Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Anyone have an image of a rib cap steak? Behr, what would you recommend for cooking a rib cap? Grill to medium rare - medium? Serve with green peppercorn sauce?

Mayonnaise tastes like falling into swamp mud.

Nice fresh slice of Wonder bread with a fried egg, couple of slices of thick hickory smoked bacon, nice thick slice of homegrown tomato, little ice cold lettuce, a slice of melted baby Swiss cheese and a little Hellman's slathered across another fresh piece of Wonder bread...

Shut you moufuses. If'n that don't put a little lead in your pencil just thinking about sinking them little Buck teef in that sammich.... I need to see your birth certificate son!

Nice fresh slice of Wonder bread with a fried egg, couple of slices of thick hickory smoked bacon, nice thick slice of homegrown tomato, little ice cold lettuce, a slice of melted baby Swiss cheese and a little Hellman's slathered across another fresh piece of Wonder bread...

Shut you moufuses. If'n that don't put a little lead in your pencil just thinking about sinking them little Buck teef in that sammich.... I need to see your birth certificate son!
all good but NO lettuce

has no purpose or flavor - like a horse eating grass
Has both.

Purpose = color for aesthetics, presentation... Yellow, red, green, white, dark brown. Texture (slight crunch) and temperature contrast.. Hot and cold.

Flavor = level out saltiness, add bitterness to the umami.

Reactions: VolNExile
Has both.

Purpose = color for aesthetics, presentation... Yellow, red, green, white, dark brown. Texture (slight crunch) and temperature contrast.. Hot and cold.

Flavor = level out saltiness, add bitterness to the umami.
the bacon, cheese, egg, mayo and even the tomato have enough flavor to eliminate the needless green

Weird.. That horse eating grass wasn't there when I quoted that. I don't understand that either. What's that got to do with a sammich?

Why do you think the Sicilians put those damned pistachios in cannoli's ?

the bacon, cheese, egg, mayo and even the tomato have enough flavor to eliminate the needless green

It's all about balance Mikey. You don't like lettuce and that's fine, but you're just wrong that it serves no purpose, adds no flavor, is needless and is the same as a horse eating grass.

I'm not sure why you have so much dislike for something that literally makes no difference whether it's on your sandwich or not.

Weird.. That horse eating grass wasn't there when I quoted that. I don't understand that either. What's that got to do with a sammich?

Why do you think the Sicilians put those damned pistachios in cannoli's ?
well pistachios are good (and expensive) - in USA they use chocolate chips instead --- if a horse had a choice of something other than grass - say a apple - which would it choose ?

Reactions: hmanvolfan
It's all about balance Mikey. You don't like lettuce and that's fine, but you're just wrong that it serves no purpose, adds no flavor, is needless and is the same as a horse eating grass.

I'm not sure why you have so much dislike for something that literally makes no difference whether it's on your sandwich or not.
I guess cause I usually have to say no lettuce or onions whenever I order -- they cant just put the crap on the side - no they gots to pile it on the sammich or Whopper

Reactions: Behr

This, is a flawless sammich.

VN Store

Back