CWS-Other Games

Just get Arnold’s count up like we did Friday. Force them to the pen by the 5th inning and make them pay. Zander will keep them in check.

I would be interested in your opinion. I think because CMO, Burke, Amick, Ensley KT, etc… have faced him before, based on past experience, we kinda thrive on that, you ain’t gonna get us like that again…what do you think?

I would be interested in your opinion. I think because CMO, Burke, Amick, Ensley KT, etc… have faced him before, based on past experience, we kinda thrive on that, you ain’t gonna get us like that again…what do you think?
I bet my house on it they pitch Christian differently or just pitch around him.

Oh absolutely. And Dreiling too. The more these guys see someone along with Elander’s counsel, the better. They’ve seen his best sliders. And he doesn’t have a changeup like Sprague does. It took us a couple innings to adjust to that. We can hit velocity and sliders. Arnold ain’t Superman. And on 4 days rest, I don’t know that he can go 100 pitches.

Oh absolutely. And Dreiling too. The more these guys see someone along with Elander’s counsel, the better. They’ve seen his best sliders. And he doesn’t have a changeup like Sprague does. It took us a couple innings to adjust to that. We can hit velocity and sliders. Arnold ain’t Superman. And on 4 days rest, I don’t know that he can go 100 pitches.

Thanks, didn’t mean to leave out DD, just off top of the head.

I believe their game 2 starter could possibly be next. Both on shorter than normal rest. They will be hyped for revenge.
One fly in the ointment. With the weather likely postponing things, it gives FSU's team and especially their pitchers added rest. Our advantage of avoiding the loser's bracket is somewhat negated. Don't like the way this thing is setting up especially with our injuries and having to face that FSU lineup again. This is a storm a brewing for the Vols.

Reactions: TechnoVol
One fly in the ointment. With the weather likely postponing things, it gives FSU's team and especially their pitchers added rest. Our advantage of avoiding the loser's bracket is somewhat negated. Don't like the way this thing is setting up especially with our injuries and having to face that FSU lineup again. This is a storm a brewing for the Vols.
What time was our game scheduled for before the rain delay?

Yup, I actually verified and documented that last week at what seemed like a request from @chuckiepoo

It was wasn't even close when it came to wins and losses. Also, I'm NOT going for looks, none of our player look comfortable them because they look too tight, but when I see Burke at almost full stretch at first base, if anything they stretch quite a bit.

Trust me, I'm all about the numbers and facts, not the looks very much at all.
Burke doing the splits in that uni is certainly a site to behold 😂

Reactions: Drewbydoo
They get 3 hours extra if the game is played tomorrow. If it is started at projected time, however if the game is played Thursday vs tomorrow then a you can add a full day, I think they get in 2 games tomorrow. Us being the 2nd game just later than expected.

They get 3 hours extra if the game is played tomorrow. If it is started at projected time, however if the game is played Thursday vs tomorrow then a you can add a full day, I think they get in 2 games tomorrow. Us being the 2nd game just later than expected.
Hope you're right. My gut says the weather gives them an extra day...but I didn't have my prune juice this morning so...

The weather only postponed tonight’s game for UF and UK. Our game only got pushed back an hour.. our pitchers have had plenty of rest compared to theirs.

I bet my house on it they pitch Christian differently or just pitch around him.
The good news is that even if they do, every single guy in our lineup can make you pay. When one is in a slump or getting walked, someone else picks it up. I bet Dreiling and Twars goes off. They’re both seeing the ball very well. If Amick can get out of this mini slump, watch out.

The good news is that even if they do, every single guy in our lineup can make you pay. When one is in a slump or getting walked, someone else picks it up. I bet Dreiling and Twars goes off. They’re both seeing the ball very well. If Amick can get out of this mini slump, watch out.
Hope so. With Amick, when he breaks out of a slump, he does it in a big way. Won't be surprised to see him put one out if and when we get to play tomorrow. Regardless, it's going to come down to pitching as usual. We need the very best version of Zander. Best of all, I suspect we'll have a pretty full deck of cards in the pen to play with. Question is...will it be enough to slow down that FSU offense?

VN Store

Back