Daily Baseball 2013

If you can't see that Trout is a better base runner and a better defensive player I can't help you. Period. One season or 20 seasons be damned.

I also think he is more complete at the plate. Although Harper is not that far behind. (This is were you could possibly base an argument BTW)

I don't think he's WAY better defensively. And I don't know what more complete at the plate means unless you just mean a tick faster.

If you can't see that Trout is a better base runner and a better defensive player I can't help you. Period. One season or 20 seasons be damned.

I also think he is more complete at the plate. Although Harper is not that far behind. (This is were you could possibly base an argument BTW)

Yeah, but the roids are eventually going to catch up to Trout.

I mean, seriously, his head and neck are just of unnatural size. But, he is quite fun to watch (except when he is destroying the Royals)...though, I expect some pretty significant injuries down the line (of course, if Harper keeps hitting himself with bats and running his face full speed into fences, he cannot stick around very long, either).

Yeah, but the roids are eventually going to catch up to Trout.

I mean, seriously, his head and neck are just of unnatural size. But, he is quite fun to watch (except when he is destroying the Royals)...though, I expect some pretty significant injuries down the line (of course, if Harper keeps hitting himself with bats and running his face full speed into fences, he cannot stick around very long, either).

Unless he started eating roids at 15 (which is not out of the realm of possibility) he has always been thick necked and big headed.

201380.jpg

It's called being gritty TRUT. See Kirk Gibson. I bet Kirk Gibson loves him some Bryce Harper.

Harper's grit >>> Trout's grit

I don't think he's WAY better defensively. And I don't know what more complete at the plate means unless you just mean a tick faster.

I never said way better defensively. I just said better.

Bias aside.

Who do you think is a better outfielder? Doesn't have to be a landslide.

The plate discussion is open for debate, that's more of an opinion, my opinion is Trout edges him out from what we've seen so far.

Trout is so good in center than the Angels are playing him in left this year at least half the time. Good point.

Also, Trout's SB numbers are already trending down from last year due to him blowing up in the offseason to where he now looks like a middle line backer.

Trout, but barely. Harper's arm, but Trout's range and probably Trout's routes and such since he's been playing OF since he was a wee lad.

Trout is so good in center than the Angels are playing him in left this year at least half the time. Good point.

Also, Trout's SB numbers are already trending down from last year due to him blowing up in the offseason to where he now looks like a middle line backer.

Trout moving to LF has a lot more to do with Bourjos' defense than Trout's.

He's also played more games as CF than as a LF this year. So.

Not sure if serious or trolling

Nati this may be a hard concept to grasp. But you can't steal bases if you aren't on base. See Trout's slump to start the season. If he was getting on, he would be leading the AL in stolen bases. Also, there is more important aspects of baserunning than swiping bags. Trout is second in runs scored in the AL and 4th in SB despite playing almost half the season way below his normal curve.

Nati this may be a hard concept to grasp. But you can't steal bases if you aren't on base. See Trout's slump to start the season. If he was getting on, he would be leading the AL in stolen bases. Also, there is more important aspects of baserunning than swiping bags. Trout is second in runs scored in the AL and 4th in SB despite playing almost half the season way below his normal curve.

He also bats leadoff and Harper bats 3rd.

And how in God's name did you determine Trout's "normal" curve after exactly 1 major league season?

I just realized that Brady Anderson was a freakin stud. He simply played way below his normal curve until he turned 32 but was unable to sustain said normalcy there after.

Trout had 639ABs last year and stole 49 bags

Trout has 217ABs this year and has stole 10 bags.

:good!:

Hey dummy. Like I said if you don't get on base you can't steal bases. (last time I checked anyway)

It has more to do with him not getting on base than a "regression" in his stolen bags.

Trout had 639ABs last year and stole 49 bags

Trout has 217ABs this year and has stole 10 bags.

:good!:

He also bats leadoff and Harper bats 3rd.

And how in God's name did you determine Trout's "normal" curve after exactly 1 major league season?

You ask question 1 then follow with a statement that contradicts the previous said statement. You're a real card Nati. LOL.

VN Store

Back