DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Been told the following regarding Steele:

- Steele is Dooley's top choice

- Dooley has spoken to Steele's representatives and has been informed that Steele is very interested and wants to discuss after Orange Bowl out of respect for his current players

- Hart has no preference of Shannon v. Steele

- Hart has prior relationship with Steele

The fact that Shannon has not already been hired leads me to believe that it will be Steele.

After seeing last night's performance, Steele definitely lost some luster as the DC candidate. Have heard that major boosters have directly contacted Hart today voicing their opposition to Steele. I do know that Steele's representatives contacted Dooley this morning. Hiring Steele (the DC whose defense gave up the most points in bowl history) would be such a bad PR move for Dooley and the program, that Dooley has reconsidered his preference of Steele over Shannon. I cannot confirm that an offer has been made to Shannon, but I believe it to be true.

After seeing last night's performance, Steele definitely lost some luster as the DC candidate. Have heard that major boosters have directly contacted Hart today voicing their opposition to Steele. I do know that Steele's representatives contacted Dooley this morning. Hiring Steele (the DC whose defense gave up the most points in bowl history) would be such a bad PR move for Dooley and the program, that Dooley has reconsidered his preference of Steele over Shannon. I cannot confirm that an offer has been made to Shannon, but I believe it to be true.

Are any other programs going after RS?

updated with latest craziness...sorry, busy the last two hours.

OCIVol has officially become the first poster to fall under both Steele and Shannon camps.

Reactions: 2 people
Well at least that way he'll be right one way or the other. What happens if it's neither? I say pitchfork mob and a public hanging. j/k

The story is going to be Steele was the leader and last night's debacle made him less desirable from a PR standpoint, so we went with Shannon. And, it could very well be the case. Let's hope so.

I believe it has been Shannon all along. But Hart may have considered Steele if that is what Dooley wanted until last night. Also believe alot of things being done before the announcement. Like talking to recruits and possible jumpers. To assure them that it is all good in Knoxville

I believe it has been Shannon all along. But Hart may have considered Steele if that is what Dooley wanted until last night. Also believe alot of things being done before the announcement. Like talking to recruits and possible jumpers. To assure them that it is all good in Knoxville

We may want Shannon (count me in), but that doesn't mean Shannon wants us.. He apperantly has several offers....

just now accepted

serious? Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

VN Store

Back