Dalton Knecht....

Here is as Trivia Q for some older Vol Nation Fans: Does anyone remember being in Stokely in either 76 or 77 when UT hosted UK and the entire 12,000 UT fans all held up their Daily Beacons (like we were reading them) when KY players were announced?? We gave them the silent treatment. Had to be there, but it was clever and awesome!!
I was there. In addition, we were all standing in our seats.

Just saw a post on Facebook from a group of UK fans saying Antonio Reeves is a better player than Knecht and should win SEC Player of the year.

They said the only reason Knecht scores 20+ points a night is because he’s our only go to scorer.

Makes me want to beat them at Rupp even more now.
That makes what he has done even more impressive because opposing teams still haven’t figured out a way to stop him. Whenever you only have one guy to stop and you can’t do it, what does that say about your defense?

In 5 true road games this season, Dalton Knecht is now averaging:

31.4ppg (vs 16.6 at home)
5.4reb (vs 4.0 at home)
62% FG (vs 46% at home)
47% 3FG (vs 33% at home)

His road vs home numbers are some of the craziest I have ever seen. I know his home averages will pickup now that he is in his groove but I was a little shocked at the gap between his splits. I would much rather him be his dominant self on the road as that is what is needed come tournament time. The guy is unreal in how he can takeover a game in a matter of minutes.
I think that a part of that is that we had several home games after the UNC game and his ankle limited him a good bit. Lacked the burst and explosiveness he seems to have now. Even so, those numbers are crazy.

I know this may be farfetched but if DK could score his first 40 pt game this season at Rupp to secure the win, that would be bananas.

I’ll talk my wife into us having another baby just to name him or her after Dalton Knecht if that happens. I’t may require some medical miracles , but I’ll figure it out later.

Last edited:
He’s coming to D1 in Knoxville next week to play Knockout and do a meet-and-greet.
Thanks for the Info Panthro

Really been wanting to take my son to one of these but we will be out of town for this one. Any idea if there will be any more of these locally with DK or any of the other Vols?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You bet I am. Saw the greatest show on earth (basketball version) in the 70’s. It truly was an exciting time back then. This Knecht show is giving me those vibes again.
Ding Ding Ding!!!! Went to tape tomorrow nights Cock game and had goose bumps. Dale and some of the others since E&B were very good but, Knecht is special, extremely special. Go Vols!

IMG_0431.jpeg

Didn’t realize Knecht had such a dramatic late growth spurt, which would explain a lot. I went back and watched his senior HS tape and he’s almost unrecognizable both physically and with his jump shot. Very similar trajectory as Gordon Hayward.

Thanks for the Info Panthro

Really been wanting to take my son to one of these but we will be out of town for this one. Any idea if there will be any more of these locally with DK or any of the other Vols?
As a matter of fact, I have it on good authority that in mid-February, Dalton will be doing a similar event at Dick's House of Sport. I think Zakai will be at that one, too.

As a matter of fact, I have it on good authority that in mid-February, Dalton will be doing a similar event at Dick's House of Sport. I think Zakai will be at that one, too.
Thanks Panthro

That's awesome. I hope that event takes place. Please keep us up to speed on that if you are able!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here is as Trivia Q for some older Vol Nation Fans: Does anyone remember being in Stokely in either 76 or 77 when UT hosted UK and the entire 12,000 UT fans all held up their Daily Beacons (like we were reading them) when KY players were announced?? We gave them the silent treatment. Had to be there, but it was clever and awesome!!
I remember the photos of it. Love to see that done again...
but we'd have to find someone with the machinery to print "throwback" newspapers. Then we'd have to get UT to send out a mass Instagram explaining to everyone under 30 what a hard copy newspaper is.

🫤 And still we'd have 6,000 fans holding their phones in front of their faces.

(FWIW, IMHO it ain't a real "throwback newspaper" if it doesn't have a big 4 column tire ad in the Sports section.)

VN Store

Back