DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Stopit28 prediction is now officially wrong.

Going through the thread again, I can't say I am surprised.

Shannon may very well be the guy, but stopit28 said it would be within 48 hours.

JMO, but if we don't hear anything this weekend, and given the performance of Steele's work tonight, I don't think it would be a good sign. It could mean Steele was the guy and now they are scrambling and trying to get the checkbook opened wider for Shannon. If it doesn't work, we could be looking at other options.

there is some reason, I can't determine why, that Shannon is not being hired. His resume is top notch if you remove the NCAA / Miami stigma. His name has come up with several openings in the last month but he ends up not hired..

It could be financial or it could be NCAA or it could be something else. I don't know, but things are not happening for him.

I don't know if UT will continue down Steele path after last night but not convinced yet the path leads to Shannon either. Last night was brutal any way you slice and would be a very tough sell to the UT fanbase.

there is some reason, I can't determine why, that Shannon is not being hired. His resume is top notch if you remove the NCAA / Miami stigma. His name has come up with several openings in the last month but he ends up not hired..

It could be financial or it could be NCAA or it could be something else. I don't know, but things are not happening for him.

I don't know if UT will continue down Steele path after last night but not convinced yet the path leads to Shannon either. Last night was brutal any way you slice and would be a very tough sell to the UT fanbase.

I know you like Steele overall and are connected to the hill so I am glad to hear this from you. IMO Steele's D could have been flat last night and he'd have been fine but to lose like that is a stink we cannot be attached to right now.

I can agree with this...there was a lot of buzz around Shannon early on and I thought if Hart was going to open the checkbook it would happen quick. I just don't see how it could be the NCAA stuff holding him back, but I am not familiar with how all that works.

From a poster on VQ

"As I posted since early Monday, UT has been in contact with Shannon for about a month. Looks like it could be announced this week. Shannon wants a lot, but he commands a lot. IMHO he'll fit in real well with the VFL part of the program. So that's it. I THINK it will/should be announced by Friday due to us having a few visitors this weekend.

Problems arose over details and terms...AND other teams coming calling. Plus Shannon has shown no problem walking away from the table if he's not assured on every last detail (see Arky). I think, but have not been told, that UT contacted Shannon right before the "deal" with Arky when Wilcox was floated for ASU.

I have posted a lot of hints and stuff about this Monday/Tuesday. This will be my last one until it's announced."

Could a deal already be in place for Shannon, and they are letting him contact recruits, etc...outside the bounds of NCAA rules? Once dead periods, all star games, ect are done, then bring him on to make a big splash? He isn't affiliated with any university or program, so technically he wouldn't be breaking any rules.

Is this a shrewd move, or a dumb idea?

Could a deal already be in place for Shannon, and they are letting him contact recruits, etc...outside the bounds of NCAA rules? Once dead periods, all star games, ect are done, then bring him on to make a big splash? He isn't affiliated with any university or program, so technically he wouldn't be breaking any rules.

That would be a big NCAA violation if he contacted them and used Tenn in his conversation!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

From Another Poster On VQ.

"I posted last night that I am close to someone at GMC & who knows McCullers personally. I got a call from him yesterday telling me McCullers is a Vol.

He just called me back & said Shannon is the DC & Dooley said that to McCullers. McCullers may go public tomorrow along w/ the hiring of Shannon."

Yes, but if the accounts coming out of Miami are true, and Shannon was not only able to keep himself clean through that fiasco, but even seperate himself from the culprit. That's pretty darn impressive, there should be no stigma. It seems like a positive, especially for a school like UT that has just been through a major investigation itself, and is looking for a top notch recruiter who doesn't have to cheat, and an upper echelon coach to boot.

From Hubbs on VQ

"Tennessee we think has talked to Randy Shannon to some degree in the last day or so. I don't know any more details than that at this point."

Reactions: 2 people
Excellent thread idea! Often these posts get deleted or edited after the fact.

it might be a good idea to actually copy/paste the prediction into the thread along with the link...time consuming, i know...

"""I posted last night that I am close to someone at GMC & who knows McCullers personally. I got a call from him yesterday telling me McCullers is a Vol."""

That would rocketh.

let there be sacks!

that would most definitely be against NCAA rules. All it would take is for one kid Shannon spoke to in regards to Tennessee to say something to another school and the NCAA would beeline to Knoxville.

Shannon can't talk to recruits about any school

VN Store

Back