Culinary, Arts, Thread.

You like potato salad made with mayonnaise, but profess you think mayonnaise is gross.

Now tell me again how me not liking fried batter covered in syrup is weirder. :)
Potato salad, tuna salad etc don’t taste like plain mayo slathered on a sammich or burger. Pancakes, waffles and French toast taste exactly like what they are.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Lol, it tastes almost exactly like mayo.

Go make pancakes, Idgaf. I don't eat them because they're too sweet and soft, kinda like Flan. I told Chupa if she made another Flan in this house I was gonna make her mow the lawn from now on with a push mower.
You should do what I do with pancakes, waffles or French toast. I never use pancake syrup, always use fruit compote or preserves or jam in a pinch. Totally different taste.

You should do what I do with pancakes, waffles or French toast. I never use pancake syrup, always use fruit compote or preserves or jam in a pinch. Totally different taste.

Believe it not, my dad always told me to keep trying food, even when you don’t like them, because our taste buds change as we get older (probably a trick by parents)., but I always have.

Believe it not, my dad always told me to keep trying food, even when you don’t like them, because our taste buds change as we get older (probably a trick by parents)., but I always have.
He’s right. There’s several foods I hated as a kid that I now like. Bell peppers comes to mind. Several years ago I tried a stuffed bell pepper and liked it. Like cooked bell peppers better than raw ones though.

He’s right. There’s several foods I hated as a kid that I now like. Bell peppers comes to mind. Several years ago I tried a stuffed bell pepper and liked it. Like cooked bell peppers better than raw ones though.

Yea, I know. I used to hate shrimp, still do. I’ve learned it’s not the taste (love it), it’s the fricking texture. In my generation, who knew that could be a thing?

My grandma used to make a pancake with flour and water, and use karo syrup. They were so good.

VN Store

Back