Culinary, Arts, Thread.

th

Oh, Meryl Streep and it ain't close. That SNL skit was awesome, but Julie and Julia is one if my favorite movies about food. Streep was amazing.

Yea, I know how gay that is, I Dgas.

It is a great movie. I am also a fan of Big Night.

While I don’t think I have watched it with audio, I really like Ratatouille. My favorite restaurant in Napa often had it on in the bar area.

It is a great movie. I am also a fan of Big Night.

While I don’t think I have watched it with audio, I really like Ratatouille. My favorite restaurant in Napa often had it on in the bar area.

Ratatouille is a favorite too. No Reservations is at the top of my list. The series Kitchen Confidential is the best though. Big Night I thought was okay.

Ratatouille is a favorite too. No Reservations is at the top of my list. The series Kitchen Confidential is the best though. Big Night I thought was okay.
I loved watching Anthony Bourdain. I’ve got one of his cookbooks at home (I’m not at home, but will be one day!) - I’m pretty sure it’s the Les Halles one.

I was kinda surprised in a sad way that he made it as long as he did. Such a loss.

What’s the series (not Bourdain; I think it’s Andrew something?) that is specifically devoted to eating the inedible? Eeewww.

Also, @Behr, what do you think of the (Netflix?) series by the Korean-American chef* that looks at food through culture-ethnic traditions**? I liked the one set in NOLA-Houston dealing with Vietnamese-Cajun fusion cooking. Is there really such “we don’t do that here” attitude in cuisine?

* too lazy to google this; bite me as Joe would say

** Ugly Delicious; chef David Chang; Season 1 Episode 4. I also liked the one about Nashville hot chicken. Fun watching grown men cry. 😄

Last edited:
What’s the series (not Bourdain; I think it’s Andrew something?) that is specifically devoted to eating the inedible? Eeewww.

Also, @Behr, what do you think of the (Netflix?) series by the Korean-American chef* that looks at food through culture-ethnic traditions? I liked the one set in NOLA-Houston dealing with Vietnamese-Cajun fusion cooking. Is there really such “we don’t do that here” in cuisine?

Zimmermann I believe.

Reactions: VolNExile

Also, @Behr, what do you think of the (Netflix?) series by the Korean-American chef* that looks at food through culture-ethnic traditions? I liked the one set in NOLA-Houston dealing with Vietnamese-Cajun fusion cooking. Is there really such “we don’t do that here” attitude in cuisine?

Bizzare Foods w Andrew Zimmern

Bourdain was old school, like me and if I had gone the "famous celebrity" route, I'd probably ended up just like him, sooner.

I'm not comparing myself to him as in talent or knowledge, only experiences, business beliefs and demons. He was hardcore.

Also, @Behr, what do you think of the (Netflix?) series by the Korean-American chef* that looks at food through culture-ethnic traditions? I liked the one set in NOLA-Houston dealing with Vietnamese-Cajun fusion cooking. Is there really such “we don’t do that here” attitude in cuisine?

th

th

VN Store

Back