alot like practicing medicine in the way of just being infinite in information.

Blah blah blah, yeah, the mayo could be adding an unwanted and unneeded sweetness and/or other flavors.

It's amazing the information available just on cheese. I spent over two weeks, like probably 40 hours total on Parmigiana Reggiano vs Parmesan cheese.

Then there's mushrooms. And don't even mention olive oil.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
That's one of the reasons I'm so passionate about the culinary arts, it's obviously not in the same universe in importance or prestigious, but it's alot like practicing medicine in the way of just being infinite in information.

Blah blah blah, yeah, the mayo could be adding an unwanted and unneeded sweetness and/or other flavors.

It's amazing the information available just on cheese. I spent over two weeks, like probably 40 hours total on Parmigiana Reggiano vs Parmesan cheese.

Then there's mushrooms. And don't even mention olive oil.

Probably makes me a little nerdy because I find all of it fascinating.

Best covered dish for a 4/20 pot luck dinner?

Three ideas
  1. Homemade chicken & dumplings
  2. Cheesy potato casserole made with Gruyere cheese
  3. Mississippi caviar - a salad of peas (black-eyed, white acre, seminole), finely chopped sweet onion, celery, sweet & hot peppers (varied colors, e.g. red, yellow & orange sweet plus green jalapeño) lightly dressed in a vinaigrette; serve with scooping corn chips or romaine lettuce leaves and pipitas or sunflower seeds - spoon the pea sad into the romaine lettuce leaf, sprinkle with pepitas or sunflower seeds, fold and eat like a taco

VN Store

Back