Daily Baseball 2013

Your 2nd baseman have combined to hit a robust .183 on the year.

Your Middle IF has a combined 36RBIs. Brandon Phillips has 38 on the year by himself.

Oh, citing RBIs from a month and a half span... This is fun.

Desmond has been pretty close to, if not the, best shortstop in the majors since the start of last year. And yes, I know there are some more talented that have been injured.

Espinosa has mega sucked this year offensively, that's for sure. Looks totally lost. Still great defensively.

Combined fwar along with individual OPS last year:

Nats
Desmond/Espinosa: 8.4fwar

Desmond OPS: .845 Espinosa OPS: .717

Reds
Cozart/Phillips: 6.0fwar

Cozart OPS: .687/Phillips OPS: .750

I'm just saying

Combined fwar along with individual OPS last year:

Nats
Desmond/Espinosa: 8.4fwar

Desmond OPS: .845 Espinosa OPS: .717

Reds
Cozart/Phillips: 6.0

Cozart OPS: .687/Phillips OPS: .750

I'm just saying

Not impressed. Desmond has had exactly 1 good year but has road the suck truck otherwise.

Espinosa has never hit above .247 and strikes out as much as anyone in the league. In fact, he lead the league with 189 last year.

Last edited:
Not impressed. Desmond has had exactly 1 good year but has road the suck truck otherwise.

Espinosa has never hit above .247 and strikes out as much as anyone in the league. In fact, he lead the league wiht 189 last year.

And Cozart is just a perennial star!

Espinosa and Phillips were really similar players last year.

We're not talking about career achievement awards. We're talking about right now. Considering Desmond's "one good year" was last season and he's currently backing it up, I'm positive that counts for the sake of the discussion. Desmond is good.

I hate Espinosa, the person and the player, so you're on your own there. However, Cozart isn't exactly good.

"Not impressed. Those guys aren't on the Reds. No way in hell that good performance means anything."

Espinosa has never hit above .247 and strikes out as much as anyone in the league. In fact, he lead the league wiht 189 last year.

Espinosa is a better defender than Cozart (though Cozart is solid) and has a OBP 26 points higher and an OPS higher than Cozart (Espinosa: .703/Cozart: .666).

Desmond outslugged Phillips mightily last year (90 points) and is still outslugging him this year. They both have the same low on base skills but Phillips hits for a higher average. However, because of Desmond's slugging advantage, OPS goes to Desmond (2012/2013 OPS for Desmond: .845/.778 and Phillips: .750/.781), I'd take Desmond offensively. Phillips is better defensively than Desmond.

Either way, while Phillips is most likely the best player out the bunch (although Desmond is pretty damn good also), I'd rather take the Desmond/Espinosa combo, although it's might damn close.

We're not talking about career achievement awards. We're talking about right now. Considering Desmond's "one good year" was last season and he's currently backing it up, I'm positive that counts for the sake of the discussion. Desmond is good.

I hate Espinosa, the person and the player, so you're on your own there. However, Cozart isn't exactly good.

The 25HRs last year was an absolute fluke in my opinion. We'll see how this year ends up.

The fact that Espinosa is great at 2B and SS is helpful, too. Not that Phillips couldn't play SS, I just don't know.

Desmond would have been in MVP conversations if he hadn't gotten hurt last year.

The 25HRs last year was an absolute fluke in my opinion. We'll see how this year ends up.

Possible, but this year Desmond's ISO power is about the same and 6 homers in 45 games. If Desmond plays 150 games, he's on pace for right around 25.

Espinosa is a better defender than Cozart (though Cozart is solid) and has a OBP 26 points higher and an OPS higher than Cozart (Espinosa: .703/Cozart: .666).

Desmond outslugged Phillips mightily last year (90 points) and is still outslugging him this year. They both have the same low on base skills but Phillips hits for a higher average. However, because of Desmond's slugging advantage, OPS goes to Desmond (2012/2013 OPS for Desmond: .845/.778 and Phillips: .750/.781), I'd take Desmond offensively. Phillips is better defensively than Desmond.

Either way, while Phillips is most likely the best player out the bunch (although Desmond is pretty damn good also), I'd rather take the Desmond/Espinosa combo, although it's might damn close.

This is absurd.

Actually, if Desmond keeps us his LD% (up 2.5% from last year currently) and FB% up (up 6% from last year) and keeps his GB rate down (down 7.5% currently), he'll most likely hit more homers than he did last year considering he only played 135 games.

Possible, but this year Desmond's ISO power is about the same and 6 homers in 45 games. If Desmond plays 150 games, he's on pace for right around 25.

John Buck is on pace to hit 30+. He's hit exactly 20HRs in 1 season and no more than 18 in any other.

Still not impressed.

VN Store

Back