CWS-Other Games

FSU has a really good team. I think they might be the 2nd best team in Omaha.

That being said, I really like our chance to finish this off tomorrow. We have Zander, who’s been our best starter over the past monthish, and then we have litterally every pitcher available as well (outside of Beam).

The coaches will keep some guys back in case we need to play FSU twice. But I will not be surprised to see us throw the kitchen sink at them if need be.

We have: Zander, Kirby, Combs, Snead, Behnke, Causey, Stamos, Loy, and Phillips all available. Not to mention Garcia who looked really good in his last outing and Dallas.

We win tomorrow and go onto the finals.

Last edited:

That being said, I really like our chance to finish this off tomorrow. We have Zander, whose been our best starter over the past monthish, and then we have litterally every pitcher available as well (outside of Beam).

The coaches will keep some guys back in case we need to play FSU twice. But I will not be surprised to see us throw the kitchen sink at them if need be.

We have: Zander, Kirby, Combs, Snead, Behnke, Causey, Stamos, Loy, and Phillips all available.

Sounds like a plan to me. #GB⚾

FSU is playing like it over the last 3 days, but from a yearlong standpoint it was NCSU. Series wins over Duke, Wake, UNC, UVA, Clemson and a 1-1 split with FSU. FSU had 30+ games to show they were the best and they managed to finish 3rd in their division.
I think NC State just had a tough draw opening vs UK.

That being said, I really like our chance to finish this off tomorrow. We have Zander, who’s been our best starter over the past monthish, and then we have litterally every pitcher available as well (outside of Beam).

We have: Zander, Kirby, Combs, Snead, Behnke, Causey, Stamos, Loy, and Phillips all available. Not to mention Garcia who looked really good in his last outing and Dallas.

Dallas is already playing summer ball.

Seriously? He’s not even with the team during a championship run? Wow. You would think he would want to be there just to experience it all.

The number of players who the team can have travel to Omaha is limited. I'm assuming that is the reason if he's not there.

The number of players who the team can have travel to Omaha is limited. I'm assuming that is the reason if he's not there.
yep 27 players

TRAVEL PARTY/BENCH SIZE/SQUAD SIZE/DUGOUT LIMIT The official travel party for the Men’s College World Series is 35 persons. The number of student-athletes in uniform cannot exceed 27. A maximum of 40 individuals from an institution are allowed in the dugout. A non-rostered bullpen catcher is permitted, but must be included in a team’s 40-person dugout limit. A bat handler, who must be 13 years of age or older, does not count against the maximum dugout limit of 40 individuals. Regardless of age, bat handlers shall be required to wear a protective helmet at all times while on the playing field. At the pre-championship meeting, each coach shall designate the 27 student-athletes who will participate in the Men’s College World Series. A roster form will be provided that should be used to list the 27 student-athletes as well as the 13 additional individuals to be allowed in the dugout during a game. No student-athlete substitutions or modifications will be permitted after the submission of the list for any reason.

Last edited:
that had to be tough to take
yep he came by the house (summer of 2013) and I was like "I bet Omaha was amazing!" and he told me that they did not let him go... he ended up transferring to Belmont and was an All-OVC 1st teamer... heck it was tough for me to take!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back