Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Without going searching for a recipe or something like that. Do you season with the scapes or what.....?

I use them just like I would scallions. Just used them on my eggs.

Here's the part of the article about cutting the scapes. I don't think it's a big deal but it's interesting. Like I said, I grow it just for the scapes so unless you're growing garlic for sale, who cares. I had it bookmarked..

I spent most of my gardening life cutting off the flowering scapes of hardneck garlic so they wouldn't draw energy from the bulbs. Then I read a story about a garlic growing guru who said it didn't matter a whit.

Well, it isn't really much bother. Tender young scapes are delicious and older, curly ones look wonderful in the vase. I set up an experiment, allotting 30 spaces each, in two rows, and planting the same variety in both of them. When the garlic were about half-grown, we set about cutting the scapes, but only from one row of the plants. At harvest, after trimming, we got 5 pounds of garlic out of the cut row, 6.5 pounds out of the one we left alone.

Reactions: Souce and tnuhcvols
Garlic cloves, still in bulbs, probably with little green shoots coming out 😄

Granulated garlic for grilling, rubs etc

Plant those cloves and let those "green shoots" grow. Cut them and use them.

I use granulated almost as much as fresh.

Reactions: Souce
I use them just like I would scallions. Just used them on my eggs.

Here's the part of the article about cutting the scapes. I don't think it's a big deal but it's interesting. Like I said, I grow it just for the scapes so unless you're growing garlic for sale, who cares. I had it bookmarked..
Interesting. I’ll be honest, I didn’t know you could use them.

Any of you familiar with the breed Havanese dogs? I'm not a fan of the "little " dogs, but these are pretty awesome. The associate pastor at my church and his wife have a male and female and breed them. They sell the puppies $2200-2500 !!!! Never knew.

th

While in Korea, I ate out a lot. You aren't getting fat on a Korean food diet, just ain't happening. Anywho, most of the restaurants I visited had a grill at/in the table I dined at.

Bulgogi (sp?) was my favorite main dish and Kimche(sp?) my favorite side. Garlic cloves on the grill were awesome. One sitting, I ate 11 grilled cloves.

HBPW is happy I shall never return to Korea. She said the smell was overwhelming. Lol

Favorite is ice cream is cookies and cream or the Breyers Heath Bar ice cream. Orange Sherbert tops both, but it ain’t ice cream.

Now explain the subtle difference between red, white, sweet, yellow onions. And when to use which. I think I asked before but I don’t read so good and forgot.

VN Store

Back