DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Assuming Dooley thinks Shannon is a good fit, would his hiring be contingent on the assistants he plans to hire? Ifso Im assuming then they (Dooley an Shannon) would have to contact those assistants and agree to terms prior to any announcemt of the new DC. Correct?
I imagine that would take a week or so, depending on how long this has been in the works. Either way I believe it is very important to the stability of the class to at least know who your DC is before the Jan 13th recruiting weekend.

Per 680 The Fan via 104.5 the Zone in Nashville:

UT has cut off negotiations with Kevin Steele.

From a poster on VQ: - Randy Shannon will be the new DC

- He is brining Barrow with him

- Pender and Diggs are Vols

- As some have posted, McCullers and Borque are Vols

Other stuff:

- There is some worry about Pig, but Joseph and Thompson will talk to him after the UA game and the feeling is Tennessee should be fine there

- Santos and Peters will remain Vols

- Joseph to TE/ST(don't know who will coach db's)

I feel the first couple of things he states are wrong.
I was just thinking that maybe moving Joseph there would be better than leaving him at such a critical position.
I read in the Tennessean where Marcus Robertson got let go from the Titans after 3yrs. He's going to be looking for work, obviously. What's odd about that move is the Titans had a pretty good secondary and were like 14th in the league in defense.

volzfan1998 said:
From FLVOL53 On VQ

"I just received a text from a teammate of Randy Shannon's and a former co-worker of mine that told me "B - Randy has been offered the job at UT it will be hard for him to turn it down". He is very close with Randy and is still very connected to the UM program. To confirm what I was told I made a few calls and was told by two individuals that Dooley has offered Shannon the job and the ball is in Shannon's court to make a decision.

It is up to Shannon gents.

These other two individuals are very connected to high school football in S. Florida...ie Nuke 2009."

From another thread, figured it could go in the first post. Thanks for doing this, rjd970. :hi:

No deal has been made. No one has been found that is acceptable or who will accept the position including Shannon and Steel. Most likely there will be a promotion from within the existing coaching staff. Perhaps that is the best thing anyway so we don't find the program in this same position next season. Time will reveal. The facts are that only Dooley and Hart know at this point and until they are ready, we will be kept much lime mushrooms.

No deal has been made. No one has been found that is acceptable or who will accept the position including Shannon and Steel. Most likely there will be a promotion from within the existing coaching staff. Perhaps that is the best thing anyway so we don't find the program in this same position next season. Time will reveal. The facts are that only Dooley and Hart know at this point and until they are ready, we will be kept much lime mushrooms.

How are you backing up your "facts"?

Shannon has a way to get defensive recruits drafted in the NFL...normally in the 1st round. He'll be a huge get for us not only as DC but as a recruiter too.

who are you?

Reactions: 1 person
Dolphins Chuck Neinas payed 25k to look for new HC, Shannon "top candidate"

Last edited:

I like lime mushrooms in my Corona :toast:

VN Store

Back