Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I use it in salsa if I'm in a hurry and don't have time for the stuff to sit and meld in the fridge for a day or so

Does your salsa you use garlic powder in contain jalapeno?
Anyone else watch cooking shows? I can’t stand “Pioneer Woman”.

I used to, but haven't in several years. I could not stand Barefoot Contessa.

Reactions: MphsBlues and Souce
Does your salsa you use garlic powder in contain jalapeno?

I used to, but haven't in several years. I could not stand Barefoot Contessa.
Agree on Barefoot Contessa. Use to enjoy Iron Chef. Now it’s just about all trash. Trisha Yearwood with a show, ugh.

Reactions: Behr
You guys is killin me here with minced, peeled, cloves, chopped, sliced... Lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised no one has garlic salt. They should ban it.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Lol @tnuhcvols

Thank you!!!

I spoke too soon about the garlic salt. :)

I was asking for a reason(s). I've never seen a bag like that. Is that from Kroger?

Kroger, garlic salt is reserved for quick & lazy burger seasoning.
It's just too salty for me.

I use the Spice World chopped garlic and roasted garlic. I buy the 4.5 oz to use for my honey and garlic. I take half out and put it in an empty one and fill both with raw honey. Perfect!

So, no one uses fresh head garlic anymore?

I use the Spice World chopped garlic and roasted garlic. I buy the 4.5 oz to use for my honey and garlic. I take half out and put it in an empty one and fill both with raw honey. Perfect!

Yeah, I buy head of garlic, should not have said cloves.

I do. I have a friend that grows it and it’s the best garlic I’ve ever tasted. All about the type of soil you grow it in, that’s what he tells me. Usually get it in June, when he digs it up. Didn’t realize they even made garlic salt anymore.

Anyone have garlic on hand right now? In what form(s)?
I buy the minced garlic from Costco. I don’t notice a significant enough difference from fresh cloves. I use powder with the meatballs, soups and chili

Never have, just keep an eye on them and remove at the right time for the heads to benefit. I replant some when I harvest. Should be seeing them by now.

Never have, just keep an eye on them and remove at the right time for the heads to benefit. I replant some when I harvest. Should be seeing them by now.

I grow it (garlic) just for the scapes, that's what prompted this discussion . I used to grow it but I use so much I just don't have the patience or the space.

I read an article about cutting the scapes to benefit the growth of the heads. It said they benefit more by leaving them alone FYI.

Reactions: tnuhcvols
I buy the minced garlic from Costco. I don’t notice a significant enough difference from fresh cloves. I use powder with the meatballs, soups and chili

Dry minced or the fresh in a jar with water or oil?

Doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Without going searching for a recipe or something like that. Do you season with the scapes or what.....?

VN Store

Back