'24 DC EDGE Dylan Stewart (uscjr commit)

Recruited Harbor from D.C. last year as well. Someone on staff can recruit the nation’s capital.
South Carolina under Beamer has prioritized a couple of players every class and put all their resources into those couple of recruits. And they keep their in-state kids home for the most part. The rest are recruits down other major program's boards and some average guys.

Future transfer portal candidate, that's if he actually signs his NLI

An interaction:
you say they’re recruiting really well

I question that statement since they’re only 16th, 17th or 26th depending on the site you look at.

Pretty fair
I’m just joshing ya.

They only have 15 commits. If you look at their average recruit rating they’re 10th I think. We are 8, Clemson 9.

I don’t think they have the resources to climb to the top like we do, but I think it’s fair to acknowledge their upward trajectory. I really hope we brutalize them in 8 weeks though.

Reactions: LittleVol
By your logic, Butch must have been a genius
I was here… I remember a lot of "trust the staff" back then too, until Butch’s limitations became clear to everybody.

What does it make us if Beamer is the clown this board portrays him as? Give our guys a little credit. Give our Clemson win some credit.

If Beamer turns out to be a fraud that’s great for us and y’all will look prescient. I don’t care about being right, but I’m not gonna push a narrative purely because I’m butthurt about a loss.

I was here… I remember a lot of "trust the staff" back then too, until Butch’s limitations became clear to everybody.

What does it make us if Beamer is the clown this board portrays him as? Give our guys a little credit. Give our Clemson win some credit.

If Beamer turns out to be a fraud that’s great for us and y’all will look prescient. I don’t care about being right, but I’m not gonna push a narrative purely because I’m butthurt about a loss.
This narrative was being pushed long before that loss. Since the year he was hired people have been saying butch 2.0

Reactions: volsagain
This narrative was being pushed long before that loss. Since the year he was hired people have been saying butch 2.0
I looked it up. Zach Ragan compared some comments made by each. Apart from that it seems to only live here.

I hope y’all are right but guy’s dad is a legend, and he actually played football instead of the clarinet.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way about Beamer is his irritation at press conferences at totally valid questions, just like Butch used to be. Also, celebrating like he’s won the Super Bowl while getting beat 38-7

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I think that’s a sour grapes driven narrative but we will see.

Dude beat us and Clemson in consecutive weeks. That’s nothing to scoff at.

I still think we spank them in Neyland.
South Carolina looked like crap until those last two regular season games and had not shown any notable improvement over Beamer's first season. Many of their fans were getting down on him as a coach. They seemed to revert back to the team we saw most of the season in the bowl game against an OK Notre Dame squad. The question is...are they going to be more like the team we saw against the Vols and Clemson...or the team we saw in every other game? The new OC doesn't have a great reputation as an OC either. Maybe they're improved, but Beamer hasn't shown much as a HC outside of two good games.

South Carolina looked like crap until those last two regular season games and had not shown any notable improvement over Beamer's first season. Many of their fans were getting down on him as a coach. They seemed to revert back to the team we saw most of the season in the bowl game against an OK Notre Dame squad. The question is...are they going to be more like the team we saw against the Vols and Clemson...or the team we saw in every other game? The new OC doesn't have a great reputation as an OC either. Maybe they're improved, but Beamer hasn't shown much as a HC outside of two good games.
6-6 to 8-4 with two wins over top 10 doesn’t seem like improvement to you? Alright man fair enough

SC is crootin their arses off. We might have to rethink the VN narrative of Beamer being a bumbling incompetent.
Hey, they are in the SEC with money to pay recruits. No surprise they are going to sign top recruits. It’s just a mess now in recruiting. In the future won’t work out well.

6-6 to 8-4 with two wins over top 10 doesn’t seem like improvement to you? Alright man fair enough
Well, without those two wins he mentioned it would literally be no improvement.

Not saying he's right or wrong but you seemed to miss that part of his statement.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
Hey, they are in the SEC with money to pay recruits. No surprise they are going to sign top recruits. It’s just a mess now in recruiting. In the future won’t work out well.
I’m surprised. Columbia is a sweltering hell hole for one and SC just doesn’t have the pedigree.

I hope you’re right I’m just saying this narrative seems to be based on very little tangible evidence.

Well, without those two wins he mentioned it would literally be no improvement.

Not saying he's right or wrong but you seemed to miss that part of his statement.
Lol. Let’s just take out our 2 losses then.

We’re National Champs! Yesss!!!

Lol. Let’s just take out our 2 losses then.

We’re National Champs! Yesss!!!
Again, you seem to be missing the point... Until those two upset wins fans were starting to get down on him. They looked like they did last year with no QB while upgrading many pivotal positions including QB.

His point still remains.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said before those two wins they hadn't shown improvement over the previous season...not that they didn't show some improvement when looking at the season as a whole. The team looked a lot different against UT and Clemson than they had all season.

Again, you seem to be missing the point... Until those two upset wins fans were starting to get down on him. They looked like they did last year with no QB while upgrading many pivotal positions including QB.

His point still remains.
Does it? How fair is it to say "take a team’s 2 biggest wins out and let’s judge their season on that?" Silly.

Dude may very well be mediocre. But they are moving in the right direction. Any neutral would tell you that. And it’s just statistics.

Does it? How fair is it to say "take a team’s 2 biggest wins out and let’s judge their season on that?" Silly.

Dude may very well be mediocre. But they are moving in the right direction. Any neutral would tell you that. And it’s just statistics.
Dude…read his post lol cripes

VN Store

Back